We had a one night weekend stay at the hotel. I had always heard good things about it and was really looking forward to it. The room was very nice. We had a room at the very end of the hallway. It was spacious and had lots of windows on two walls since we were on the corner/end. I loved the decor - a nice change from the chain hotels. The bathroom was nice and had a deep tub. Everything was very clean and the bed was comfortable. We appreciated that the room came stocked with extra pillows. The location is great and almost just across the street from our favorite restaurant, Nick & Sams.
Despite all of that, it was the little things that kept this hotel from standing out and will probably keep us from returning. As other reviewers mentioned, there is construction directly adjacent to the hotel. You could almost reach out and touch it. At 6am that morning, we were woken up by the loud noises from the dumpster being emptied. And that annoying beeping of the truck backing up. And we found the service to be surprisingly blah. We actually had to wait at the front desk for almost 10 minutes before anyone arrived to check us in. Really? Staff was polite, but indifferent. Certainly not the warm, inviting, and attentive service that we've received at numerous other hotels.
Overall, left us with a 'been there, done that' kind of feeling instead of 'can't wait to go back' attitude.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic and modern elegance are juxtaposed at the chic uptown location of Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh. This historic 1923 Art Deco building is steps from businesses, museums, boutique shopping, cutting-edge cuisine, and stimulating nightlife. Our harmonious spa indulges guests with rejuvenating experiences. Meetings and events are hosted with flair in 6,000 square feet of Dorothy Draper-designed space. In each of our 170 guest rooms and suites, warm cinnabar and charcoal color palettes blend modern amenities with custom mahogany and marble-topped furniture. Bathrooms feature sleek black-and-white Calcutta marble flooring and chrome fixtures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Stoneleigh Hotel Dallas
- The Stoneleigh Hotel And Spa
- Stoneleigh Hotel Dallas