“Most Incredible Room/Hotel in Dallas!”
Review of The Adolphus

The Adolphus
Ranked #19 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
Dallas, Texas
“Most Incredible Room/Hotel in Dallas!”
Reviewed 26 May 2011

My husband and I were married 2 years ago at the Adolphus and have made it a tradition to stay here every year on our anniversary. This year we decided to upgrade to one of the larger suites and were VERY pleasantly surprised.

Check in was a pleasant process as they seemed genuinely happy that we were staying there. The hotel provided us with a kind note congratulating us on our anniversary and welcoming us to the hotel.

We made our way up to the 10th floor (1030 was the suite number) and were in (pleasant) disbelief when we walked into the room. I tried to take as many pictures as I could, so it might be easier to look at those rather than me going into detail about each room. A couple of things to point out though is that there is a full kitchen and a pool table, and the balcony is HUGE and overlooks downtown. If I remember correctly, when I made the reservation they stated that this is the only room that is modern. The other rooms are very traditional (but still gorgeous!).

We ate dinner at the French Room and weren't disappointed. The service was spectacular and the food was exquisite. I also highly recommend the Rodeo Bar for a lighter meal. Fun atmosphere and very reasonably priced food.

All in all, this is a wonderful hotel that I would recommend over and over again. Do not hesitate to stay here :)

Room Tip: Get room 1030, you won't regret it!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank seb02a

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (547)
Reviewed 25 May 2011

They treated us like royalty without paying royalty prices. It was an awesome experience!!

• Stayed May 2011
8 Thank maryellen1980
illinois
Reviewed 24 May 2011

Friends and I (in separate rooms) had lots of complaints and problems with service. Our rooms looked into a tiny, dark inner space surrounded on 4 sides by hotel walls. When I complained, I was moved to another room with the same dark non-view, while others in our group had normal, outside rooms. At check-in I should have received info related to my tour, but I had to ask for it when I realized others had a tour document. Mine was misfiled so I would't have gotten it without asking.
Light bulbs were missing or very low power, so I had to move a chair next to a lamp to read. the first day, my room was never serviced, although I'd removed the 'do not disturb' sign by 9:30 am. On 3 of 5 mornings, my dirty coffee pot, cup, and used coffee service weren't cleaned or replaced. One evening, it took 30 minutes and 3 calls to get this taken care of at 5:30 pm.
The so-called concierge desk had no prepared lists of nearby churches and seemed to be just another bellman desk, not a concierge. Several people had problems at checkout with overcharges for add-ons to a "complimentary" continental breakfast. One evening I listened to a dog barking after 10 pm. Pet friendly is fine---but not near my room, please.
Free in-room wifi was a plus--so why did the business center PCs have usage charges? Access to a room fridge was very helpful. The bldg and decor were lovely, but mgmt doesn't appear to focus on service details.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank sematsea
DavidDavis, Public Relations Manager at The Adolphus, responded to this review, 1 June 2011
I wish I could say that we were perfect and never made a mistake; but, that is out of our reach. No matter how hard we try we still fall short of perfection. When the hotel is sold out and our resources are fully tapped, we stumble.

Please accept our apologies for the blunders we made while you were with us. We will happily make amends if you will e-mail us at your convenience.

The business center is owned and operated by J&S Audiovisual, and, as an outside vendor, they set their own prices.

We do, indeed, have a full-time concierge, but he is not on duty 24/7. The guest services staff do have complete lists of everything a guest might require during their stay, including nearby churches. Unfortunately, new staff who are in training are still learning the ropes. We offer this as an explanation, not an excuse - for which there is none.
Reviewed 23 May 2011

The Adolphus Hotel is and has been my favorite hotel for many years. It shines as the epitamy of an old world elegant, classical hotel and upon arrival the experience begins. The staff is very friendly, helpfula and most willing to please. The rooms are eqiped with a mini bar and they are well done in taste and style. Must eat at the renouned French Room for the most exsquitset dining experience. Highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
8 Thank n_polley
Australia
Reviewed 20 May 2011

The location of this hotel is good, it is within walking distance of all the major sites within the city, you can walk to the historic West End in a matter of 10 to 15 minutes same for JFK assasination site, etc
The hotel has a nice old feel and it just reeks of history, however the bathrooms well at least the one in my room was looking a little tired.
The rooms are a good size and the service is very good.
The hotel is on teh blue shuttle circut so there is a regular shuttle to the airport which is handy.
I found that the hotle was good value for money and did not dissapoint me

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Grant13
DavidDavis, Public Relations Manager at The Adolphus, responded to this review, 22 May 2011
We appreciate your taking the time to write about your stay. It is very helpful for people to know how close we are to many of the city's popular venues. We have not finished refurbishing all of our bathrooms; they should be done soon. You were kind to make note of the historic character of The Adolphus. If only these walls could talk, the stories they could tell!
Rotan, Texas
Reviewed 19 May 2011

During my daughter's recent wedding, we stayed in the Queen Elizabeth Suite. We really were treated like royalty. The suite was spacious, comfortable, and beautiful. The staff treated us with friendly respect. The wedding was wonderful, with No Drama. A Big Part of that was just having a good night's sleep and dependability. We would recommend the Adolphus Hotel in Dallas to anyone. It was Premier Service.

Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank susanmartinez12345
The Queen Elizabeth II Suite is one of The Adolphus's treasures. Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip relaxed in its luxury, including taking afternoon tea there. They and their staff are the perfect guests, kind and undemanding, with the most beautiful manners.

We take our cues from the British Royal Family and treat everyone with kindness and respect. Our staff wants to put each person at ease, creating the "royal treatment" we all expect when we travel.

It was an honor to be part of your family's wedding celebration. Thank you for choosing The Adolphus and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.
Baird, Texas
Reviewed 18 May 2011

The Adolphus is a real treasure and my personal favorite hotel any where. Luxurious rooms and incredible suites are available. The "Terrace Suites" include large outdoor terrace areas overlooking the street and include patio furniture.

You can shell peanuts on the floor and have burgers and beer in the Rodeo Bar, have afternoon tea in the "Living Room" or put on a coat and tie and have a great leisurely meal in the French Room.

The staff is top notch and very accommodating top to bottom. If you don't feel at home when you arrive, you will before you leave.

Whenever I stay there, I feel like I'm living in a movie.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
7 Thank DLW5
What a lovely compliment. Our staff strives to make everyone feel at home, and it is wonderful to know that we succeed in that mission most of the time. As you say, there's a little something for everyone, too - from the Rodeo Bar to The French Room.

The terrace suites are splendid, especially for alfresco dining. The terraces themselves are the largest in the city and lend themselves to New York style cocktail parties, intimate dinners, and just relaxing under the stars.

We are delighted to hear that we are your "favorite hotel anywhere." Rest assured, our staff will reach for the stars to continue to hold that title!