“As you'd expect - Breakfast and more !”
Review of The Egg & I

The Egg & I
Ranked #306 of 3,601 Restaurants in Dallas
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Addison, Texas
“As you'd expect - Breakfast and more !”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Any restaurant that serves breakfast late rates high in my book. The food and service were good. My only 'issue' was allowing dogs on the patio. I realize I am in the minority in Texas by not having a dog, however, when I go for a meal, I expect to be able to sit at my table without have a dog bothering me. Although he was on a leash, he could easily reach my leg and wait for scraps.

I would still go back and give it another shot due to the quality of food.

• Visited February 2013

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good breakfast”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Ordered the Vera Cruz Chicken and Avocado omelette. It was a good, low calorie option. Came with side of English muffin and fruit. It was tasty. I'd personally like more chicken but my preference is always more meat.
Our server was nice and friendly. The food came out relatively quick. The restaurant itself is your typical breakfast place. Nothing fancy- clean and open, no complaints. Price-wise, it was good. Food, coffee, and tip came to $15.

Visited August 2013
Lewisville, Texas
“O.K. food and service”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This an o.k. place to have breakfast. The food and service were of average quality for a breakfast place and not as good as several other breakfast places I prefer in DFW. My egg white ommlette was good as was the toast and fruit cup. My wife didn't care for her pancake. I also didn't like that there was no "side order" options on the menu - as there are at other breakfast places - to order a side of potatoes, bacon, etc. Finally, it seemed a bit expensive for what was offered.

• Visited September 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Breakfast and/or Lunch served your way”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I like nothing better than having Breakfast for any meal of the day. Unfortunately, they are only open until 6a to 2p on Weekdays and 6a to 2:30p on Weekends. That's still plenty of time to beat a path to this family friendly restaurant and enjoy their wonderful food and service.
They also offer Soup, Salads and Sandwiches for those more traditional persons.
We get here probably once or twice a week. Their daily specials are inventive and delicious.
You don't even have to 'settle' with the usual, but can if so desired.
You owe it to yourself to give them a try.
Juli Erickson

• Visited August 2013
Newnan, Georgia
“Breakfast”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

The food and service were great, the prices about average. Would definitely eat here again when in Dallas.

Visited July 2013