“Outstanding Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Adolphus

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Adolphus
Ranked #16 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
“Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

My husband and I were impressed with the quality of the Adolphus hotel and the staff. The greeting began with the valet as he opened our car door to welcome us to the Adolphus and the exceptional and personable service did not end until we departed the hotel.
We had made our reservation a week prior and due to an unavoidable family emergency we had to postpone our stay. When cancelling the original reservation, April (reservation check in) was truly compassionate and very sympathetic to our needs. She not only waived the cancellation fee, since we cancelled two hours before check in, but she extended the rate we had received to allow for another month to stay at the discounted rate. April also sent me an email to express her sympathy and notify me of the extension. It was so nice to be treated with respect and sincerity, rather than just another guest paying for their service. The entire staff was welcoming and warm. We felt as though they love what they do and enjoy doing it.
We have occupied many hotels across various countries in our travels and I can honestly say that the Adolphus has ben one of the best stays we have had. The hotel has beautiful old world charm. Definitely a FIRST CLASS hotel with a genuine and personable staff.

Room Tip: higher floors have city views
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Your thoughtful review is very moving, and it highlights the care and kindness that our staff is famous for the world over.

We appreciate knowing that everyone at The Adolphus impressed you - and that The Adolphus is beautiful on the inside as well as the outside.

Thank you for sharing your experience. It is very helpful for other travelers to know what we are all about.

Again, please accept our sincerest sympathy.

With warmest regards,

David

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Customer service and staff were wonderful, and rooms were really big, so had to give this hotel more than one star, but am baffled by all of the great reviews. This is the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in, and it smelled bad. The only restaurant I tried was the Bistro, and it was not good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We are very sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. Please accept our apologies for the poor housekeeping you experienced. It was simply not up to our standard.

The Bistro usually receives compliments on its menu. Our executive chef is looking into why you were unhappy the day you dined there.

We appreciate your feedback and your praise for our staff (they are most grateful!).

Kind regards,

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

When I got to the hotel, the entire hotel lobby was dark, with no light. The whole place felt like it's haunted. Apparently they had a power outrage. When there's no problem, the service at this hotel is probably acceptable, as any other hotels. However, it truly shows the level of customer service when a problem occurs. I gave this rate because the followings,
1. The hotel failed to notify the customers regarding the power outrage ahead of time. There are many people here on business trip and need the light to do work at night. I only found out that the whole building had no light until I got here.
2. The hotel staff did not make proper arrangement. They offered me flash light.
3. The hotel did not make refund or significantly delay the process of refund. I still have not had refund after calling them several times.
Overall, they are not service-oriented at all. The staff Kevin was fairly arrogant that the hotel already have a good review on trip advisor and there is no need to serve customers. I'm very dissapointed with the experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

The management and staff apologize for your unpleasant experience. Every effort was made to accommodate our guests during the emergency power outage. The front desk manager (his name is Chris, not Kevin) did his best to explain how the refund process works. At no time did he make any claims about positive or negative reviews on travel websites. Our resolution of customer complaints is based on facts, not threats. Regardless of the misunderstandings, we should have resolved this to your satisfaction. We are very sorry that we were unable to do so in the time you gave us.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

This was our second stay at the Adolphus this year. Our family of six had three rooms for three nights, and we were incredibly comfortable. The rooms are large with beautiful, classic bathrooms, and plenty of room to spread out. We had a walk-in closet which is a first for a hotel room in my experience. We luxuriated in the lobby under the potted palms, and enjoyed many drinks with Cosmo at the bar. My forgetful husband left behind some items, and the Adolphus quickly sent them to him by UPS. Thanks to everyone at the Adolphus for a lovely stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to welcome your family to The Adolphus. We are delighted that you left with many happy memories.

Thank you for praising our staff and expressing your appreciation for our accommodations and services.

We hope you will return soon.

Warmest regards,

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

This is an old-fashioned place, in the best sense of that phrase. The furnishings in the lobby, lounge areas, and French Room downstairs are all out of the early part of the last century, and the rooms, while not quite up to that level, are airy and bright, and perfectly clean and comfortable. Most of all, the staff is extremely accommodating, including tracking down an item I lost and delivering it to me in my room. Anytime I'm in Dallas, I will stay here or the Magnolia next door.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Please accept our thanks for your kind compliments and high praise. Our staff appreciates the recognition!

We look forward to your next stay.

Best,

Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed at the Adolphus Hotel on April 24-25, 2014. This was one of the very best hotel experiences I've had in a long time. I've stayed in other hotels that were 2 to 4 times more expensive but did not deliver the very high quality of accommodation, service and customer relationship that I experienced at the Adolphus. My room was commodious, well appointed and charming. The hotel itself has more character and class than scores of other supposedly high-end hotels that I've recently stayed in. When I travel to Dallas in future, I'll make sure to stay at the Adolphus.

Room Tip: I didn't use the swimming pool or spa during my stay, but all other facilities were top drawer.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear David,

Thank you very much for your high praise for The Adolphus and its staff. Our management and staff are honored that we have created a hotel that impresses you with its character and class.

We appreciate knowing, too, that we compare favorably to other hotels you have experienced in your world travels.

All of us look forward to your next visit.

Best regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

The Adolphus Hotel in downtown Dallas,Texas is filled with old world charm, history and has great service.
My check-in was quick, the room was comfortable with plenty of room and a great view. The bathroom was also nice sized and complete with a built-in, magnifying make up mirror.
Room service was quick, the meals were tasty, served hot and the service personnel were friendly and professional. Check-out was efficient and parking garage service organized.The lobby is cozy with different seating areas, crystal lamps and a centrally located bar. The over all experience was
enjoyable and at a good value so definitely I'll be staying there again soon!

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest,

Your kind and gracious review is most appreciated.

Thank you for letting us know that from check-in to check-out, everything went beautifully. This is what we strive for - for all of our guests.

We are grateful for your business.

With warmest regards,