“Nothing Fancy But Nice” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #45 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Madison, Alabama
“Nothing Fancy But Nice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is a pretty standard location for a downtown hotel. As usual, for a downtown hotel you get nothing extra (breakfast, etc.) and have to pay for parking. One great feature for parking though is that the parking deck is accross the street and bridges to the hotel. Self parking is easy and better than valet. Access to the train system is very close to the hotel and there are many restaurants within walking distance. Overall, not a bad place to stay.

Cleanliness
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hello Julian173,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your review with us. We invite you to stay with us again the next time you journey down to Dallas for another nice experience.

Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Grand Haven, Mi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I don't always have the opportunity to stay at SPG hotels in my business travels due to their smaller footprint, but when I do, I am mostly pleased.

The Sheraton Dallas is a pretty decent full service hotel. Room service, two restaurants in the lobby, great workout facility on the fourth floor, and outdoor pool with cabanas.

Internet, parking, and breakfast will not be included unless otherwise stated in your rate, or given through SPG membership.

My first stay at the hotel also happened to coincide with a large conference. The hotel was bursting at the seams it would appear. Very busy during that trip. My first room had pretty crazy plumbing noises - and I requested a different room. I was given an upgrade, and the upgraded room had some problems with it. Lights out, faucet issue, etc. I called in to have it repaired, and although it would take multiple repairs to get it mostly fixed - it wasn't resolved entirely.

The hotel reached out and worked to resolve the issues. This hotel is large, and I could see it being challenging for hotel maintenance to ensure every this or that is in perfect working order. So I give them the benefit of the doubt, as they certainly have multiple maintenance techs working to try and fix any issues that do arise.

The room is outfitted quite nicely. For a business traveler, all I could ask for is a fridge being a standard room amenity. Even if this were a leisure option, I would definitely consider it.

And most importantly, bed sheets are decent, toilet paper is alright, and pillows are suitable. I am not sure if they have a pillow menu, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Room Tip: This hotel has rooms with better views of skyscrapers, or the greater Dallas metro area. If plumbing...
Green Features: This hotel participates in the SPG make a green choice program where you can opt out of having your room cleaned. The hotel also has a smart thermostat that reduces the HVAC consumption when you are not in the room.
Hello factory81,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. We are pleased to know that both your stays were enjoyable and we apologize for the plumbing issues and repairs you encountered. We do offer refrigerators for $20/stay on a first-come, first-serve basis. We also offer foam pillows free of charge if you prefer those compared to our standard pillows. We invite you to return for a third time and another enjoyable experience.

New York, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a conference. I didn't know that there was a $19 shuttle that services the hotel when I got into Dallas, but it was good to know for when I returned to the airport. The room was totally fine, nothing amazing, but nothing bad either. I appreciated that they have a "green" option and they reward you with $5 off hotel food or 500 SPG points. However, when I utilized it, I still checked for them to clean out the trash cans in my room and that was not done when I returned to the room later that afternoon.

Location-wise it's close to museums, the symphony, and a nice park with areas for kids to cool down with water fountains. Also two blocks from a one of the DART stations. Hotel also has a pretty decent sports bar, which was great to watch the World Cup.

I would stay at the hotel again.

Room Tip: I was high up in the Central tower, which was good as there was no noise.
Green Features: Love that there is the option to not have your room cleaned and that you get rewarded for it, but when I check "clean out the garbage" I expect the garbage to be cleaned out and it was not so old food was left in my room.
Hello OurGalVal,

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your experience and we apologize for the mix up with the Make a Green Choice program. We invite you to stay with us again the next time you journey down to Dallas to enjoy another great stay.

Panama City, Panama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I travel to Dallas twice a year for business and decided too stay at the Sheraton for the first time in four years. I only stayed once before and was not happy , but being and SPG Gold member, decided to give this hotel another chance. It started off well enough. My wife and I parked the car in the underground parking facility and proceeded to the registration desk. We were upgraded to the Executive suite in the North Tower, which was quite welcomed. The Suite consists of two rooms; upon entry there is the executive room and then the bedroom. Both with independent thermostats. The thermostat in the executive room can be adjusted but A/C stays at SUPER COLD. In the bedroom the A/C works perfectly. We stayed for five nights and one day the housekeeping staff neglected all the bathroom towels and amenities. They were sent up promptly after a call was made. The thing that was absolutely unacceptable was exiting the parking garage. The electronic key system upon exit was under repair for the duration of our stay and we were held up on two occasion by 20 minutes trying to leave. The intercom at the exit point did not work either. The only way we were able to leave was if we got lucky and a valet saw us waiting. We were late for two dinner meetings because of that. It felt like we were being held hostage! I must say, and that the best part of the hotel is the gym and pool facilities. The gym is huge and is the best equipped hotel gym I have ever seen or used. On our last night in Dallas, we ordered room service, and what we received.... was mediocre at best and what should have been cold was room temperature and what should have been hot was also room temperature.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ldfalco
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Hello idfalco,

We are very sorry for the issues you experienced with the parking garage gate and the air conditioning. We also apologize that your room service order was unsatisfying. We invite you to return again in the future and to connect with me directly at ted.lepak@sheraton.com and I will personally make sure your experience is wonderful.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

My friends and I attended a conference at the Sheraton for 3 days. I didn't stay at the hotel since I live in the Dallas area. I am a new mother and was needing to find a place where I could go for particular accommodations. I went to the concierge and talked to a wonderful person named Dominique. She was so friendly and helpful that she talked to her manager and was able to help me out by offering me a hotel room free of charge so that I could use it during my time there. Another gentleman named Trey was also able to assist me when Dominique wasn't there. He had the most sparkling personality. They both were giving me wonderful customer service and I will recommend this hotel to anyone I know due to my experience there. I will never forget their generosity and appreciate it whole heartily.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hello Christine P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are pleased to know that you received excellent care from our concierge and front desk team. We have shared your review with the Director of Front office and we will make sure that both Dominique and Trey are commended for taking care of you. Even though you live in town, we invite you to return if you ever have the opportunity to enjoy a wonderful experience.

Maplewood, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I want to commend the following people at the Sheraton downtown Dallas for going above and beyond with their customer service. first James in Billing for responding to my inquiry fast and professionally he was a huge help in my preplanning. At the front desk Patrick who assisted me at check in after I had spent all day dealing with travel/weather delays it was good to see a friendly face at 1am. Also at the front desk Rachael who was able to assist me with a issue with my bank back home. I also want to mention Katie Pacheco who worked with me over a two day period to help clear up a banking issue with my home bank. Katie was a true professional and I was so glad she was there to help. All of you (Patrick, Rachael, James and Katie) did a fantastic job I can't wait to come back and visit with you all again.

Hello Gregory E,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. Our team members work very hard to make this a wonderful place to stay and we thank you for taking the time to recognize them all in this review. We will make sure they are commended for their outstanding service and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Dallas again soon.

Jackson, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Let me begin by saying everyone was kind and helpful and it is a 4-5 Star hotel, therefore this should be the expectation. The rooms were nice and clean - there were 6 of us and each room was quite different. My room was HUGE- did I mention it was HUGE (room 1287). I was upgraded to a suite, and it was huge...but oddly enough, no fridge or microwave. I was very surprised. There were wonderful amenities in the room- 2 free bottles of water, shower gel, a loofa scrub, shave cream, etc. Lots of towels.... The beds slept really well, too. My room was right outside of the ice/vending area, so I went to get a drink and to my surprise it required a credit or debit card- but that did not work, therefore just ice water that night. There was a flashing light that said cash only, but then would not take my cash either. :-(. In the morning three out of the four elevators did not work! Needless to say, this created quite a stir for all of the hundreds who were depending on elevators to get to morning meetings, etc.

Overall, I give this hotel a 4 rating; Beautiful, but not within walking distance to much, only one small gift shop, offers a bar & grill with good food also a coffee shop and higher end restaurant. When considering that you will be in lockdown while here (nothing nearby) I would have liked to be be offered more...no souvenirs for the grand babies from this trip. In other words, more opportunities would have been nice.

Room Tip: Room 1287 can sleep a large family comfortably- 2 queen beds a sectional sofa and lots of floor room...
Hello Ilovetopraise,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your room, however we do apologize for the issues you experienced with the elevators and with the vending machine. There are some good food and souvenir options at the Plaza of the Americas which are connected to the hotel’s north tower second floor via the sky bridge. You can rent both microwaves and refrigerators for $20/stay. We invite you to return to the hotel again the next time you journey down to Dallas.