“huge suite!!!!”

Ranked #42 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
San Antonio, Texas
“huge suite!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

huge executive suite, way bigger than at any other hotel, great location within walking distance to several good restaurants an also right next to the train station, so far all employees have been very attentive, the entrance by the cancer survivors park needs more lightning or a security guard.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Hello chepoaqp,

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have a security team that patrols the hotel at all times and the doors for the North entrance are locked at night. We invite you to return to the hotel for another great experience the next time you journey to Dallas.

Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (558)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stayed at the Sheraton Dallas with my wife. Although it is an old property, with some renovation, we discovered that the only KING beds are in the north tower - club level is in centre tower, but only double rooms. South Tower is not yet renovated. We finally reached our room, but it was small- reminded us of New York City hotels. To get to the club, we had to go down 27 floors,walk over to center tower and go up another 27 floors - not worth it. We instead had to purchase snacks($4.00 for cheese crackers - room service would have been $28 for a turkey club sandwich!) VALET SERVICE was horrible - no answer for advance notice, even the hotel operator couldn't reach them - when I arrived downstairs, they couldn't find the keys - was late to my meeting - but they didn't care - for $29 a night, they SHOULD care.

I reported my dissatisfaction and asked them to alert the manager, but I never heard back from anyone(still haven't)! Every time we walked through the lobby, most of the staff and personnel were just have hanging out and having a good time - no one seemed to be doing anything - I felt that perhaps some should have been reassigned to answering the Valet Phone.

So we paid for a room that was very inconvenient, way overpriced and management that was non-responsive.

In my opinon, there are too many wonderful hotels in downtown Dallas to waste a night at a hotel that is overpriced, inconvenient on many levels and non-responsive to issues.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hello TexasTravelAgent_12,

We apologize for the issues you experienced with the valet. We have alerted the Towne Park manager to your review and he would like to connect with you if you have the opportunity. Please email your contact information to 03207.socialmedia@sheraton.com and we will reach out to you. We invite, and encourage you to return to the Sheraton Dallas again in the future. If you book a return visit, please connect with me directly and we will find the best available room for you so you can enjoy your experience with us to the fullest.

Bowie, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Found some big roach in my room. The persons at the desk didn't seem to concerned about it. Something about it being a water bug and it is normal this time of year. Maybe so, but felt they should have been a bit more concerned.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Hello Redneckatheart,

The Sheraton Dallas takes any and all pest complaints seriously, however we do apologize if the response came across in an unconcerned manner. We have a policy to log these pest complaints and have Orkin come check and exterminate the problem. We invite you to return in the future for a comfortable, clean, and bug-free experience.

LUBBOCK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Quick check in very friendly & helpful staff.Room was large clean super comfortable beds.Attended a conference so was here all week.Valet guys were very helpful & went out of their way to help my mother who was in a wheelchair.Drew Hill & Erick Shelby would run to get our car & help her get out & put wheelchair in back.They were extremely patient with her & nice.Please give them a huge raise.It is not just a job for them like it is for the other guy's working the valet.Pillows &towels could be replaced.Other than that a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hello Nativetexanlubbock,

We are pleased to know that you had an excellent experience with us and we invite you to return to the hotel again in the future for another excellent experience.

Rowlett, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I want to start off by saying I was very apprehensive about this hotel, as there was a convention in town, and in the past with the Hilton I've had horrible experiences when conventions are at the hotels, just because they teach their guests like absolute trash normally.

All of my apprehensions were quickly put to rest by the amazing young woman checking me in, Elly [or Ellie I'm not quite sure the spelling] She was absolutely wonderful, quick to help me feel like I was at the right hotel and that I had nothing to worry about.

My only issue I really had all weekend was that late saturday afternoon my condition rendered me unable to walk on my own, and the hotel didn't have any wheelchairs available, or extra pillows.

Guest services was once again excellent here, the young woman I spoke with, Keeley I believe, had them send up an extra blanket or to that I was able to use to help elevate my leg, and continued to check throughout the evening to see if a wheelchair was returned for me.

I am very grateful that the Sheraton didn't shove their guests aside just because of the convention kids were making messes and being unbearable, and they were very very very quick to give me anything I needed and accommodate to me.

I will definitely be returning in the future.

I put noise level as quiet, because despite them being incredibly busy, I never did hear a peep when I was in my room.

Room Tip: If you're not a starwood preferred guest, it's very worth it to sign up. Do not be shy to as...
Green Features: I love the option to decline room service for the 5 dollar vouchers
1 Thank Andrea P
Hello Andrea,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are pleased to know that your experience from check-in to check-out was amazing. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

Corvallis, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is a conference hotel, and the staff knows how to handle a conference! My check-in was perfect, and I think was the fastest check-in I've had at a hotel. My 6th floor room was the type I requested, and was spacious & clean. The bed was firm, but very comfortable, and all the items in the room functioned properly. Nice TV, also had an iron/ironing board, hair dryer, makeup mirror, lots of power outlets for charging electronics, and an electronic safe. The conference food was excellent, and there were little touches all around the hotel, such as directional signs, which let you know they were prepared to handle large numbers of guests. I didn't use the Wi-Fi because they wanted 15 bucks a day to access it. The only real negative was the temperature, it was cold all the time in my room and conference areas - it was 100 degrees outside & felt like 65 inside. I turned off the AC in my room & then it was OK, but people were wearing jackets in the hotel when it was seriously hot outside. Overall, I'm satisfied with my stay & would happily stay at this hotel again.

Green Features: Hotel offered recycle / trash receptacles in the room.
Hello OregonOpus,

Thank you for sharing your review and the nice photos you shared with us. We love it when our guests share photos of the hotel! We apologize for the cold conference rooms. We constantly check with the groups meeting planners to make sure the conference room temperatures are okay. In the future please connect with the event planner and let them know so we can adjust the temperature. We invite you to return to the Sheraton Dallas again in the future for another enjoyable conference experience.

Edmond, OK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

The online pictures look very glamorous compared to what it really looks like. The exterior of the building looks very tired and very 70s, which is not at all what it looks like in the online photos. The rooms you can tell are very old, but because of the renovation, they look very nice, with several still missed details. For example, the air intake in the middle of the room ceiling that was covered in brown rust, which I would think would be part of normal building management and maintenance. Also, several old elevators that shook once when we were on them. The lobby is very impressive and grand. The coffee shop looked very neat and I was impressed by that. I was not impressed by the friendliness of the staff, but an animé conference was being held at the same time, so they were probably at their wits end. For example, the concierge told me that I could come down and get a written list, immediately, after asking a question, rather than personalizing her recommendation of where to go or just telling me on the phone. If I wanted a list, I'd have Googled my question and gotten a list. The beds in the rooms were extremely comfortable. Upon check-in, I asked if any downtown views were available. The person was not very friendly and told me that all they had was a highway view. I asked again if there was any chance of a downtown view and she said, we have a "city view." Which I would equivocate with what I was just asking in my previous question. She just seemed kind of antagonistic. I would not stay here again. It just seemed like it was an old building, perhaps a trained staff that needed a good refresher course, and that all of the visual/aged shortcomings of the building were trying to be disguised by new visual add-ons here and there, but that the renovation was not very thorough.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Hello mpr628,

We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay with us. We invite you to return to the hotel again in the future and see what the hotel truly has to offer.