“Fine for a night or two, convenient downtown location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Ranked #44 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Houston
“Fine for a night or two, convenient downtown location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed for one night on business. Great location within walking distance of many downtown offices, and short ride to Deep Ellum and museums. All staff was very friendly and attentive. Was in a high room on the northwest corner, and room was quiet and pleasant. Some loose hardward in the bathroom, but didn't cause any problems.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Hello txbride,

We are glad you enjoyed our location, your room, and our friendly team members. We invite you to return for another convenient and enjoyable experience.

Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here while attending a conference. This is an old hotel that is in need of updating. I stayed in a single king room. It was dark, the air conditioner was loud and struggled to keep the room cool (in March), there was no fridge in my room but the bathroom was gross. The toilet looked like something you'd find in a nasty public park. The toilet seat was stained, the shower was rusty and it just felt dirty. The workout facility is pretty nice with lots of cardio machines and weight machines. I'm not excited to be going back in August for another conference. I'm going to see about staying across the street at the Marriott.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kathie3
Hello Kathie3,

We are very sorry to hear that your experience was not great. We would like to get more information from you about your experience so we can investigate the room you stayed in. If you have the opportunity, please email 03207.socialmedia@sheraton.com with your contact information and room number, with a summary of the issues with the room. We will look into all these issues so future guests experiences are not affected. We invite and encourage you to stay with us in August so you can experience the true look and feel of a Sheraton Dallas room.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We were in town for a volleyball tournament and had to stay here. Cons: For the price I paid, I was not that impressed. We did not have a microwave or mini fridge. Pros: The staff was friendly, the breakfast at the Kitchen Table was great. It was close to a DART rail station. The room was always clean and towels well stocked.

If I could have booked on my own and received a better price, it wouldn't have been so bad.

Stayed April 2014
Hello Jolygray,

We apologize that you were not were not impressed. It seems that aside from the microwave and fridge you enjoyed your stay with us. You can have a microwave or refrigerator delivered to your room for the duration of your stay for $20, however these are on a first come first serve basis. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed our friendly team members, the hotel restaurants, and the location. We invite you to return again in the future for an impressive 5-star quality experience.

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I tried to do a formal review through the hotel using my confirmation number and it wouldn't accept it, so I decided to do it here where maybe more people will see it.

We booked this hotel through booking.com (who we will also no longer use) and had multiple problems with our booking through both that company and the hotel itself. I couldn't make my original trip so I rescheduled it, which was a chore and a half as booking.com and the hotel decided to disagree with each other back and forth on approving the rescheduled hotel stay. It was finally approved and when my trip came up, lo and behold, the hotel didn't even have my reservation on file even though booking.com sent me confirmation two months prior. My assistant spent at least an hour on the phone and e-mailng with both companies to get the issue resolved.

In addition to that, we booked a "suite" and they did not provide that for us upon check-in. When they resolved that additional issue, they charged us extra to move us. Unbelievable.

HOTEL CONS:
- Inadequate hot water
- Plastic and paper drinking cups
- No bathrobes
- No mini-bar
- No refrigerator
- Burned out lightbulbs
- Cheap towels
- Horrible AC/Heater - with their "green initiatives" the air was either around 85 degrees or 65 degrees; no in between.

HOTEL PROS:
- Big letters printed on shampoo and lotion bottles

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Hello Robert,

We apologize for the frustrating issues you experienced during your stay and we will be investigating the situation to make sure this booking confusion through Booking.com does happen again. We invite you to return to the Sheraton Dallas in the future. Please reach out to me the next time you book with us and I will personally look into your stay so you won’t have to deal with anything on this list of cons and we can expand this list of pros. You can connect with me directly at ted.lepak@sheraton.com.

Yours in Hospitality,
Franklin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I am in the middle of a 3 day stay and it has been great! I booked this through Priceline and received a great rate. I arrived in town Sunday afternoon several hours before check-in. I decided to call ahead and see if I could check in early. I spoke to Jeanette and she was so very helpful. She said she would do her best to get me right in. She also took all information needed for check-in so when I arrived, not only was my room ready, I just had to show my ID and was handed the key to my room. I stayed in an Executive Suite and it was very roomy. I slept like a baby in the bed. I've eaten at both the Kitchen Table and the Draft as well as room service and all the food was good. I am an SPG member and received extra points for my stay as well as a later check out, free Wi-Fi and free breakfast. As someone who travels a lot for business, I have had a lot of experience with various hotels and I definitely recommend this one.

Room Tip: Executive room was nice. Separate living area with plenty of room to work and relax
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hello Cynthia,

Thank you for sharing your review, and your recommendation with us. We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your sleep in our Sheraton Suite Sleeper bed, your dining experiences with us, and your early check-in and late checkout. We invite you to stay with us the next time you journey to Dallas for another great experience.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

As I write this review I am waiting in the hall waiting for someone to let me in my room. I've been waiting over 20 minutes. Third time in as many days I've had a problem with a room key not working. I've had problems since I walked through the door. The staff here does everything at their leisure. Oh, the elevator door just opened, and there is the guy from engineering... Checking his phone, texting, whatever before he comes to help. I'll never come back here.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Hello Brenda,

We are very sorry for the issues you encountered with your room key, and we are equally disappointed you did not enjoy your experience with us. The engineering team member that left the elevator was probably looking up the room number he was dispatched to. We assure you our guest’s satisfaction is our top priority and we want to make sure your experience is special and memorable. I personally encourage you to stay with us again in the future, and please connect with me when you do so I can make sure your experience is comfortable and convenient.

Yours in Hospitality,
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

I booked the room last minute using Hotwire and got and EXCELLENT rate. At check in I was offered an nicer room in the Center Tower (newer and bigger) for not additional cost. I was also offered late checkout. Since I am a Starwood Preferred Guest I was given a room on the one of the floor reserved for SPGs. I was also given complementary wireless internet. My room on the 26th floor had a nice view. It was very spacious and modern and spotless. If you're arriving by Megabus the hotel is right across the street from the transit center.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Hello Alwaselegant1,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We agree with you that an SPG membership definitely has its benefits and we encourage everyone to have one. We invite you to return to the hotel for another excellent stay at the Sheraton Dallas.