“Hidden Gem - SPG Collection”
Review of The Joule, Dallas

The Joule, Dallas
Ranked #6 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Chicago, Illinois
“Hidden Gem - SPG Collection”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Stayed at this hotel for couple weeks during a business trip. I must say this is not your usual 4-star hotel (Westin, Marriott, etc.). The customer service is Royal and the interior is fabulous.

Most of the rooms (unless you are upgraded) are a bit smaller than some other hotels, however the classy decor, location, service and uniqueness is something you won't find at much places.

Did I say complimentary shoe shine delivered to your room, turn-down service, valet within 5 miles.

Room Tip: Always ask for an upgrade, you never know when it's your lucky day!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank pc x

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Great Falls, Montana
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I was really impressed with my room at The Joule. It was very up to date and modern. Also had private shower and separate toilet, which helped break up the space into something more like an apartment than a hotel room. It even had a separate desk area. The room was appropriately quiet and also able to stay very dark at night. Another nice surprise was the turn down service and chocolate - many high end places have cut back on those services. The price was very reasonable considering how nice the room and service were.

Room Tip: Corner room was nice
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Brian A
Laramie, Wyoming
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Spent several nights in The Joule for a business trip. This place is over the top. Great amenities, better service, and and overall wonderful experience. Felt great value. Had a couple small issues during my stay and they were taken care of almost immediately. Will look to this location during my next trip to Dallas.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Laramie, Wyoming
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

I came to the Joule for a training that was held there. Having recently come from the hospitality industry (DOS for a hilton property and conference center). I was prepared for this incredibly pricey hotel to be "nickel and diming" me for every little thing they could. I experienced just the opposite. It was all about the guest, I understand this is nothing new to the hospitality industry, however, there was something much different about how they approached service compared to what I've seen at most hotel chains. They went out of their way to make sure everything was the best for the guest. And that nickel and diming concern I mentioned earlier, besides the high price of the room and parking which is to be expected for this caliber of property and location, I was shocked to see all of the included costs that are typically not included in these type of properties. Internet, complimentary; fitness center, complimentary; chocolates and water turn down service, complimentary (or included); driver and car service within 5 miles of the hotel, complimentary. Really, I was incredibly impressed with my experience. The staff always had a solution to my questions and never waivered to provide the BEST service possible.

THANK YOU to the truly impeccable staff here at The Joule. Maybe it's just Dallas, but my oh my, I feel they've really captured the service that adds value to the price.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Flint, Texas
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed staying here and are looking forward to going back. Atmosphere is comfortable and peaceful. Restaurant was great. The spa is serene and a must do again. My husband loved the frette towels and was online the next day looking for some.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
New Hampshire
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed here to attend a meeting and found the staff to be among the most accommodating I have ever experienced in an urban hotel. Everyone went out of their way to be helpful. The pattern was repeated by every employee we met, no matter their role.

Rooms were very modern - with a sophisticated lighting system that I will admit challenged me. When I could not figure out how to turn out the bathroom sink light at night, I had to call the desk for help, and they patiently walked me through it. I sensed I was not the only person who had ever done this.

The beds were very comfortable, and the room was quiet - always a plus in a city. The shower was spacious and the shower heads were great - two of them. A bit odd is the fact that the toilet room was on the other side of the entry from the sink, but this was not a problem, just a curiosity.

I like to exercise when I travel, and I found the fitness room to be spacious, pleasantly cool with modern, well maintained equipment, towels, water, fruit and earphones. Machines had their own television screens.

The hotel is about 6 easy walking blocks from the 6th Floor Museum of the Dallas School Book Depository which chronicles the assassination of JFK. I visited by myself without a reservation midweek in February, but I can see that a reservation would be wise at any other time. It was an emotional experience. The hotel is conveniently located near excellent restaurants.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Really classy hotel. Everyone, & I mean everyone, was very polite, nice, & professional-- in a very non-stuffy way. Rooms are clean. Beds are comfy. New towels delivered in the morning & during turn-down service at night. Also, it is located in a interesting part of downtown Dallas. Lots of shopping & good eating/drinking places. I would have given this place 5 stars except 1) the commode areas are not exactly private-- i guess it is the new upscale cool thing, but I don't care for it. Nor does my wife. Also, we were there for a large wedding. The lobby bartender was soooo slow. I mean real slow. She was a very nice person-- but, real slow. You would think that the hotel would staff-up for a large, and expensive, wedding. However, like I said, she was very nice & friendly. The situation was resolved about 45 minutes later when 2 other very nice, and faster, bartenders showed up. All in all, this was a very nice & classy experience. We would absolutely go back. Oh... go & see the eye sore across the street. Yep, it is a real large sculpture of an eye. Ask the valets to explain the story behind the eye sore.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends