“Old hotel breaking down”

Ranked #41 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
Portland, Oregon
“Old hotel breaking down”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My group recently came in for a conference, and we had multitudes of problems. The escalators broke down at least once a day, several elevators were broken and were not repaired in the two weeks we were there, and the staff response time was generally poor.

The one bright spot of our two weeks was Sara Marie in the concierge lounge. She handled me and our attendees with enthusiasm, professionalism, and genuine joy for her job. A hotel full of Saras would have made for an amazing time.

The rooms were rather nice, but housekeeping tended to be spotty. A few times, I got a bathmat instead of a towel, and amenities were often not refreshed.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank dblsqz
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Hello dbisqz,

We apologize for the issues you experienced with the elevators and escalators during your stay. The elevators and escalators have since been fixed, and we have shared your review with the hotel’s Director of Housekeeping to follow up on the inconveniences with the towels and amenities. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the club lounge and Sara Marie. She is a wonderful employee and her first priority is always guest satisfaction. We invite you to return to the Sheraton Dallas again in the future.

Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (574)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gold Coast australia
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Always bigger in texas....massive room and Great big comfy king bed and good view of the city. Not very close to shopping though abit of a walk...staff were friendly and helpful..good breakfast too......all round good stay..................

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello Tamborinetourists,

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your room, your view, and our friendly team members. If you ever journey back to Dallas, we invite you to stay with us again for another good stay.

Garland, Texas
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I would like to say that rachell. Was very polite and friedly made me ferl very comfortable at Sheraton dallas hotel.very , excellent customer service. Good communication skills. I really appreciate her service.thanks to rachell good job well done.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Chamell G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are pleased to know that you had a very welcoming and comfortable arrival with us. We have shared your review with the Director of Front office who will see to it that Rachell is recognized for her outstanding service. We invite you to return to the Sheraton Dallas again in the future for another enjoyable experience.

Fort Worth
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at this location several times and staff have always been fantastic.

The real challenge seems to be a lack of investment.... From the hotel restaurant, to the beds, to the internet, consistent disappointments!!!

It seems like it is rapidly declining, the internet service never worked in my room (a suite) and by the end of my visit I'd spent more time on the phone with tick support than actually connected to the internet. They need to go back to the previous provider, because this service is enough to cause me to not return.

Similarly, I was fortunate to get upgraded to a suite, but it had some of he worst beds I've encountered at a Sheraton (definitely not one of the heavenly beds).

And finally, even after two attempts, the chicken was still terribly undercooked (I think the waitress was even embarrassed).

A nice location, with great staff, but some serious challenges once you get past the great people (which is really unfortunate, because getting the quality staff is the hard part).

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Hello Travelbum2005,

We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. We are looking into the internet issues you experienced, which may have been caused by some of the rewiring work we’ve been doing recently. We are sorry to hear that you were displeased with the beds. Our beds are Sheraton Suite Sleeper beds, the Westin hotels have the Heavenly beds. We also apologize for your dining experience and we invite you to return to the Sheraton Dallas again in the future. If you reach out to me directly at ted.lepak@sheraton.com before your stay, I will personally see to it that your stay is a comfortable and special experience.

Oakland
Reviewed 30 March 2014

During my stay here at the Sheraton, there has been various little things that given me a reserved feeling about the hotel. However, after being served at the in-house eatery "the Draft", the server Ben began to change my mind about my visit. He was one of the nicest, most accommodating, servers in the building. He was very attentive to our food orders and request. He frequently checked back with us once out orders were complete. He kept a very professional, yet friendly and positive attitude the entire time. I also wanted to give a very positive review to Tim the bartender. Bartender's (in my opinion) have the tendency to be so focused on making drinks and can tend to let the customer service side of the equation lack. Not Tim! He was also extremely pleasant, friendly and maintained his professionalism. The drinks were absolutely GREAT! I thank both of these gentleman for bringing a some form of balance to my stay here at this hotel. They really represent the Sheraton brand well! I hope things continue to get better for the duration of my stay. Would I choose this hotel for future travels, absolutely!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hello Katy B,

We apologize that you and your husband were disturbed in the middle of the night. If the loss prevention team was knocking there must have been a good reason, however we are sorry that it affected you sleep experience. The Dallas Convention Center is about a mile away from the hotel. It’s a little long to walk, but a very short ride in a taxi or on the DART rail. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us, and I hope that you will give the hotel another opportunity in the future. If you do, please connect with me at ted.lepak@sheraton.com prior to your arrival so I can personally ensure your stay is wonderful.

Caversham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed here recently for a week with my husband who was attending a conference at the convention center. We weren't very impressed with the Sheraton - they seemed to charge you for absolutely everything. The charges for receiving packages were a joke - surely this should be included in your room charge. I got charged $2 for a 2 minute toll free call although the call sheet in our room said there would be no charge. The internet is variable and expensive. We had a lot of noise coming from the room next door as the security guards thought it was acceptable to keep knocking on their door at 3am. The location is the worst of the downtown hotels - the Hyatt and the Omni are much better located for the convention center. The Peets coffee in the lobby is extortionately expensive - over $5 for a blueberry muffin. The queues at the reception/check in were normally very long indeed.
The only upside of the hotel that I could see was that the elevator was really fast.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Hello Katy B,

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I've been staying at this hotel for work every week since November and the main reasons I keep coming back are for the huge gym and the great experience I have at the Club Lounge every day. Sara Marie and Ronald are absolutely amazing, constantly checking up on me (proud to say I'm now on the exclusive list of people who they know by first name), and ensuring that I have everything I need while I'm there, whether its another glass of wine/beer or more appetizers. Furthermore, the gym is the biggest hotel gym I've ever seen with free weights that go up to 100lbs, a smith machine, various strength training machines, and more than enough cardio machines.

In addition to the aforementioned pros, the Draft downstairs is a great place to watch any sporting event or just hang out with co-workers. A couple of pool tables and karaoke rooms are available to liven up your evening if things get too dull in your life as well.

The only complaints I have involve the inconsistency of the water pressure in the showers of different rooms as well as the inconsistency of the additional amenities in the SPG preferred guest rooms (sometimes rooms have the shaving kits and vanity packs, sometimes they don't even though all of these rooms should) - very minor complaints but just something I've noticed over the past few months that I've been staying here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Hello Andrew Y,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and for your loyalty to the Sheraton Dallas hotel. We value your business and we will continue to provide you with the quality service that you have come to expect from our Club Lounge, Fitness Center, and Draft. We apologize for the inconsistencies with the water pressure and the additional amenities. We are very pleased to know you have enjoyed your stays with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back for more memorable experiences at the Sheraton Dallas.