“Wow go elsewhere”
Review of The Adolphus

The Adolphus
Ranked #19 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Dirty, no free wifi, over priced, go elsewhere. Hotels nearby are nicer and less expensive. I was stuck here five nights. I should have gone next door. The free gym was Nice. Live and learn when in Dallas stay away from this place.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Adam,

Your comments gave us pause.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stayed at the Adolphus for nearly a week in October 2013 on business, and as somebody who has stayed in hotels a fair bit while on business, I try and look out for hotels that have a bit of character - and this was a great example - it had bags of it! It also has a great location - only a few mins walk to the Convention Centre, and to the trams to get around further. On top of that - great service, lots of space, and beautifully furnished - I'd highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind compliments and high praise. We appreciate it so much.

We hope you will return, again, soon.

Best,

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed two nights mid-week in September during a family visit to Dallas. Was very excited to stay in the top historic hotel in Dallas. Check-in was efficiently handled, and luggage was brought to the room very quickly. The lobby of the hotel is sumptuous with French-empire furnishings - lots of tapestry, gilded furnishings, and rich wood. It's fun to just sit and admire the atmosphere.

Our room on the 10th floor was quite large, with windows looking out onto the street. Nicely furnished room with a large closet - plenty of hangers and space to store the empty suitcases. Everything in the room was in good working order, bed was super comfortable, linens were fine and luxurious.

Bathroom was large and well appointed, but had strange experiences with water temp - all of the water was always hot - even from the cold water taps - the water coming out of sink was hot - the water in the toilet bowl was hot - obviously some engineering problems, as this has been mentioned in other reviews - well, I guess room much hot water is better than none?

Room was well insulated from noise, never heard any noise from outside or from other rooms - slept very well.

Enjoyed a nice drink in the small bar in the lobby - slightly disappointed that you had to stand at the bar to order drinks - no table service, and the sole bar tender was a bit rushed to keep up with demand for drinks, but the ambience of the lobby made up for these niggles. Enjoyed a spectacular dinner at the French Room restaurant, and hotel guests receive a $20/person discount off of the dinner menu rate - much appreciated! The dinner was a true 'french style' dining experience, which is fast becoming a rare relic in the USA.

Also enjoyed breakfast both days in the Bistro restaurant - good services and nice traditional breakfast options. Used the on-site fitness center, which was both very clean and well-equipped.

Loved that the standard check-out was at 1:00 - allowing a more leisurely departure. Bell service was quick, courteous and efficient. Hotel staff members were all very polite and pleasant.

I would encourage anyone who enjoys historic hotel and traditional elegance to enjoy a stay at this grand Dallas institution!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Jay,

Your thorough and fair review of The Adolphus is greatly appreciated. Our management and staff are delighted that they impressed you with their service and accommodations.

We all look forward to your return.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Came her for our anniversary. Had dinner at the French Room. Amazing. Great lobby ambiance. Cosmo the lobby bartender understands luxury upscale. Rooms are a disappointment. Tired... Rather than historical it seems like a discombobulated collection of hotel furniture from the 70's. would recommend, just do not expect much from the guest room. And David ( director of PR). You should be fired. You do a horrible job of responding to these reviews.

• Stayed: November 2013
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your compliments about The French Room and our Lobby Living Room.

Cosmo is grateful for your kind words and sends you his regards.

Cordially,

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed at the Adolphus Hotel in Dallas 10/20 - 10/22 for business. It's a very classic hotel with big, open common spaces. The rooms are quite large. I stayed in the Jr. Suite which included a separate sitting area, a dining table complete with chandelier and a wet bar with a refrigerator. I cannot say enough about the beds. It was like being at home. They were amazingly comfortable. The temperature in the room was just right and the noise level was excellent. I slept peacefully both nights. The bathroom was spacious and a plus for me was the heated light which made it very comfortable after getting out of the shower. There were only two downsides to the room. 1) the first morning there was no hot water which made for a very cold start of the day, however maintenance took care of it (unfortunately, it was AFTER I had already had my cold shower); 2) when they cleaned my room they left dirty glasses and styrofoam coffee cups sitting on the wet bar.

My room was located near the elevators but I couldn't hear a thing outsdie of my room.

Check in and check out was a breeze. I had a problem upon check-out b/c I couldn't find my corporate credit card. I had them charge my personal credit card and the next day I called to have the charges transferred to my corporate card. Andrea in the billing department did a wonderful job of taking care of that for me quickly and without any issues. Great customer service!

Room service was prompt and the food was average. I only ordered a turkey sandwich and some chips, so it was good enough.

The only negative thing that I can say is that the valet parking was $28/day which I thought was steep until I found out that the Magnolia next door charges about the same. So, I guess all-in-all, they are on par with the other hotels downtown that charge outrageous prices for valet.

I would visit again due to the location, great customer service and easy access to my event.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Your kind compliments and high praise are greatly appreciated. Our staff is delighted that they impressed you.

We hope you will stay with us, again, when your travels bring you back to Dallas.

Thank you!

With kindest regards,

Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel service was great... They helped in every way we asked especially the head man outside. Having said that... They refused to give us a drink at the Lobby bar and sent us downstairs...we did not care for the bar downstairs so came back up and they had served two customers and said they were closed. I don't get it. I believe the bar should have at least been open until 10:00. The rooms were big and we liked that...the price was right. If you don't mind the prices the French room is out of this world. I would stay there again but they need to update their bar hours and bar staff.

• Stayed: October 2013
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind compliments about the hotel and The French Room.

We are most grateful for the praise.

Cordially,

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stopped in the hotel lobby to make dinner reservation and decide to have a drink at the small hotel bar in the lobby. Nice afternoon break and good people watching stop, The lobby was like eye candy - great art and interesting furnishings.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind compliments and recommendation.

Best regards,