“Average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #44 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
New York City, New York
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

SPG for years they put me in a regular room booked king got 2 queens..nothing special seems to support conventions. Need to stick to Westins in the future ,,...............................................

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Hello dafactsjack,

Our SPG members receive upgrades to the best possible room available. However, during your stay we were at a very high occupancy and oversold on king rooms, so the traditional queen room was all that was available at the time. We apologize for any inconvenience this caused you and we hope you will return again in the future for a comfortable and convenient experience.

Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Warrenton. Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I was speaking at the hotel at a convention and the staff were very accomodating with early check in, a quick early lunch and late departure and other requests that made it very helpful for me to get ready to speak. The food was very artfully done and the service was excellent at both the bar and the restaurant. My room was very comfortable, clean and quiet. The staff were very welcoming and accomodating of requests and also offfering suggestions.

Room Tip: Rooms on top floors have nice view of city lights at night.
Hello Europeatheart,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are very pleased to know you had a friendly and helpful experience with our team members. We hope you will return for another great experienced the next time you journey down to Dallas.

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I travel a lot and generally stay in major brand hotels. My recent experience was substandard for a Sheraton property. Check in was fine but room was in need of repair with wallpaper falling off of the wall. Staff was accommodating but certainly not friendly. Met a friend in the bar near the restaurant for a drink Thursday night and sat and visited for 45 minutes without a single wait staff coming by to take order. I had similar experiences on Sunday for dining in both the restaurant and the sports bar. I requested an hour extension for check out Sunday because I had a late departure and it was denied. In 50+ years and over 2 million miles of travel this is the first time I can recall that I have been turned down for a 1 hour extension. It is my observation that this is a convention hotel that is committed to moving people in and moving people out with no real concern for repeat business or quality hospitality and service. I will stay elsewhere the next time I am in downtown Dallas.

Hello P31202,

We are very sorry about your experience. We care very much about our guest experiences and we sincerely apologize for the delays you experienced while dining with us. Your review has been forwarded to the Director of Food and Beverage and the Restaurant Management team who will be looking into the service delays. We also apologize that we declined your request for a late check-out. Normally we will gladly extend our guest’s check-out, however under times of high occupancy we cannot allow extension because we need to get the room ready for our new arrivals. We invite and encourage you to return to the hotel again in the future for a convenient and comfortable experience.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I am currently staying at the Sheraton Dallas and the hotel is really nothing special. It is a very large hotel that seems to be always busy (great for the business not great for the guest). Have a club level room in the North tower, yet the club is in the center tower, so every time I want to go to the club I need to got to the lobby and switch elevator banks and head all the way back up. When I was checking in and told where everything was I asked if there was anything in the center tower and the automatic response before finishing the sentence was " we're fully booked this will have to do". Why do you need to have club rooms in all of the towers when the club is in only one of them. Wouldn't it make more sense to have all of the club rooms in the same tower as the club? When I ordered room service it took 10 minutes to have someone pick up the phone to take my order, that shouldn't be the case. I have heard rumors that housekeeping doesn't show up until you request it. So this morning I was ready to put out the sign for making up the room, surprise there was none. I hope that my room is made up when I get back! This hotel is also not aging well, doors don't close properly, key card access to the club room only works on repeated attempts. Hopefully this hotel will get it's act together. But I've already changed my reservation for my next trip to Dallas to another hotel in the area.

Room Tip: Center tower if you are looking for a club room.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Hello Seth B,

Unfortunately, when the hotel is fully booked we can’t offer any other room other than what the guest has booked. We apologize for the delay you experienced connecting with room service. Normally our room service team is quick to receive and deliver guest requests. Our housekeeping team cleans every room unless you enroll in the Make a Green Choice program, so you do not need to put a sign on your door to receive a room cleaning. We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay with us, and we hope and encourage you to return to the Sheraton Dallas again in the future for a comfortable and convenient experience.

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I'm a repeat customer of this hotel at least once a year because it has one of the largest convention halls in the city that is owned by the property itself, and not the city of Dallas. A lot of events take place here, and the hotel works well at being a convention destination. They always provide clean rooms, friendly service, and lots of space. Even though there are times where it may take too long to get a request for extra towels, or room service (sometimes we have waited up to 2 hours for food delivery), overall, it's a good hotel.

This is the type of hotel that works for convenience. Located next to the Plaza via a sky bridge (which has had a number of name changes over the years), guests can walk around the city without getting too much of the Texas heat, to find a meal and enjoy the sites. The hotel's restaurant is not a bad option, more of a sports bar feel, but a little bit pricy for a sandwich and fries if you're on a budget.

As a whole, it's a convention hotel. Not the best, but by far not the worse. You're guaranteed clean rooms and fast check in and check outs.

Room Tip: If you're looking for quiet, ask for the Central or West towers. The top floors tend to be reser...
Green Features: It's good to see more hotels joining in on conserving water and electricity.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Hello Valerie,

The majority of the hotel’s guests are business and conference travelers. However, the hotel is well equipped to accommodate all types of guests and we have the best quality service in town to ensure each type of guest has a comfortable and enjoyable experience with us. We apologize for any delays you have experienced with room service in the past, and we invite you to return for another friendly and convenient experience.

Saratoga Springs, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

First....I rarely complain about anything but I am slowly being pushed over the edge. I arrived here Friday, May 2nd. I am on the 25th floor of the North tower. There has been a noise that is evident throughout the 25th floor when you walk off the elevator. It cycles through every few minutes...24 hours a day. If the management was unaware of this issue, they must be deaf. I went to the desk yesterday and requested another room but was told no other rooms is available. I posted a comment on their Facebook site...the company response was that the front desk manager would reach out to me shortly....never happened. I cannot believe they charge $179 a day to listen to their plumbing problem. No one on this floor should be billed to endure this.
Reserve your room in another hotel that cares about their guests concerns and comfort.

Hello Kevin,

Our Director of Front Office connected with you shortly after this review and was able to get you moved to another room that met your specifications. I was the team member who responded to your Facebook posts and we sent several associates to connect with you but we kept missing you. We are very pleased that you were able to be relocated to a quiet and comfortable new room, and we hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I'm currently here for the second time in three years with the Knights of Columbus State Convention. I have also stayed at this hotel in the past (and was happy with the stay), but I'm primarily writing here about the convention.

The convention spaces are ample for a medium-to-large sized convention. The ballroom is well laid-out, and there is a large exhibiting space just outside it. The bathrooms are also well-placed and sufficient in number. The smaller exhibit rooms are easy to find, and well laid-out.

Finally, the staff have been very nice to me both when staying here and when simply attending conventions here. Last time I was here, I was trying to get directions to a restaurant. I didn't have a smartphone at the time, so the concierge printed out a map and directions, and explained exactly how to get there. Given that I wasn't even a guest there, I found this a very good level of service.

While I prefer to stay at the Adolphus or Magnolia when in Dallas, I don't mind staying here at all, and would definitely recommend it s a host hotel to anyone planning a convention or large meeting.

Hello Lju3,

Thank you for sharing your review and for your recommendation. We are pleased to know about your experiences with us, and the level of personal attention you received each time. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Dallas for another enjoyable experience.