“Charming, Yet Modern - Enjoyed My Stay”

Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh
Ranked #42 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I checked into this hotel on a Sunday afternoon for 1 night in August 2013 and it was my first time staying at this hotel. Upon check in I was upgraded to a Junior Suite and my experience was wonderful from arrival to departure. The hotel is very charming and when you walk into the lobby it’s well appointed and relaxing, yet also upscale with a touch of a modern feel. I didn’t find anything in the hotel that seemed worn or needing repair. This seemed to be more of a “Luxury Collection” SPG property.

The staff were very welcoming and I enjoyed my room very much. The Jr Suite was large and stylish. The air conditioning worked well and the bed was comfortable.

I did need to use the business center and they have 2 computers available for use and you can also print. Access and printing is at no charge which is always a nice surprise.
The only down side is the construction taking place next to the hotel. Obviously, this cannot be controlled by the hotel. I was on the opposite side of the hotel but could hear all the beeping of the trucks and all of the noise on Monday morning. Once the construction is over, I would not hesitate at all to stay at this property again.

Room Tip: The Junior Suite was large, modern and very comfortable
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
GM-LMDTS, General Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our charming hotel and guest service. I will be sure to share your great comments with the Team! Should your travels bring you back to the area, we hope to be your home away from home. Best Regards - General Manager

There are newer reviews for Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Front desk staff was very accommodating and upgraded our room to a junior suite as we were celebrating our anniversary. Glorious old hotel on a quiet street in uptown. Small but comfortable bar. Great breakfast, although they could have used more staff to wait on the tables.

• Stayed: June 2013
GM-LMDTS, General Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2013

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor! I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our front desk staff to be very helpful. I was disappointed to hear about your restaurant experience and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I will share your feedback with our team, so that we can look into the situation and prevent it from happening again in the future. We hope to welcome you back soon! Kind Regards -

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Hotel staff would not accept responsibility for mistakes and tried to blame hotels.com for everything. We paid for a king size room and were not told by male employee who checked us that we were downgraded to a queen size room but still at the same price as a king size room. Only discovered this when we got to the room.

After the hotel tried to blame its problems on hotels.com we sucked it up and settled in for the night. As predicted at 7 am the noisy construction started outside and we were woken up. If it wasn't for the construction, it would have been the phone. The phone rang and when picked up the other end hung up. When we left to checkout we didn't get asked "how was your stay?" Or even a "have a nice day, thank you for staying here." The hotel is in nice condition with comfortable accommodations but the staff and management is in need of a costly renovation!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
wdchotel, Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2013

Thank you for your recent review. I am sorry to see your stay was not as enjoyable as it could have been. I have passed your feedback on to the Management team for review and improvement. Thank you for taking the team to share your thoughts on your experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

My husband and I live in Richardson a close drive into the downtown Dallas area. We were looking for a spur of the moment getaway for the weekend. We like McKinney Ave, that has an Austin feel. We chose the Stoneleigh. The location was perfect walking distance to McKinney Ave. Nice sitting area outside that was ideal for relaxation. The lounge area is just beautiful and a comfortable place to enjoy a cocktail. Service was impecable from the valet to the house keeping. We had a king corner room on the 7th floor with a great veiw. The bed and linen were absolutely 5 star quality. If you are looking for a getaway on a quiet corner of Maple Street in Updown Dallas and like the activity of McKinney Ave. This is the place for you. Thank you Stoneleigh for your hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh!

Reviewed 20 July 2013

It was very easy to book on the website,and my room was nice clean and spacious . I stayed on the 6 th floor. The customer service is horrible however and I won't likely ever stay here again , it makes me sad because the spa was outstanding , and it made it convenient to stay overnight . My issue is no one seems to answer the phones here. I tried calling for room service for over 30 minutes and no one answered. I then tried the front desk, no answer, then the restaurant, same. I called the bar and the lady there said she would get room service to call me. No one called.
I then called the valet in an attempt to get a live person, but they could not transfer me.
Finally I went DOWNSTAIRS and found the clerks behind the front desk, and I asked to speak to a manager. The young lady informed me her phone was working fine and she didn't know why I couldn't get through. Se said she was room service scribbled my order down and have me a 10$ voucher card to give the server if and when he brings me my food .......still waiting . I am not a complainer and have never written an online review, but its pretty bad when you can't get anyone to answer the phone at a supposed 4 star hotel. I kind of felt the front desk gal was making light of it or implying I lied. Like the locale and spa though , sad I can't put this hotel among Starwood's best . Really tempted to call the manager and try and leave but I can't get anyone to answer the phone.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your response regarding your recent stay. I was happy to hear you enjoyed our wonderful Hotel Spa Services, however, I am extremely disappointed to hear of the problems you encountered during your stay. We take great pride in our 4-Diamond service and accommodations and this in no way represents our hotel. I will be sure to communicate your concerns with the Hotel Team. I truly hope the next time your travels bring you to the Dallas area, you will give us another opportunity to earn back your trust. Best Regards-

Reviewed 17 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at Le Meridien in April for events on the SMU campus. The hotel was a short drive to campus and also to downtown. We especially enjoyed running on the Katy Trail, which is very close to the hotel and is a popular paved running path.

The room was great--large, had high ceilings, and was well appointed. However we were slightly disappointed by the hotel itself. The hotel was a little sleepy while we were there, even though there is a small bar and restaurant. Since the hotel does not have a coffee bar we were hoping to find a nearby coffee shop. The staff was generally unhelpful and could not tell us where we might find a starbucks (this was my first time to Texas...maybe Starbucks is not a "thing" there). We also had issues with our room keys throughout our stay and room service tried to charge me an extra $10 on top of the delivery charge, gratuity, and sales tax...(great $25 bowel of
oatmeal).

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lizg89
wdchotel, Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Thank you for posting your feedback concerning your stay.

I was very dissapointed to see that your experience with us was not as it should have been. This kind of feedback is very important to us and I have passed your comments along to the management team to address these service opportunities.

We do hope you choose to come back to visit us at the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This hotel is an old-school architectural gem! The rooms are large and charming, with BIG tubs for soaking. The views are tremendous (try to get an outward facing room, as there is construction nearby which makes inward-facing rooms a bit noisy). The staff is prompt and polite. Breakfasts are good, and the service is prompt. There is a great lunch and dinner restaurant across the street (the Stoneleigh P) which is fantastic. I feel like I'm on vacation when I stay here. This is my first choice for downtown Dallas.

Room Tip: Choose an outward-facing room on a high floor and enjoy the leafy views of downtown Dallas.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent review. I am happy to see that you enjoyed the hotel.