“Nice hotel”

Ranked #39 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I've stayed here several times over the past couple months. The rooms are nice, I always request the upper floors because I love the views! The beds are nice and soft. Bathroom is always clean and the toiletries are top notch.

My only complaint is that there's not much to do right around the hotel. The only fun thing I've found is to walk a couple blocks, catch the trolley to take you to West Village where there's good food and a little shopping. The trolley is free and you can jump off at any point in the ride.... well, as long as it's stopped :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Kathy O
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Hello Kathy O,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. There are many things to do in the area. Both Deep Ellum and McKinney Avenue have good food and nightlife. If you’re looking for shopping you can visit Neiman Marcus just two blocks away or you can take the DART to North Park Mall. Ask our concierge for suggestion the next time you journey to Dallas, or you can email me directly at ted.lepak@sheraton.com.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The location is perfect, nice area. Rooms are big, beds are very confortable. Gym is great, lots of fitness equipment.

Breakfast buffet is expensive for what its offers.

I was in a business trip so my company paid for the room. For the price paid it is not worth it. It si overrated.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Worldmatka

Hello Worldmatka,

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed our Sheraton Fitness Center and our Sheraton Suite Sleeper beds. However, we are very disappointed that you didn’t think your experience was worth the price and you didn’t find the service to your standards. If you have the opportunity, please email 03207.socialmedia@sheraton.com and let us know why you found the service to be overrated. Your feedback will help us improve our future guest’s experience.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My rating is based on the fact that this is a Sheraton, which is supposed to be a 5 start hotel.

CONS
--There was hair around the corned of the tub and around the sink faucet.
--Perhaps the worst part about this hotel is that it is divided up into a bunch of different segments, and you can't access them without going back to one of the main floors. So I was in tower 4 East and so only one of the 6-8 sets of elevators went to my floor. I regularly had to walk across the entire hotel several times to get to and from where I needed to go.
--No breakfast, which is common at expensive hotels, but the one morning I ate breakfast in the restaurant, they were slow, my food was cold, and it wasn't very good. I expect better for a $25 breakfast!
--All food in the hotel is SUPER expensive ($2.90 for a package of M&Ms! $5 for a pre-packed Hostess snack cake!) but there are no convenient restaurants or fast food places around.

PROS
--The in-room coffee is great. Well insulated cups with Starbucks single-serve packets and Tazo teas.
--The beds are comfortable and mine was clean, four pillows per bed.
--The rooms were HUUUUUUGE!
--GREAT fitness center, with single-pivot machines, free weights, a squat rack, tons of cardio machines, and a yoga/stretching area. That was a highlight for me! The pool was nice, too.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Hello Mystic8,

We appreciate you taking the time to share this list with us and we apologize for the cons you experienced during your stay. We invite you to return to the hotel again in the future so that you can experience the 5-star quality experience you deserve.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Aaron was my bartender tonight and I would be remiss not to mention what a great job he's done. He is being mindful of all patrons, making sure that no one is wanting for a bite to eat, an extra drink, etc. He's also a really nice and cool guy. Dallas could use more bartenders like Aaron.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Hello jon w,

We appreciate you taking the time to point out Aaron’s superb service! We agreed that Aaron is one of the best and hope the next time you’re in Dallas you will come visit us for another great experience at Draft Media Sports Lounge and the Sheraton Dallas.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was expecting more from a $200+ a night hotel.
The room was clean. The beds were comfortable.
The shower had horrible water pressure. The tub had poor drainage. If I wanted to bathe in my own dirt (or stand in six inches of it) I would take a bath rather than shower.
The value for money was my least favorite part. At the price I don't believe I should have to pay for parking AND internet AND a fridge (if they have any available to bring to your room).
The service was good. Easy check in and quick (but not accurate) replies to phone requests. On one occasion I asked for more coffee and was given decaf. I don't know many people who prefer decaf unless they specifically ask, which I did not. I would have understood more if I had been given both decaf and regular. On another call I asked for four packets of regular coffee and was given three. Both errors small but added to the experience in a negative way. When they called to check that I received my order there was an apology for the error which improved my reaction.
Overall, I maybe would stay here again. I would check out nearby properties first however.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Hello Leslie G,

We apologize for the issues you experienced with the shower and your coffee. If you do journey back down to Dallas in the future, we invite you to stay at the Sheraton Dallas again and I encourage you to connect with me directly at ted.lepak@sheraton.com so I can personally make sure your next experience with us is fantastic.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed with my family for a long weekend. Close to affordable dining options and easy access to all areas of DFW. Enjoyed watching the USA Soccer Team play in the FIFA Cup, great food and amazing viewing on the many TV's... the burger is a real winner!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hello KimaSmith,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are pleased to know that you, and your family, enjoyed our location and had a great time at Draft Media Sports Lounge. We invite you to return to the hotel again in the future for another enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is a pretty standard location for a downtown hotel. As usual, for a downtown hotel you get nothing extra (breakfast, etc.) and have to pay for parking. One great feature for parking though is that the parking deck is accross the street and bridges to the hotel. Self parking is easy and better than valet. Access to the train system is very close to the hotel and there are many restaurants within walking distance. Overall, not a bad place to stay.

Hello Julian173,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your review with us. We invite you to stay with us again the next time you journey down to Dallas for another nice experience.