“great stay in city centre hotel”
Review of The Adolphus

The Adolphus
Ranked #19 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 8 June 2014

check in faultless with pleasant helpful staff but not in your face
great room facilities,yes its dated but everything works and is a
nice change from the norm.the only oddity was the strange licensing hours in the hotel bar

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Thank jeff.stonehouse
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Jeff,

We appreciate your thoughtful review.

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers.

David

Write a ReviewReviews (2,686)

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Wow! What a wonderful hotel. I travel on business and usually stay at "business" hotels but for a family trip I wanted something different and this was the perfect place! Was also excited about the 3 day special pricing. Pillows were like sleeping on a dream. I will always stay there when I am in Dallas!

• Stayed: June 2014
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Vernon,

Thank you for the high praise.

We are so pleased that you and your family had a grand time at The Adolphus.

It was a pleasure to have you with us.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I got a great rate on Expedia for the Adolphus so it was an excellent value. The service at the hotel was superb - everyone went out of their way to assist me and the staff all clearly took pride in their work. The lobby of the hotel is quite opulent and fancy, but the rooms were slightly outdated (especially the bathrooms). I ordered room service for breakfast, which was very good and presented on a lovely table with a small flower bouquet. The location is very convenient as well.

1  Thank LaFleur1979
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind compliments. Our staff appreciates knowing that their passion for hospitality pleased you.

Guest Room Dining is most grateful, too, for your praise.

We are delighted that we made you feel at home and look forward to impressing you in the future with ongoing enhancements.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I will start by saying, yes, the hotel rooms are dated, but, WOW, the incredible, sincere, consistently awesome customer service and 5 star food are WAY more important to me. The room we had was so spacious--such a plus.
We were there for a wedding and the ballroom, food, service, everything was truly spectacular. I am so glad we spent the night and really got to explore the hotel--a real treasure.

Room Tip: Go for the upgraded rooms--the extra space is divine worth the cost.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Michele,

We are most grateful for your WOW review and high praise for our Dallas treasure. There are few landmarks in Dallas that remain from the turn of the last century, and we are delighted that you recognize the hotel's significance.

As a senior contributor to TripAdvisor, you know quality and value. We are honored that you hold us in such high esteem.

Thank you so much!

With every good wish,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I recently visited Dallas for a couple of nights on business and this hotel was recommended by a local colleague via their corporate discount rate. As it turned out, the AAA discount was even better! In fact, the prices were so reasonable that I upgraded to an executive suite which was HUGE! I only wish I got to stay longer and spend more time exploring the hotel and its antiques! The exterior of the hotel is very interesting and worth a look as you enter the building. Once inside, you'll think you just entered the grand ballroom of the Titanic. [Interestingly, the hotel was built in 1912, the same year the Titanic sank.] Staff are numerous to provide assistance and were always very friendly, even if just to wish you "good morning." The antiques were incredible -- check out the old Steinway piano near the lobby bar. Also, notice some of the clocks on the wall, as well as the old tapestries. I heard great things about the restaurant but didn't have a chance to sample it's French cuisine, only grabbing a quick bit of food at Garrison's which is attached to the hotel as well. The hotel is centrally located to many things of interest and is only blocks away from Dealy Plaza and the school book depository, where President Kennedy was assassinated. The rooms were very spacious -- far too much space for me, traveling alone -- but the executive suite would have been plenty of room for my wife and two kids (though my room was only a king bed - not sure if they have doubles or a pullout couch). Size-wise, though, the room was enormous. As I was there for business during the week, I did not have much time to explore other amenities the hotel offered, though I would have loved to have listened to the live piano music in the lobby which I gather occurs every weekend evening. I suppose the only real downside was that there is a separate charge for the internet (about $12 per day, I believe), though I did not use it because I wasn't in the room that frequently. I also heard that parking can be a bit expensive, but I arrived by cab and cannot speak to those charges. Still, with the AAA discount on the room, the overall décor and ambiance, and the central location to many points of interest in Dallas, I would definitely recommend staying here and avoiding those big chain hotels when you can stay here for the same (or less) money and be a part of such wonderful history. Truly a great stay and a place I will return to when I come back to Dallas with my family in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to thoroughly review The Adolphus. Your insight and travel tips will be of great help to your fellow travelers.

Our management and staff are grateful for the compliments and send you their best wishes.

We hope you will return with your family soon. Rest assured, you will receive a warm and gracious welcome.

Take care.

Cordially,

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We Stayed here for 2 nights when the Toronto Blue Jays were in town. Our Room was massive & a steal of a deal with the price! The Location is right downtown and close to many restaurants and pubs. They have a complimentary service anywhere within 5km, so you can anywhere downtown. The front desk was always so helpful with walking directions or anything we needed. The high tea area is so cute, wish we had more time to try it out. The Architecture is amazing as well. A MUST STAY!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Amanda,

What a pleasure it was to welcome you to Dallas and to The Adolphus.

We are delighted that every aspect of The Adolphus impresses you.

Thank you for highlighting both our spacious accommodations and our complimentary sedan service. Both offer wonderful travel values, to be sure.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed two nights at the Adolphus on a business trip. From the valet, to the front desk to the Bistro the staff were very friendly and accomodating. The valet parking seemed expensive but it's Dallas...and the alternative was parking in an open public space. The room was huge, very clean and the decor was nice. I loved the antique feel throughout the hotel. There are a number of restaurants within waling distance. I travel frequently and am particular about where I stay. I would stay here again and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Katherine,

Thank you so much for your business perspective. We appreciate knowing that business travelers find our hospitality impressive.

We hope you will return soon.