“Wedding Reception at Adolphus Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Adolphus

The Adolphus
Ranked #17 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Greenville, South Carolina
“Wedding Reception at Adolphus Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2010

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Adolphus Hotel in the large ornate ball room. The staff at the Adolphus were wonderful to work with and so helpful and welcoming to all of our guests. We had about 350 people attend out wedding and 175 of our guests stayed at hotel. It is the perfect place for out of town guests to stay and also walking distance from so many wonderful Dallas museums, Neiman Marcus Store, and Iron Cactus Restaurant. We hosted my bridesmaid lunch at the French Room and I could not have been happier. It was a dreamy night and I would not have changed anything. I highly recommend the Adolphus as a reception site and also a hotel for your guests to stay. We received so many compliments and thank you notes from our guests who stayed at the hotel and they all commented on how nice their stay was a the hotel and that they want to visit the hotel again. My husband and I spent our first night in one of their luxury suites and we were treated like royalty. Our guests also enjoyed another suite as the hospitality suite and were able to socialize and relax with each other.
Beautiful Dallas Hotel with reasonable prices and much Dallas history.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amandascgirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (530)

Dear Adolphus Team,

Without reservation it has been an extreme delight to work with The Adolphus in Dallas for our daughter Sara's wedding in April of next year. Granted we just started organizing this momentous event and needless to say today we placed a reservation deposit with Jessica.

Our Church is located in the Park Cities area so we wanted someplace close. After we met with The Ritz Carlton, The Mansion on Turtle Creek and The Crescent, it was evident that Jessica Furlow and The Adolphus was to be our location for Sara's wedding reception.We could have chosen any of these venues, however from the first time we met Jessica, and she made us feel at home instantly. Her warm smile and can do attitude should be treasured by your organization as I’m sure it is. You are very fortunate to have her on your team.

We truly look forward to working with Jessica and the Adolphus in the next few months. If you are a Father or Mother please know that this is a trying time when your baby is leaving the nest. My comfort is Jessica being by our side in this process. Thank you for having such a beautiful hotel and wonderful staff.

The Ballard’s

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank web92453
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2010

The Adolphus hotel was my husband and I's wedding reception location. The service is the best in Dallas and we were completely taken care of. Out of town friends, family, and my husband and I stayed in the hotel for our wedding weekend and it was simply beautiful. We couldnt have asked for more and highly recommend the Adolphus hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2010

My clients are in the entertainment field and expect nothing but 'the best' accommodations and service when they are travelling and performing. For the past 25 years I have worked with The Adolphus because I know my clients will receive the utmost in service and professionalism. I can rely on the hotel staff to attend to every detail of the reservation and specific individual requirements and ammenities. I know my clients will be well taken care of from the time the reservation is made through the time when they walk through the lobby doors to check -in until they depart. With all the details required to make the trip and my job and theirs successful, I can trust The Adolphus to make hotel accommodations worry free!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank 9265producer
South Tampa & Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2010

I recently returned from a 2 night stay at the Adolphus. It met my basic requirements as a full service hotel with a minimum 4-star rating. I paid $120 a night all-in and was not charged for parking. I very much enjoyed the old world style of the hotel although felt some bits were too dated in a bad way and maybe some of the color selections weren't very complimentary. Now for the good & the bad:

The Good: The valet on duty when I arrived was very quick to assist with my bag and get me to the check in desk. He also insured my car stayed up front and under cover at the hotel, not in the normal parking garage. Im very anal about my cars and this was important to me. Also the room was quite spacious and the bathroom was decorated very nicely. All staff were very friendly and quick to assist.

The Bad: My main complaint was that I noticed dirt on the floor of the room and bathroom as well as a couple of towels that werent 100% clean. I let it go until they werent rectified after the 1st night. Also I dont think they change the sheets everyday and most hotels leave a postcard expressing you can keep them or have them laundered by leaving a card on the bed etc. There was none to be found at the Adolphus. When I brought the dirt issue to the managements attention they were very quick to apologize and offered a multitude of solutions. Also, when I arrived no bellmen are present on the check-in/drive-up level. Although I was only traveling with 1 bag I like to be assisted to my room and dont like having to ask for this service. As well the service elevators and staff using them can be quite noisy if youre very sensitive make sure to request a room away from them.

All in all Id say this hotel lives up to its 4-Diamond rating and Id return again given the same prices even thought I usually dont like being in the middle of downtown.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2010

The Adolphus is a beautiful old hotel with all of the modern conveniences. Three restraunts, one to fit any mood, from the French Room to the Bistro for breakfast to the Rodeo Bar for a fun lunch. The Adolphus has free wireless internet that made let me work and people watch in the lobby. Great service also.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank casas32
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2010

Great deal and the best service level by entire staff - I finished a bottle of water and was wlaking in the lobbby and the bellman offered to discard the empty for me. The room was clean, free internet and great in room amenities. I will use them again in a second.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business