Upon arrival, I was instantly impressed with the charming lobby, the front entryway, and the beautiful lighting above the bar in the lobby. Once I was in my room, I was also thrilled by the beaitful bathroom, tub, and spacious layout. All beautiful. Once I started to actually utilize different parts of the hotel, I noticed a few items were incredibly missed that would have been deal breakers for staying here.
1. The don't have a little store or anywhere to get needed items outside of a 10 minute walk. Want an evening snack, forget any necessities, time to walk. I wanted a glass of milk one night, and had to go down to their kitchen and pay $4. I waited outside the kitchen, where the person at the front desk told me to go, only to wait another 10 minutes for someone to come out. In the meantime, I heard all sorts of great and LOUD foul language coming from the kitchen. Some of it was from people that appeared to be in management, who then came out and politely took my money.
2. Plugs in the rooms are scarce. I found one that had any openings, and only the top one worked. I had to plug in my computer, and then my iron. The only other option was to unplug their light by the bed.
3. Quiet. The construction outside started before 6am. Seriously. I woke up early to get some work done, and heard the first dump of supplies before 6am. Interestingly enough, at 7am, I looked outside to see workers laying on the ground resting. Good thing I got up early or I would have been upset.
Overall, I very pleasant experience with the catering, the bartender was amazing, and the meeting rooms were incredible. The bedding was beautiful, and the wake up call was on time. I loved the huge tub and the shower was perfect. But, I'm not sure I would stay again. I want to be able to get a coke or a toothbrush if I need one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic and modern elegance are juxtaposed at the chic uptown location of Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh. This historic 1923 Art Deco building is steps from businesses, museums, boutique shopping, cutting-edge cuisine, and stimulating nightlife. Our harmonious spa indulges guests with rejuvenating experiences. Meetings and events are hosted with flair in 6,000 square feet of Dorothy Draper-designed space. In each of our 170 guest rooms and suites, warm cinnabar and charcoal color palettes blend modern amenities with custom mahogany and marble-topped furniture. Bathrooms feature sleek black-and-white Calcutta marble flooring and chrome fixtures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Stoneleigh Hotel Dallas
- The Stoneleigh Hotel And Spa
- Stoneleigh Hotel Dallas