“Nice Hotel, I would stay again.”

Ranked #37 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I was in Dallas for an interview and was placed at this hotel. The front desk staff was great during the whole stay, even let me check in early (sorry I don't remember any names). The concierge was a great help, they directing me to a great italian place to eat, and it was in walking distance. The breakfast at the hotel was very good, much better than I had expected. All in all, I'd stay again.

Room Tip: My room was facing out towards the city and not downtown. It was definitely a better view than looki...
1  Thank GRP_21
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Hello GRP,

We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay and we hope you had a fantastic interview. We invite you to stay with us again in the future for another great experience.

Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,857)

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Be careful when staying at this hotel, someone came into our room(32nd floor) and stole a wallet(which had the room key in it), camera and phone. I hurried to one employee to ask for Security she said to ask someone else, so I asked someone else and he said, yes he was the one who would call Security then he went to help other customers. Finally, I had to track down another employee before Security was called. I had hoped by saying I needed Security that Sheraton employees would rushed to help but they did not.

Security arrived and then we had to file a police report. We did not get an apology, we were moved to another room, Sheraton offered no help or anything despite the fact that our friend flew in to go to a conference then had to miss a day of conferene because of the theft.

The rooms are okay, the bathrooms downstairs are nice and do not require a room key, the Breakfast was good, location wise, it is near a bus station with a little area for dog (dogs are allowed to stay for a fee.) There is nothing within walking distance (drugstore, mall, etc.)

When we arrived, we just wanted to check in quickly and head out to eat since we had a reservation. We asked if we could park near the front of hotel, run and check in and leave. I have stayed at Marriotts in the past and Marriott always allows this, but at Sheraton, we were told only if one person stayed with the vehicle.

If you stay at this hotel, DO NOT bring any valuables. DO NOT leave any valuables in the room even if you are just taking a shower, which is what happened to our friend, he was alone in the room showering, came out and his stuff was gone. His door was locked.

We were never given any other information. Whomever did it had a key to the room, so be careful when staying at this hotel. Even though you have a room key, so do other employees. After this incident, I walked around the lobby and noticed that people were free to come and go and there was never any security walking around.

I will never again stay at a Sheraton. I will stick with Marriotts.

Room Tip: DO NOT bring valuables as your room can be broken into even if you are in the room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Hi romeoandjuliet146,

We apologize for the issues you and your friend experienced during your stay.

The Sheraton Dallas’ Loss Prevention team and the Dallas Police Department are both investigating your friend’s missing items. If you would like to connect with the hotel’s Director of Loss Prevention, you can call the hotel and ask to speak with him, or you can address an email to 03207.socialmedia@sheraton.com.

There are convenience stores and drug stores within a quarter mile of the hotel, however North Park Mall is about 6 miles away. You can take the DART rail there if you don’t want to drive. The DART rail is just outside the North entrance of the hotel.

Guests cannot leave their vehicles unattended at the front of the hotel due to liability reasons. You must have someone with the vehicle or valet it.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We had tickets to see a show in Dallas and decided to stay at the Sheraton Dallas as it was right in the heart of the city. It was our anniversary and our last time together before my wife gave birth to our daughter. When we arrived we were greeted at the front desk with a smile and a great welcome. When I told the lady at the desk the reason for our stay she immediately went above and beyond and offered us a free upgrade to a suite, free parking and breakfast vouchers for our entire stay! What a welcome!

The view was phenomenal, we over looked Dallas from the 30th floor. The room was clean and very comfortable. As it was our first trip to Dallas I decided to speak to the concierge about places to eat and things to do, again, service was impeccable. We were given some great tips about bbq places to eat and were even given coupons for free appetizers... The the staff at this hotel really seem to take pride in their jobs.

The only down side is that this hotel is HUGE. They have a beautiful roof top pool but it seemed to be packed every minute of the day which made us shy away from taking a dip.

I don't know when I'll ever go back to Dallas, but I would recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of going.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stuxoid
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Hello Stuxoid,

We are very pleased to know that you, and your wife, enjoyed your stay with us. We love to surprise and delight our guests, especially when they are celebrate special occasions like yours. We hope that you will return to the Sheraton Dallas again in the future for another memorable experience with exceptional service. And congratulations on your new baby girl!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Immediately upon arrival front desk agent Jane greeted me with a warm smile and welcoming tone.She directly assisted me with the any accommodations that i needed for my business stay. Her level of professionalism as well as customer experience made a great impression; something that i will share will all my colleagues. Thank you Jane.

Room Tip: If you are a Starwood Preferred Guest, don't forget to let them know.

Hello Joseph,

We appreciate you sharing your review with us. Your review has been shared with the Director of Front Office and the Sheraton Dallas’ management team. We will make sure that Jane receives the recognition she deserves for her outstanding service with a smile. We invite you to stay with us again the next time you journey to Dallas.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed 3 nights for a conference. Service was great, food options were good, room was clean but seemed a bit dated. Bed & pillows were way too soft for my liking and I didn't sleep well. Haven't stayed at other hotels in similar area, but would stay at a newer hotel next time if prices were comparable.

1  Thank 159adamr

Hello Adam,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. Our pillows are very plush but also quite soft. If the pillows are too soft, we suggest asking the front desk to have a firmer foam pillow sent up to your room. Our guest’s sleep experience is very important to us, and we apologize that yours was not perfect. We encourage and invite you to stay with us again the next time you journey to Dallas for an enjoyable stay and comfortable sleep experience.

Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Love the location. Perfect for business or pleasure. Awesome gym. I believe hotels lose sight of how important fitness is to business traveler and this Sheraton has a great workout area. Rooms and public area very clean and staff very helpful. Travel to Dallas quite a bit. This will be my home away from home. Highly recommend.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Matt F
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Hello Matt,

Thank you for your recommendation. The Sheraton Dallas values our guest's fitness while traveling, and we are pleased to know you enjoy our fitness center. We are excited to be your new home away from home! If there is anything you need during your future stays, feel free to connect with me directly at ted.lepak@sheraton.com.

Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Big place, but seems to excel where the other local airport (SPG) properties have dropped the ball. Club Lounge is large, clean, well stocked and hosted by a refreshingly service oriented person by the name of Sara Marie.. Check in was quick and friendly and overall service attitude have made the extra drive time to this property worth while..

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bztrvl
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Hello Bztrvl,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the club lounge, and the service of Sara Marie and the Sheraton Dallas hotel team members. We invite you to stay with us again the next time you journey to Dallas.