“Above & Beyond Customer Service”

Ranked #41 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Methuen, Massachusetts
“Above & Beyond Customer Service”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The hotel is nice, pleasant lobby with places to hang out, easy check in, room clean, bed very comfortable, excellent shower, room service fast, food in the restaurants is good (Luis our server was very helpful with special orders), easy walk to other restaurants, nice gift shop, business center helpful, bell hop, Trey, made great suggestions, concierge Allen was pleasant & efficient.
Now for the above & beyond: 5 of us had checked out & were headed to the airport when a tornado warning occurred so we decided to head back to the hotel - then our flight was cancelled. We all converge on the concierge, Will. He was amazing!!!!! Within 20 minutes he re-book all 5 of us on another flight the next morning and extended our hotel room for another night. He turned an extremely frustrating experience into a pleasant one. The 5 of us hung out at the bar, shared stories and laughs, hooked up with other stranded nurses and had a great evening. We tasted Will for his phenomenal customer service. Sheraton management - thank you for hiring Will.

Room Tip: Do not chose a lower floor room on the side of the train in the North Tower as the train can be loud...
Green Features: Green hotel - if you don't have room cleaned you save $5. They could have use recycling buckets in the lobby.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Hello Nancy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We appreciate your effort to point out our team members by name so we can commend them for their outstanding service. We are very pleased to hear about your experience and that Will was able to take your frustrating experience and make it an enjoyable one. We invite you to stay at the Sheraton Dallas the next time you journey to Dallas.

Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (570)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Plantation FL
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for business. I must say this was one of my best hotel visits in a long time. My opinion is based on three things; coffee availability and quality, the gym, and the breakfast. If you don't care about any of these things you can stop reading. The room coffee and coffee maker were good quality. The coffee was Starbucks of utmost importance to early birds up long before the coffee shops. The gym was amazing! I can't say enough good things about the spacious and well equipped fitness center. Kudos to the manager for not having 'groovy music' playing in the fitness center. Most people use an IPod these days so background music is just annoying. The breakfast buffet was good and the price was reasonable. Hope I have the chance to stay at this property again. Nice location too, near the Arts District.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hello JeannePlantation,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are very pleased that our in-room coffee, fitness center, and breakfast all meet and exceeded your expectations! We invite you to return to the Sheraton Dallas again for another wonderful experience in the future, and if you get the chance we hope you will try our Peets Coffee and Tea by the north entrance of the hotel. It’s a great treat for our coffee lovers.

Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This hotel is located in an area of town not well-populated by restaurants, so if weather is poor, or you don't have a car, you may be stuck with the in-house restaurant. I found the bed too soft, and was without power on my laptop after recharging on an outlet that didn't work. Also, there's a sustainability initiative here ("Make a Green Choice") where you can elect to forgo housekeeping services and receive a discount in the hotel dining room or extra Starwood points. Unfortunately, although I didn't use my do-not-disturb sign to signal the housekeeping staff I didn't want service, they didn't come anyway. Also, the room A/C automatically converts to its default setting after you leave the room (sensor knows you're there), so plan on re-setting every time you return. Refrig is not standard; available for extra $20. Free Internet in room, but service in adjacent conference area is $25/day. Fitness room has plenty of machines, but one TV in each room, located at a right angle to the machines, so schedule a massage after your workout to work out the kinks from craning your neck to see the screen. Quite rooms, helpful desk staff.

Green Features: Make a Greener Choice is a good idea, but needs some work in implementation.
Hello hearingsaver,

There are many dining options in the area and if the weather is poor or you don’t have a car, you can always take the skybridge to the Plaza of the Americas for a large variety of dining options. We invite you to return to the hotel again in the future for another comfortable and special experience.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

SPG for years they put me in a regular room booked king got 2 queens..nothing special seems to support conventions. Need to stick to Westins in the future ,,...............................................

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Hello dafactsjack,

Our SPG members receive upgrades to the best possible room available. However, during your stay we were at a very high occupancy and oversold on king rooms, so the traditional queen room was all that was available at the time. We apologize for any inconvenience this caused you and we hope you will return again in the future for a comfortable and convenient experience.

Warrenton. Virginia
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I was speaking at the hotel at a convention and the staff were very accomodating with early check in, a quick early lunch and late departure and other requests that made it very helpful for me to get ready to speak. The food was very artfully done and the service was excellent at both the bar and the restaurant. My room was very comfortable, clean and quiet. The staff were very welcoming and accomodating of requests and also offfering suggestions.

Room Tip: Rooms on top floors have nice view of city lights at night.
Hello Europeatheart,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are very pleased to know you had a friendly and helpful experience with our team members. We hope you will return for another great experienced the next time you journey down to Dallas.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I travel a lot and generally stay in major brand hotels. My recent experience was substandard for a Sheraton property. Check in was fine but room was in need of repair with wallpaper falling off of the wall. Staff was accommodating but certainly not friendly. Met a friend in the bar near the restaurant for a drink Thursday night and sat and visited for 45 minutes without a single wait staff coming by to take order. I had similar experiences on Sunday for dining in both the restaurant and the sports bar. I requested an hour extension for check out Sunday because I had a late departure and it was denied. In 50+ years and over 2 million miles of travel this is the first time I can recall that I have been turned down for a 1 hour extension. It is my observation that this is a convention hotel that is committed to moving people in and moving people out with no real concern for repeat business or quality hospitality and service. I will stay elsewhere the next time I am in downtown Dallas.

Hello P31202,

We are very sorry about your experience. We care very much about our guest experiences and we sincerely apologize for the delays you experienced while dining with us. Your review has been forwarded to the Director of Food and Beverage and the Restaurant Management team who will be looking into the service delays. We also apologize that we declined your request for a late check-out. Normally we will gladly extend our guest’s check-out, however under times of high occupancy we cannot allow extension because we need to get the room ready for our new arrivals. We invite and encourage you to return to the hotel again in the future for a convenient and comfortable experience.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I am currently staying at the Sheraton Dallas and the hotel is really nothing special. It is a very large hotel that seems to be always busy (great for the business not great for the guest). Have a club level room in the North tower, yet the club is in the center tower, so every time I want to go to the club I need to got to the lobby and switch elevator banks and head all the way back up. When I was checking in and told where everything was I asked if there was anything in the center tower and the automatic response before finishing the sentence was " we're fully booked this will have to do". Why do you need to have club rooms in all of the towers when the club is in only one of them. Wouldn't it make more sense to have all of the club rooms in the same tower as the club? When I ordered room service it took 10 minutes to have someone pick up the phone to take my order, that shouldn't be the case. I have heard rumors that housekeeping doesn't show up until you request it. So this morning I was ready to put out the sign for making up the room, surprise there was none. I hope that my room is made up when I get back! This hotel is also not aging well, doors don't close properly, key card access to the club room only works on repeated attempts. Hopefully this hotel will get it's act together. But I've already changed my reservation for my next trip to Dallas to another hotel in the area.

Room Tip: Center tower if you are looking for a club room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Hello Seth B,

Unfortunately, when the hotel is fully booked we can’t offer any other room other than what the guest has booked. We apologize for the delay you experienced connecting with room service. Normally our room service team is quick to receive and deliver guest requests. Our housekeeping team cleans every room unless you enroll in the Make a Green Choice program, so you do not need to put a sign on your door to receive a room cleaning. We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay with us, and we hope and encourage you to return to the Sheraton Dallas again in the future for a comfortable and convenient experience.