“Great!”

Ranked #6 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
New York City, New York, USA
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is perfectly located Downtown Dallas. Beautifully renovated with nice original architectural details.

I was lucky to be upgraded to the new wing and my room was very large with a very nice bathroom.

There is no other place I would rather stay now in Dallas. Didn't have a chance to spend time by the pool but checked it out and it looked perfect.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Francois K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have often stayed at the Adolphus when visiting AT&T right across the street but this trip I chose to try The Joule. Same convenient location across the street from AT&T with a beautiful ambiance and a very attentive staff. I found the decor to be very modern and attractive. The room that we had was slightly small but very appropriate for me and my wife. Very comfortable king size bed made for an excellent night sleep.
I will definitely return to The Joule many times.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

The rooms were amazing and most of the staff was top-notch. I realize I am not from Texas and Spanish seems to be becoming the first language of some Southern states, particularly
Texas. However, I will never understand how a hotel that charges these kind of prices and offers this type of luxury can have leaders who barely know English. We had very important meetings in the banquets area, a small window of time to accomplish a lot of info sharing and so on. The food was exceptional, better than most any banquet food I have ever eaten. However, the gentlemen in charge (Alex, I believe) was less than stellar. He claimed to be the one in charge. Despite this, I accomplished way more with the staff beneath him than I ever did with him. His English was broken at best and I don't speak Spanish so I was constantly frustrated with trying to understand him and convey my needs to him. He was pretty much invisible most of our time and never seemed confident or knowledgeable when I asked him for something. The rest of the staff was very attentive and much easier to communicate with. The rest of the staff spoke clear English for the most part despite all being Latino.

Having said this, I was not pleased to be within ear shot of constant Spanish chatter. It was difficult to concentrate on my work. I am confident they weren't talking about me although that is the perception when a non-speaking Spanish person is surrounded by those who only seem to be speaking Spanish. It's just a bunch of annoying "noise". It's very rude and unprofessional and that is only my opinion I realize. I noticed this Alex gentlemen would only address the staff members in Spanish which I didn't understand considering they all spoke good English to me. I am guessing it's because his English is so poor. I never knew what he was saying but it seemed negative based on his tone and the facial expressions of his workers.

I can appreciate diversity as much as anyone, but I cannot understand how a luxury hotel (even inTexas) can put someone in a leadership role that can't communicate clearly with the guests and seems to talk down to his staff in a public setting rather than behind closed doors. It's just very surprising to see and a little disappointing.

I know Texas is close to Mexico but I never expected a language barrier at such a beautiful, expensive property. I certainly wouldn't expect such a barrier from a supervisor at this caliber of a property.

Other than the language barrier in the banquets area, the hotel stay was fabulous and I would recommend this property to anyone. If you are bilingual or speak only Spanish, then this is the perfect place to hold your important meetings. You will love it!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank YouWant2Know
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Attention to detail and incredible service. I was upgraded and received a hotel credit which i used at the new restaurant attached to the hotel, CBD Provisions. It was so good that I ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner there. I was on a business trip and they allowed a late check out. A must try next time you are in Big D!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Fantastic hotel. Great lobby. The staff were absolutely first class, especially the front desk and drivers. Car service - a fantastically luxurious convenience.The rooms were nice, v clean and functional with a nice tv. I only tried the restaurant for breakfast so cannot really judge. The spa was great. The only mild disappointments were the swimming pool which needs a bit of some sprucing up, and a problem with their room card machine, but a mild inconvenience at most. Would only ever want to stay here in Dallas and would love for their to be a Joule hotel in every city I visit.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

My business partner and I needed to make a quick turnaround for a meeting in Dallas, but still wanted to experience a bit of Texas along the way. The Joule looked to be just what we were looking for, and boy did it exceed our expectations!

Immediately upon arrival, I was greeted by Andrew, the most outstanding and accommodating concierge I've had the pleasure of meeting. We were in a scramble to prepare presentation materials in advance of our meeting, which required a seamless early morning FedEx delivery to me at the hotel. My assistant had spoken with Andrew the day prior, and immediately upon walking into the lobby I was greeted by name and assured the FedEx would make it into my hands as soon as it arrived. And it did!

The room was clean, comfortable and unique in design. The location is ideal - we were within walking distance of some of the best ribs we assume Texas has to offer (granted, we are New Yorkers, deprived in the way of BBQ).

A huge shout out to Andrew, and to the whole Joule team. We will certainly be back should we find ourselves in Dallas!

1 Thank Brian T
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Ended up at the Joule because there was a convention in Dallas and all the usual places my work puts me in were booked. What a pleasant surprise. Typically my company puts me up in the marriott or the Sheraton. I won't bother with a review they both are ok. The joule is a small boutique hotel well located in downtown. There are lots of restaurants and bars within walking distance. The design is hip and maybe a bit trendy but in a good way. And the staff was friendly with no attitude. I live in LA and a hotel like this here the staff would give you attitude. Something to be said for little southern hospitality. I got there in the evening and was originally booked something called a Demi suite. Got there and was upgraded to an amazing room. Huge double height space with a small balcony. Great finishes in the room as well. I end up getting room service a lot for meals. Most of the time the food is mediocre. I ordered a sandwich and it was great ... Maybe I was really hungry. Also they had a great selection of beers at the bar and for room service. Will stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get upgraded to one of the corner suites ...