“A must stay in downtown Dallas”
Review of The Adolphus

The Adolphus
Ranked #19 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
San Antonio, Texas
“A must stay in downtown Dallas”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The Adolphus Hotel was awesome! The hotel is simple beautiful and the rooms were very spacious and were clean every night. The hotel provided us with complimentary transportation to the surrounding downtown area. The hotel staff treated us like royalty (no joke), we felt special during our entire stay. The hotel's reservation agent Antonya Williams impressed us the most. Ms. Williams was friendly, informative, and she checked on us daily! I have recommended this hotel to our company and to my personal friends for future stays. Funny,...The hotel thanked us for our stay, but we want to thank the Adolphus for their royal hospitality to my family.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Guest,

We are so pleased that you had a wonderful stay at The Adolphus. Thank you for letting us know.

Our staff appreciates the praise, and Ms. Williams sends you her warmest regards.

It is a pleasure to welcome guests royally and make them feel at home, as you learned firsthand.

Thank you, again!

Very sincerely,

David

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (547)
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed at the Adolphus on Easter weekend to attend a wedding. It is a beautiful and classic hotel. Our room was very nice with a great walk-in closet and a pretty bathroom. The service was great, all the staff were very pleasant and professional. I was not sure how I would like the all valet parking, but I got the car out several times and never had to wait more than a few minutes. What a treat to have such a luxurious stay for the same price as a more modern chain hotel. I will definitely stay there again when I get the chance.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Margaret,

How kind of you to take the time to praise our staff and compliment our accommodations.

We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to your return.

All the best,

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

I was very pleased with my recent stay at The Adolphus. From the valet to the front desk everyone was welcoming, and my room had a full terrace! I was contacted by the business travel director who wanted to be sure that my accommodations were okay...and they were. I will always stay here when in Dallas.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Your praise for The Adolphus is much appreciated by all.

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers.

With every good wish,

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The staff was very friendly. They always greeted us and were very helpful when we needed them. They were also very polite. They are remodeling but I would not have notice if it hadn't been pointed out to me. We stayed in an older room but it was still very lovely. Only disappointment was there was no pool.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your kind compliments.

Thank you for staying with us. We hope you come back soon.

Cordially,

Reviewed 27 April 2014

The location of the Adolphus is great. The room I had (standard king) was very spacious - it actually had a walk-in closet.

For being an older hotel it was pretty well kept up. The service was adequate.

Other than that I was a little disappointed. The sink was not clean - it had little bits of food from whoever stayed in the room prior to me. Also found on the floor was somebody's dry cleaning ticket and a safety pin. It made me wonder how thoroughly cleaned other items were.

The shower drained slowly which didn't make me feel very good. It's not awesome to have the water creeping up on you as you shower.

During the night I didn't sleep well because the building itself was noisy. Not that the stuff going on outside was loud, or other guests were disruptive - I could hear things moving through the pipes throughout the night.

Finally they did not offer free internet. It cost $10.95 per device per day. In 2014 this seems a little absurd to me.

I was really looking forward to staying there, but it turned out to be an overall not pleasing stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Josh,

Thank you for the compliments and the invaluable feedback. We appreciate it so much.

Kind regards,

McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My wife and I just celebrated our 19 year anniversary at this hotel. It is immaculately preserved. From the wood paneling to the iron accents and beautiful accents throughout the hotel. During check in, we requested a higher floor, and the staff gladly obliged. We stayed on the 20th floor. We were in a King Suite. This is very roomy with a large sitting area in the room with refrigerator and coffee bar. The view was very nice. The room was decorated simply, with dark wood furniture. It was very elegant. The bathroom was small and basic, but the sink still had brass fixtures and a wrought iron base. Very nice. We did not eat at the French Room, but it looked very opulent and glamorous. We did visit the Rodeo Bar and Grill. It seemed out of place at the Adolphus, but it was very casual and nice. I would envision more of a historic bar in this setting, but it was fine. We did visit the Neiman Marcus Flagship Store, just about a half a block away, that was interesting. Overall a great hotel that we would revisit.

Room Tip: Go with an upper floor
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that we created a memorable anniversary for you.

Thank you for highlighting our features and the nearby attractions.

We hope you return soon.

Kindest regards,

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

The lobby of the hotel is gorgeous. We had my daughters wedding reception in the Grand Ball Room and everything was to perfection. We were espcially pleased with the food at the seated dinner. The guests throughly enjoyed the beef and sea bass. The chef did a superb job assuring that all the meals were served at the perfect temperatures and with a beautiful presentation. We used the hotel room for the brides older family members to rest if needed during the wedding. The room was very large and beautiful. We had room service too, which was great. They mistakenly charged me to valet park a car and I didn't have a car. I had to call and get that removed. However, the hotel staff was always excellent. And the French Room restaurant is the most beautiful restaurant in Dallas with excellent food.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Our management and staff congratulate you, again, on your daughter's marriage. It is an honor to have been chosen for such an important ceremony of life.

Thank you for your compliments and high praise for the hotel and The French Room. They have been shared with all of our staff, who send you their best wishes.

With warmest regards,