“Very Nice”

Ranked #39 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed here for a conference. The overall experience was great. My kids loved the pool! It was nice that the pool was in the shade in the late afternoon; however it made it a little chilly. We received free parking but our room key would not work upon exiting the parking garage. We had to use the intercom in order for someone to let us out! We were also told we would receive free WiFi usage for being with the conference, but upon receiving my final "folio" via email it showed an extra $51 charge. When I called the hotel to inquire about the extra charges I was told it was for "incidentals" and that my card would be credited within 5-7 business days! What? I told the girl I would be calling back in 5-7 days if the credit is not shown. Not sure what the "incidentals" were. We did not drink the 2 bottled waters in our room, our internet should have been free and we even declined housekeeping as part of their "go green" campaign. We did find a half eaten piece of cheesecake in our fridge that housekeeping overlooked when we checked in. Overall everything else was good including the conference center.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Hello candjlindsey,

We do place an incidentals hold on your card but the money should have been refunded to your account at this point. If the money hasn’t been returned to your account, please email 03207.socialmedia@sheraton.com or call (214)922-0377 and we will have the issue taken care of immediately. We apologize for the food that was overlooked in the refrigerator, and we invite you to return for another great experience at the Sheraton Dallas.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I knew that my stay was going to be good as I know the brand. Besides it is centrally located with good outlets and facilities. So I had no bad expectations.

After I was told that I had free breakfast and access to the club lounge at check I, my evening got better. After I got to my room, I called the operation to find out the hours of operations. Verna shaw answered very politely but at the same time confused to my question. After a few minutes on hold, she found out that I was misinformed. I was disappointed but didn't even try to find out why however Verna felt bad and quickly offered me breakfast by signing me up to the SPg program.

She had delivered a coupon that I used at the kitchen table restaurant which was a very elegant set up for a breakfast. The food actually flow with me getting the items I needed. Fresh made omelettes included!!! Thank you Verna for going above and beyond without me even asking!!! What a way to exceed expectations.

The staff was very polite and friendly. The hotel is sort of like a an open concept house. Only had walls for restaurant and stores in the lobby area. The elevators are sort of confusing but once you get the hang of it - somewhat easy to navigate. The pool is located right through the ample fitness center. The pool is relatively small for the size for the hotel in my opinion.

The room is cozy with good lighting and the bathroom is spacious, thank god!!! There are outlets everywhere! Very comfortable pillows and duvet. One free water bottle and the 2nd one you have to purchase.

Great stay and thank you again for the services.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CecibelB
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Hello Cecibel8,

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed a great stay with us and we appreciate you taking the time to share your review and pictures. We invite you to return to the hotel again in the future, for another wonderful experience.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is a massive place, typical of a beautiful, high rise, downtown hotel. Every service is available - for a cost, of course. A large, impressive check-in area with friendly staff is your first view. This hotel is connected to the convention center and to the Plaza of the Americas by covered, climate-controlled walkways over the streets. The elevators are constructed so that one set takes you only to the upper floors, and the other set services only the lower levels.

What we liked:
1. Very low wait time for elevators, especially given that this is a large hotel.
2. The rooms were very nice and clean.
3. The beds were very comfortable!
4. This is super-convenient to the convention center, which is why we were there.
5. We liked the convenient and safe walkways between the hotel and the convention center, and also over to the Plaza, since that's where the great restaurants are.
6. The in-room coffee was superb! Much better than average.
7. For any meals late at night, there is at least the availability of the main restaurant and the sports bar in the hotel.
8. The view from our window was impressive!

What we didn't like:
1. Everything costs! Example - Internet is $14.95 per day! Come on!! (Fortunately, mine was provided for me by the convention folks.)
2. Running the hot water in the shower produced a very loud sound in the walls, like a loud motor running. As it turns out, our room was not unique. Others experience the same thing, and it's a problem they are apparently trying to look into.
3. There was an iron, but no ironing board. We had to call down to get one. To their credit, they did bring it right away, but the front desk person seemed surprised that someone would even want one.
4. There was only one washcloth in the bathroom. Again, to their credit, they brought extras right away.
5. The towels seemed old and dingy, not white and clean like most upper class hotels.
6. The bedspread did not appear clean. There even seemed to be make-up on the upper corner of it. That's gross! Come on, this is a fancy place....
7. The shower was very slippery. We also had to order a rubberized bath mat (again, this was brought right away, at the same time as the other items we needed).
8. While it's nice to have an on-site restaurant, be prepared to pay!

All in all, a very nice place, but I gave it only three stars because it's a Sheraton. They could do better....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Hello PANeddie,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thorough review with us. We apologize for the issues you experienced with the things you didn’t like, especially for the issue you had with the bed spread. These few small things added up and we apologize that they affected your overall experience with us. We invite you to return to the hotel again in the future, so you can experience the five-star quality experience you deserve.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The Sheraton Dallas on Olive is number one. It all starts at the top and Mark and his team created exceptional memories for my family and I as I celebrated my most recent birthday from pre arrival to the time we checked out everything was right on target from reservations, front desk, concierge, valet and club lounge. Ron and his team in club was the icing on the cake as once the found out it was my birthday, he was sure to tell everyone and we were treated like royalty. Ron in club is for sure a keeper. Thank You Ron and Mark!!!!!

Room Tip: Great location and very close to JFK memorial and cable car to take you to restaurants and shops
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your review and letting everyone know that we are number one! Mark and Ron work very hard to make sure you have a wonderful and memorable experience with us, and we are pleased to know you received royalty-like service during your stay. We invite you to return to the hotel again in the future for another great stay.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Usually stay at this hotel for business, this time brought my kids. If you are SPG Gold or above, ask to stay in Center Tower so you can easily access the Lounge. Lounge has good breakfast selection and DELIGHTFUL employees like Sonya Moch to start your day off right.

Disappointed, because hotel's WIFI did not work.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Maanchezbrown
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Hello Maanchezbrown,

Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize that you had issues with the WiFi during your last stay and we invite you to stay with us again for another enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I've stayed here several times over the past couple months. The rooms are nice, I always request the upper floors because I love the views! The beds are nice and soft. Bathroom is always clean and the toiletries are top notch.

My only complaint is that there's not much to do right around the hotel. The only fun thing I've found is to walk a couple blocks, catch the trolley to take you to West Village where there's good food and a little shopping. The trolley is free and you can jump off at any point in the ride.... well, as long as it's stopped :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Kathy O

Hello Kathy O,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. There are many things to do in the area. Both Deep Ellum and McKinney Avenue have good food and nightlife. If you’re looking for shopping you can visit Neiman Marcus just two blocks away or you can take the DART to North Park Mall. Ask our concierge for suggestion the next time you journey to Dallas, or you can email me directly at ted.lepak@sheraton.com.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The location is perfect, nice area. Rooms are big, beds are very confortable. Gym is great, lots of fitness equipment.

Breakfast buffet is expensive for what its offers.

I was in a business trip so my company paid for the room. For the price paid it is not worth it. It si overrated.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Worldmatka

Hello Worldmatka,

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed our Sheraton Fitness Center and our Sheraton Suite Sleeper beds. However, we are very disappointed that you didn’t think your experience was worth the price and you didn’t find the service to your standards. If you have the opportunity, please email 03207.socialmedia@sheraton.com and let us know why you found the service to be overrated. Your feedback will help us improve our future guest’s experience.