“Dallas antiquity”

Ranked #19 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Dallas
“Dallas antiquity”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Very romantic venue for a romantic get away. While the French Room has not had great reviews of late, the antiquity of the hotel itself, and the location, make it a Dallas must! Even cocktails in the grand lobby with your significant other is worth the trip.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the high praise. We appreciate your recommendation.

The Adolphus and The French Room are both designed for romance, to be sure.

Wishing you the best,

David

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (535)
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We have always liked the Adolphus . I understand they have some renovations planned soon, though our room was fine. I hope they solve a few of their maintenance issues quickly as we really enjoy this place and don't want to see them fall behind their competition. They had a little odor just off the elevators on our floor, but it was localized. We won't hesitate to stay again, and, beyond question, the French Room is THE place to get a top flight experience in dining in Texas. Their service is unmatched.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Van M
Dear Van,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on The Adolphus.

We appreciate your kind compliments for the hotel and for The French Room. The restaurant is, indeed, magnificent - food, décor and service.

The management and staff hope you will return, again, soon.

Best regards,

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The Adolphus is a legendary hotel built just after the turn of that last century that deserves to be legendary. The lush architecture and over-the-top decorative elements alone bespeak its long and illustrious history. Over several decades of business I have stayed at the Adophus many times and have watched as newer franchises like the W, the Joule and the Ritz Carlton overtook it as the standards of elegance. However, the Adolphus has marched on, and while the staffing isn't what it once was, and there are the occasional threadbare curtains and well-worn furniture, it remains a favorite of mine. I guess I still appreciate those gestures to old world standards. A long time ago, I learned to request an "11" room... a corner room in the "old" building. It is considered a "standard room", but the high ceilings and view make it unique. Ask for it. The Adolphus is in downtown Dallas, which used to be a ghost town after 7pm, but is starting to add some nice restaurants and bars. The CBD Provisions less than two blocks away is a case in point: great new-wave food, conemporary decor, and reasonable prices. And there are more. Dealy Plaza where JFK was shot is very near by also, and I highly recommend it as a thought provoking and almost religious pilgrimage. So, take a shot at the Adolphus: you won't regret it.

Room Tip: Try the xx11 rooms: corner of the "Old" building.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Your insight and kind compliments about The Adolphus and downtown Dallas are well stated. The feedback is very, very helpful.

We appreciate your loyalty. It is a great to know that The Adolphus continues to shine in your eyes. As you noted, we retain the traditions that are the essence of hospitality.

Thank you!

Warmest regards,

Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Stayed here when visiting business associates. Nicely updated with charming feel. The room was spacious. The bathroom could use better lighting. It was a few block walk to the Sixth Floor museum. Staff was very friendly and breakfast was delicious.
The only problem was that the electricity was shut off from 10 pm to about 3:30 pm because the city was doing upgrades to the electric grid in the area. I felt that the hotel should have offered a discount on the room because of the inconvenience (I.e. no air conditioning). However, nothing was offered.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear Jane,

Thank you for the compliments about our staff, food and décor. We are most appreciative.

Please accept our apologies for the power outage necessitated by the upgrades you describe. We did our best for out guests under the circumstances, and we received many compliments on how we handled the situation.

We hope to make amends on your next visit. Please email us when you are headed our way, again.

tulsa
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Visit Dallas frequently, but have never had the opportunity to stay at downtown Dallas's Adolphus Hotel before this week. Long overdue! The grand lobby, complete with comfy seating, is the perfect place to sit and plan the day's activities. The guest rooms and accompanying baths are nicely appointed, spacious, and quiet; the beds very comfortable. And if you are one who doesn't believe in "traveling light", you will be astounded by the huge WALK-IN closet -- a first for me in all my years of globe trekking. Don't be afraid of the downtown location and parking -- yes, the hotel offers valet service at a typical downtown price, but we were able to find nearby on-street parking and didn't mind the early morning meter run too much. With the hotel offering car service to nearby attractions, one might consider that and walking as one's primary modes of transportation. All in all a wonderful visit. I encourage you to treat yourself to a luxurious stay at the elegant Adolphus.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

What a pleasure it is to read that we lived up to your high expectations!

Your thorough review provides great insight into The Adolphus and its renowned hospitality. Many of our guest rooms do have walk-in closets, and they always impress.

Thank you, too, for sharing your travel tips. These are always very helpful to your fellow travelers who may not know the area.

We appreciate your thumbs up and gracious recommendation.

May you return often to the Age of Elegance at The Adolphus!

Cordially,

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 7 May 2014

If you enjoy the experience of the "Old World" luxury and service with modern amenities, The Adolphus Hotel in Dallas, Texas is the place for you. From the moment I arrived until my departure (seven days later) I was treated as though I was someone very special. My room was kept immaculate, the staff was extremely helpful and very pleasant. I cannot say enough about the limo service both Barry and Dave were just outstanding. I would definitely stay at The Adolphus again on my next trip to Dallas.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your capturing the essence of The Adolphus in your review. What you wrote perfectly describes what our hotel is and continually strives to be.

We appreciate your highlighting our chauffeured luxury sedan service. Barry and Dave are terrific, and they asked me to send you their regards and best wishes.

Our housekeeping department appreciates your compliments, too.

Best regards,

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed at this property Thursday through Sunday and was very impressed by the level of service we received. From the moment we arrived to the time we left, we were treated like royalty. Every member of the staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is a beautiful historic hotel that has maintained every ounce of character. Our room was large and the housekeeping staff did a wonderful job of keeping it cleaned and maintained for us. I had a charge that was not mine on my bill when I checked out and it was taken care of immediatly and even when I called to verify on Monday the member of staff that I spoke to was very kind and reassuring. I just double checked my account and like they promised there was no charge. You couldn't ask for more. The hotel is in a great location to restaurants, bars, and a great cupcake place. If I return to Dallas in the future I hope that I will be able to stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Your kind and gracious review is most appreciated.

Thank you for highlighting the care and attention of our staff. They truly put their heart into their work.

Your experience is what we strive to provide for everyone staying at The Adolphus.

We hope you will return often.

Warmest regards,