“After Work Relief”

Ranked #39 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stopped by the Sheraton after meeting with a potential client who actually cancelled on me after our time to meet, I was walking distance from the Sheraton so I decided to go in for a drink before I tackle traffic. I took the time to do this because I had the cutest and nicest bartender "Kay" she was an uplift very bright and bubbly and actually made me forget my frustration about my meeting. Her service was superb and the drinks were delicious, hats off to the Sheraton for such a wonderful employee, her legal name is Kateesha Meloncon so please pat her on the back for the stellar service she gave me.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank pnealy11
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Hello pnealy11,

We are glad to know that Kay was able to ease your frustrations and take your mind off a rough day. We will certainly commend her for her wonderful service and we hope you will come visit us again soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Stayed for 1 night in March 2014 with a friend while visiting Dallas. We were upgraded for free and without even asking. Very helpful staff who helped us figure out our way around and where to go.

Great rooms that very very clean and modern. They had the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Good view. Complimentary internet. The DART station is super close. About half a block away. Central location. Huge gym space and awesome rooftop pool as well. Highly recommended I would come back here again for sure.

I still dream about the comfortable bed......best sleep in a long time. Thanks Sheraton.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Hello Kristin,

We appreciate you sharing your review with us. We are glad to know that you and your friend enjoyed your upgrade, the Sheraton Suite Sleeper bed, the Sheraton Fitness Center, the rooftop pool, and the rest of your experience at the Sheraton Dallas.

We invite you to stay with us for another great experience, the next time you come to Dallas.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We are staying at sheraton for final four weekend,and our stay has been uneven to say the least. It started off on the wrong foot as we tried to leave our car with valet to check in. We were told by valet that there was no more valet service and we would have to self park during our stay due to the hotel being almost totally booked.(we thought it would be the opposite,self park would be filled, and we would have to valet our car). I dropped off my wife with our bags to go check in while I self parked. Much to my dismay, when I got the registration desk, my wife was totally flustered, as she had to carry all the bags by herself a substantial distance to the check in desk.she was told there were not enough bell hops to help, as the hotel was jam- packed Now the hotel knew this weekend was going to be extremely busy, and they should have been prepared for such. We have stayed at the sheraton suites, market center, and the downtown aloft during Texas Oklahoma football weekends, which are just as busy, and never experienced such disarray. We are Starwood gold members and have always been offered complimentary club level access with our stays, but not so this time. We were offered club access.for an up charge of $50,something we declined. for compensation of the uneven service during check in, we were offered complimentary parking, which was certainly much welcomed. So we get to our room, and it takes 5 swipes of our room key card to open the door, and the door itself had a gap between door jam and door which made it seems as if door was off it's hinges, which it wasn't. Then we each take a shower and the water pressure is abysmal at best. This was clearly our worst stay ever at a Starwood property until..... We voiced our complaints to Lauren Ashley, a desk receptionist for the hotel. Ashley was extremely apologetic,and couldn't do more to salvage our stay. She changed and upgraded our room to an executive suite, and offered us breakfast coupons in lieu of club level access, and was totally amazing. She is the type of employee that every company should want in their employ.As an aside, the hotel gym is the nicest I have ever seem in any hotel, but the Heater on the outdoor pool could have been a little more effective, as the water temperature was approximately 70-72 degrees and the outdoor temperature Was in the upper 60's.so we are now happy and looking forward to the final four and the rest of our stay!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello q1219,

We apologize that you had to self-park during your stay, however the hotel only has 200 valet parking spots and when they fill up we have to direct guests to self-parking for security reasons. We are very sorry your wife had to carry your bags while you parked the car. This is unacceptable and your review has been shared with the proper management to make sure this incident is noted to avoid future issues. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed your upgrade and breakfast coupons, and we will be sure that Lauren is commended for her outstanding service. We invite you to stay with us the next time you journey to Dallas for a five-star star quality experience.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Friendly front desk, Nice hotel, room was nice size, parking and valet is expensive(like $22 & $32), but if you go right past the hotel there is a very lighted (seemingly safe) parking lot that is very inexpensive for the night.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 123mandig

Hello 123mandig,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your room, the hotel, and our friendly team members. There are several parking alternatives you can take advantage of other than our garage, however the Sheraton Dallas is not liable for your vehicle when you do not park in our garage. We invite you to stay with us the next time you journey to downtown Dallas.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

The customer service at the Sheraton is sorely lacking. In fact, it's some of the worst I've ever encountered at a hotel.

Things got off to a bad start when I had to wait in a 15-minute-long line to check in. Even though the line was super long and people were visibly agitated, a number of employees were just standing around staring into space instead of jumping on an empty computer to help out the 20+ customers waiting.

Once I got to my room which, by the way, was actually pretty nice, I decided to go downstairs to Draft, the hotel bar. After being ignored for about 20 minutes, I finally got a beer. Didn't feel like waiting 20 more minutes for a second drink, so I went to the Kitchen Table, their restaurant. I was ignored there for an extended period of time -- shock, shock -- so I left and went to the nearby Marriott for a drink and snack. Service there was prompt.

The next day, I came back to my room at 4:30p and it hadn't been cleaned. I called downstairs twice. No one bothered to answer, so I had to go downstairs to the front desk to see what was up. The woman said she'd take care of it ASAP, so I decided to give Draft a second chance and grab a drink while I waited for my room to be cleaned. The staff was totally overwhelmed, even though the place wasn't even half full. A frazzled customer walked up to the bar and told the bartender he'd been trying to catch his waitress' attention for 20 minutes and still hadn't been able to place a drink order. Another woman was complaining that they were out of everything she'd tried to order. The bartender snapped at one point, swearing at a couple of the waiters in front of customers -- me included -- seated at the bar. Classy.

When I got back up to my room at 6:30p, it STILL hadn't been cleaned, so I went to grab a bite to eat. By 8:30p, the room had finally been cleaned. Seriously, how is it OK for a hotel to still be cleaning rooms that late at night?

Next day, the maids actually came without me having to say anything ... but they were apparently in such a hurry they couldn't be bothered to leave fresh toiletries. I didn't have the energy to deal with the inept hotel staff yet again, so I just let it go.

There's more I could share, but you get the idea. Long story short, if you enjoy subpar customer service -- worse than what you'd get at a Motel 6 -- the Sheraton is the place for you. Otherwise, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank imeasily_bored
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

We apologize for the issues you encountered at our restaurants and bars, and with housekeeping. We have shared your review with the Director of Food and Beverage, the Director of Housekeeping, and several other key leaders of the hotel and we will be investigating your issues thoroughly. We are sorry that these inconveniences affected your views of the hotel, and we would love to show you that your experience was an unfortunate exception to the Sheraton Dallas' true face and spirit. We invite you to return to the hotel in the future, and when you book your stay, please reach out to me directly at ted.lepak@sheraton.com and I will personal look into your next stay and make sure you see how incredible our customer service really is.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

My group recently came in for a conference, and we had multitudes of problems. The escalators broke down at least once a day, several elevators were broken and were not repaired in the two weeks we were there, and the staff response time was generally poor.

The one bright spot of our two weeks was Sara Marie in the concierge lounge. She handled me and our attendees with enthusiasm, professionalism, and genuine joy for her job. A hotel full of Saras would have made for an amazing time.

The rooms were rather nice, but housekeeping tended to be spotty. A few times, I got a bathmat instead of a towel, and amenities were often not refreshed.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank dblsqz

Hello dbisqz,

We apologize for the issues you experienced with the elevators and escalators during your stay. The elevators and escalators have since been fixed, and we have shared your review with the hotel’s Director of Housekeeping to follow up on the inconveniences with the towels and amenities. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the club lounge and Sara Marie. She is a wonderful employee and her first priority is always guest satisfaction. We invite you to return to the Sheraton Dallas again in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Always bigger in texas....massive room and Great big comfy king bed and good view of the city. Not very close to shopping though abit of a walk...staff were friendly and helpful..good breakfast too......all round good stay..................

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello Tamborinetourists,

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your room, your view, and our friendly team members. If you ever journey back to Dallas, we invite you to stay with us again for another good stay.