“Great Gym”

Ranked #43 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
“Great Gym”
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Clean, big gym with plenty to offer if you want to exercise while away for business. Rooms updated, good restaurants on site, Peets coffee as well. Downtown quiet at night. Service great, friendly and helpful. Hotel large good for conferences.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank wvb4
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Hello William,

We are pleased to know you enjoyed our top of the line Fitness Center powered by Core Performance and our restaurants. We invite you to stay with us again for another great experience.

Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (568)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Great staff. Rooms were quiet and the food on property was well priced.only draw back is locations..if you like to walk to places your options are limited. But overall I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed September 2013
Hello Erik,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your review with us. We invite you to stay with us again in the future for another outstanding experience. Also, please connect with our concierge in the lobby next time to find food, shopping, and events nearby.

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Writing this review because of two very helpful and assisting staff at the Sheraton Downtown Dallas. Rena and Stephanie in Guest Services are phenomenal. Assisted in multiple issues with people next to us in the hotel and provided exceptional support. Would write a good review for both of these ladies any day. Already reached out to their Director to give a good report. Keep it up Sheraton, your guest services are amazing!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Hello Drew,

Thank you for sharing your review, and your recommendation with us. We are pleased to know you enjoyed the services Rena and Stephanie provided. The Director of Front Office has been informed and has personally thanked and commended them for their outstanding service. We invite you to return to the Sheraton Dallas in the future for another amazing experience.

new york
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I try to be positive in my reviews in general, realizing that many people read them and they certainly factor in my decisions where to stay when I travel myself...that being said, there are several issues that made for an unpleasant stay. I stayed Thursday night to Sunday morning 11/21 to 11/24. check in was done with a smile and things started off wonderfully even though I was a Priceline customer...no mention made at check in... assigned to room 2576, a king room on the SPG floor in Tower 5 North...upon entering there was a distinct musty odor present, most likely from the carpet and bed area...requested a room change and was assigned to room 1171...same issue in this room, a very unpleasant odor...I gave up asking for another room change and figured this must be an issue throughout the hotel...asked housekeeping to deodorize the room but it didn't help much...at this point I was disgusted and went to the local CVS and purchased deodorizing spray and scented candles...this made the room somewhat more bearable for the rest of the stay but really, should I be the one who has to do this or is it the job of the hotel to take care of these issues? To top it all off, there was a large black tie event being held at the hotel on Saturday evening attended by 20 something year olds who roamed the hallways of every section intoxicated and very loud...at 230 am the fire alarm went off waking everyone up and continued to blare for at least 20 minutes before an announcement was made that it was a false alarm, most likely activated by one of these people attending the event...I hope that hotel management caught this incident on camera and presses charges against the offender..police were on scene in the lobby of the hotel for the rest of the night monitoring this group's behavior...I saw the officers still there as I checked out at 5am to catch my flight home...a sleepless night...I hope the hotel has the good sense not to allow this group to book there in the future..I will not be staying here again

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Hello royalpiper,

We apologize for the issues you experienced with your room. I have personally visited both rooms to make sure they smell fresh and clean for our future guests. We are very sorry the fire alarm and for the guests who disturbed your sleep experience. The Sheraton Dallas’ security team and the Dallas Police Department are still investigating the event and will press charges on the person who was accountable. We encourage you to stay with us again for a quiet, comfortable and enjoyable experience.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 November 2013

From the outside the building looks very new and modern. The lobby is also very beautiful and modern. I was surprised when I got to my room as it just didn't feel modern. The bathroom was very small and the windows just looked old and worn. So I did a little research and learned the hotel (or at least the tower I was in) was erected in 1958. That also explained why the elevators didn't work well and why the air didn't work in AUGUST. The elevator situation was a serious problem that the hotel needs to address. I was there for a conference and during the conference breaks there was a line to get on the elevator. The line stretched all the way into the lobby. There was no way to run up to your room and back during the 15 minute breaks. One of the elevators was broken the entire week I was there. On the plus side, they had a program where if you didn't have the maid clean your room you got a $5 voucher at the hotel restaurant. I enjoyed a lovely free dessert. Nice program! The location is another bonus. I walked to the JFK museum and the trolly stop was a short walk as well. DART was across the street and the convention center is connected.

Room Tip: Try and stay in the North Tower- its 25 years younger than the other towers. Low floor might be bet...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Hello Desha,

We apologize for the issues you experienced with the air conditioning and the elevators. We assure you our elevators are all up to code. The elevators service a lot of floors, and if one elevator is under maintenance than the others take on more traffic and the service is not as quick. We invite you to stay with us and experience the hotel again. If you need anything during your stay, please connect with me directly at ted.lepak@sheraton.com.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Sheraton is usually good place to stay but the one in dallas promised us parking and we paid for it only to findout there were no spaces and they allow drunk guest to roam the halls a lot of them, no security either stay away from the dallas Sheraton.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sillygeek
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Hello sillygeek,

We apologize for the issues you experienced with parking and we apologize for the rowdy guests that disturbed your sleep experience. We had a very large group stay with us for the Margarita Ball this weekend and we had the hotel security patrolling as well as the Dallas police and we are very sorry that this group on your floor was missed. We invite, and encourage you, to return to the Sheraton Dallas the next time you journey to Dallas for a quiet and comfortable experience.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stay at this hotel every year for the same conference. I have been disappointed in the past as the rooms are very small and most rooms seem very close to the elevators (hence, you hear people getting on and off all night). This year, I was able to find a junior suite on the Sheraton website for the same price as the conference rate for a regular room. I was very pleased with the upgrade. It was far from the elevator and the room was very large. If you plan to visit the hotel, I suggest you check the website regularly for deals.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Caryn E
Hello Caryn,

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your experience in one of our junior suites this year. If you have any issues or requests during your stay with us next year, please connect with me directly at ted.lepak@sheraton.com and I will make sure you have a very comfortable and memorable experience.