“Loved it!”

The Adolphus, Autograph Collection
Ranked #16 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 22 May 2012

My stay at the Adolphus was an absolute pleasure. The warm and elegant character of the hotel is obvious as soon as you walk in and its commitment to service was outstanding at every point. It was a joy to stay at a hotel that has a history and not the cookie-cutter boutique hotel where you could be anywhere in the world. Using the old room keys as a feature behind the check-in desk was lovely. The rooms are a little tired but everything worked well and the bed was extremely comfortable. I had breakfast in my room and the service was impeccable. The eggs benedict I ordered was the best I have ever had (and I have had a few all over the world!). I highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay on my next visit to Dallas. I walked through the newer hotels that are nearby and they didn't have nearly as much class or feeling as this hotel did.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Katrina J
Write a ReviewReviews (2,704)

Reviewed 21 May 2012

We love staying at The Adolphus when we're in Dallas! It's so convenient to everywhere downtown, and you absolutely cannot beat the customer service. The staff is absolutely top notch - Ash (who works for In-Room Dining) had perfectly chilled champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us when we checked in to celebrate our 11th anniversary. It's our favorite place to stay!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pinksparkles32
Reviewed 18 May 2012

This hotel is beautiful, full of real old world charm. Our room was very large with a walk-in robe & 2 suitcase stands. The staff were all very friendly & helpful & I would recommend this as a great place to stay if you're visiting Dallas.

Room Tip: Our room was very spacious with 2 queen size beds
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank sharon n
Reviewed 18 May 2012

The Adolphus embraces and lives the slogan “The Customer Comes First”. I attended a conference recently at the hotel and cannot give enough praise to the staff from the moment I was greeted at the door, perfect check in, bell man was prompt in delivering my luggage and repeated instructions for local attractions, lay of the land for ice and elevators (even delivered ice to my room). The lobby staff was always ready with a smile and ready to assist in meeting locations. The food is excellent. Cannot tell you how excellent, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. The banquet services attended to every need of each individual at our table. The table was very needy with special requests and challenges to diet changing their requests and all were met with smiles and quick response to each and every request. It is rare when you see a General Manger in a lobby or at an event. The General Manger was in the lobby and I personally saw him greet several guests including myself. What a refreshing feeling that he cared so much about his customers. All in all “The Customer Comes First”.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Gertie_7
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I have lived in the Dallas area for over 20 years and have stayed in several local hotels. None of them are as inviting as the Adolphus. In addition, it has, unquestionably, one of the best and most beautiful restaurants in the city. It is always my first chose.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Bible junkie
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I have been staying at the Adolphus for over 20 years on business trip. Great history and style. The staff is outstanding from the warm welcome the minute you pull into the hotel, to the front desk staff and to the restaurants staff. It is across the board which means the management leads the team in a very positive way. Everyone is smiling and welcoming. Attentive to everyone's needs and I have observed it with other guests as well. The French Room is a must ! Outstanding chef and staff. It is my home away from home in Dallas !

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Corinne O
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We love the Adolphus Hotel. Stay there every chance we get. Staff friendly - spacious rooms and comfortable. Superior hotel in downtown Dallas.

Room Tip: Look for the 100 year anniversary deals for great rates.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple