“Treated like royalty”
Review of The Adolphus

The Adolphus
Ranked #19 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Everything is first class even with a Travelzoo coupon so we didn't pay full price. They go out of their way to treat everyone like royalty and do it with a smile like they actually don't mind doing it. The old yet modern hotel is beautiful. The lobby is worth coming by to walk through, stunning. The beds in the room were so comfortable which is hard to find these days. Food-awesome, room-awesome, hotel-awesome, driver Barry-awesome!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tj C
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Guest,

It's always a joy to hear that our food, décor and service are awesome.

Thank you, too, for your praise about the comfortable beds and luxury linens. These amenities are in response to our guests' feedback.

We hope you will return, again, soon. More royal treatment awaits!

Warmest regards,

There are newer reviews for The Adolphus

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed at the Adolphus for a week in October 2013. The exterior of this historic hotel is very nice. However, I couldn't say the same about the rooms. My room was spacious (I had an executive suite) but very outdated. However, I must say that the staff provides great service. When I checked in, I had a fruit platter waiting for me in my room. This was very appreciated as I was really hungry after my flight. Someone also followed up with me after my stay to make sure that everything was to my liking. It was definitely nice to see that the hotel took time to get feedback from their guests in order to improve.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the kind compliments about our staff. The constructive criticism is very helpful as we make improvements.

Thank you for your graciousness.

All the best,

Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I got a great deal on TravelZoo to stay at the Adolphus for a night, so we treated ourselves to an overnight getaway. I had heard many raves about the Hotel and let me assure you that our stay did not disappoint. Our first impression of the hotel was that it had so much character that it reminded us of the Gatsby era with it's dark wood, classic wall art, dim lighting, antique flowerpots, the gold faucets in the lobby bathroom, and the skylight. The lobby is purely stunning.We spent several hours downstairs enjoying the lobby, people watching, talking, and enjoying drinks from the bar (which can be a little pricey). The ambiance cannot be matched. Our room was also great. It was clean, simply elegant and cold upon our arrival (which was great on a day where the temp was 102 outside). The bed was also very comfortable. It was the first hotel I had been to in a long time that gave each person 2 pillows (these were down). We do feel that the overnight parking fee of $28 is very steep, but for what we got the room for, it was still cheaper than a one night stay at regular price. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will highly recommend it to anyone. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Heather,

Our management and staff are delighted that you had a splendid stay at The Adolphus. This is what they strive for every day - for every guest.

Thank you for highlighting our amenities in such a charming way. Gatsby would definitely be at home at The Adolphus!

We look forward to your next visit.

Cordially,

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I have stayed twice at the Adolphus in downtown Dallas. Both experiences were great. The rooms are a bit dated and in need of a remodel but the room was clean and the beds are comfortable. If you have the time and money make reservations at the French Room. A great experience!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Michael,

We appreciate the feedback and your praise.

Thank you for recommending The French Room, the only AAA Five Diamond restaurant in Texas.

We hope you will return, again, soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at the Adolphus. We enjoyed dinner at The French Room, but the hotel is so old and tired. The staff is very friendly; however, it does not make up for the old decor and fixtures. It's like going back in time, but not in a good way. Twenty years ago our room would have been elegant. We were so disappointed. The hotel should be embarrassed by the quality of the rooms and hallways.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BDHN
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback and kind words about The French Room.

Your criticisms will help guide future enhancements. It is very important that we meet the needs of all of our guests.

Thank you!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

My wife and I love historic, old hotels. The Adolphus is the southern queen of historic hotels. Guests are instantly surrounded by solid walnut paneling, beautiful art, tropical foliage, and the quiet excitement of an elegant space. The rooms are well appointed, the service gracious, and The French Room should be experienced by everyone at least once. We live near Dallas, and any reason stay downtown is adequate if we can stay at the Adolphus.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Don,

Thank you for your appreciation for our heritage and beauty.

We appreciate, too, your compliments about our gracious service.

The French Room is grand, to be sure. It is certainly worth a trip!

We are grateful for your recommendation.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 15 August 2014

This was my first trip to Dallas. I was lucky enough to stay at the Adolphus Hotel. It has a magical charm and has history every where that you look. The furnishings and artwork are all form an era where things were made just for the place they are in. Inside its hard to imagine that you are not in another time or place. The staff were incredibly helpful. Its the kind of place you can find a nook to sit in and just take in the moment. I was luck enough to learn about some of the history behind the artworks and antiques which just added to the charm. The room was spacious and had all the amenities.

Room Tip: I am a light sleeper and was near the elevator. The room had enough space to work and relax in.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear Shanna,

We are honored that you chose to stay at The Adolphus on your first trip to Dallas - and that you are impressed with the hotel's service, décor and charm.

Thank you for complimenting our staff. They appreciate your kind words of praise.

We hope you will return, again, soon.

All the best,