“Beautiful room - awful windows and crooked valets”

Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh
Ranked #40 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
valley village, CA
“Beautiful room - awful windows and crooked valets”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This is hotel certainly looks very nice on the surface. The room was spacious, clean, with a wonderful bed and bathroom. However, after staying there for two nights, I am exhausted. The windows are original and look like they have never been replaced. They have thin glass and open cracks to the outside that let in EVERY noise from the street. The bars and restaurants across the street was active until 1 or 2am each night with a lot of loud music and shouting. I could even hear the music vibrating my bed! Every passing car sounded like it was right in my room and i was on the 7th floor!

Then to make matters worse, the valets are crooked. They intentionally failed to call a cab to take me to the airport (which would have cost only $18). Instead they apologized for the "mistake" and called me a cab. But instead of a cab, a towncar came who wanted to charge me double the amount. It was only when I refused that they called a cab (which took only 2 minutes to get there). Upon further research, I find that the towncar drivers are bribing the valets to "forget" to call for cabs. If I wasn't an experienced traveler, I might have fallen for this scam.

I understand when concierges get kickbacks for recommending restaurants. But presumably, you would still get a good meal. What I can't tolerate is when a hotel staff knowingly rips off their guests and lies about it.

There are a lot hotels in Dallas. So I can easily pick another hotel when I travel there and I advise all others to do likewise if you want to get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
wdchotel, Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh. I was dissapointed to see you did not enjoy your experience with us. I have passed your feedback on to the management team for review and improvement.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Kind Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Crestwood, Kentucky
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Staff was very nice, the room was nicely renovated, however they should have put in NEW windows and entry door to the room! Our room was on 4th floor and it was VERY NOISY! We could hear all the construction noise, vehicles passing on side and front street of hotel, even people talking outside on the street, not to mention how loud each airplane was that went over! All so loud, seem like all the windows were open! With the gap under the door you could hear all hallway traffic and talking. Ate breakfast one morning in the hotel restaurant, was terrible for the expensive price! I walked 1 mile each way to get doughnuts, water & snacks for next 4 days! (water 3.00 a bottle!) And with 95 degree temps in Texas..they have NO POOL! Not at all impressed! :(

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Lbrooks07
wdchotel, Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for your recent review of the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh. I was dissapointed to see you did not enjoy your experience with us.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Bexley, Ohio
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Upon arrival, I was instantly impressed with the charming lobby, the front entryway, and the beautiful lighting above the bar in the lobby. Once I was in my room, I was also thrilled by the beaitful bathroom, tub, and spacious layout. All beautiful. Once I started to actually utilize different parts of the hotel, I noticed a few items were incredibly missed that would have been deal breakers for staying here.

1. The don't have a little store or anywhere to get needed items outside of a 10 minute walk. Want an evening snack, forget any necessities, time to walk. I wanted a glass of milk one night, and had to go down to their kitchen and pay $4. I waited outside the kitchen, where the person at the front desk told me to go, only to wait another 10 minutes for someone to come out. In the meantime, I heard all sorts of great and LOUD foul language coming from the kitchen. Some of it was from people that appeared to be in management, who then came out and politely took my money.
2. Plugs in the rooms are scarce. I found one that had any openings, and only the top one worked. I had to plug in my computer, and then my iron. The only other option was to unplug their light by the bed.
3. Quiet. The construction outside started before 6am. Seriously. I woke up early to get some work done, and heard the first dump of supplies before 6am. Interestingly enough, at 7am, I looked outside to see workers laying on the ground resting. Good thing I got up early or I would have been upset.

Overall, I very pleasant experience with the catering, the bartender was amazing, and the meeting rooms were incredible. The bedding was beautiful, and the wake up call was on time. I loved the huge tub and the shower was perfect. But, I'm not sure I would stay again. I want to be able to get a coke or a toothbrush if I need one.

Room Tip: Make sure you have everything you need and are away from the construction.
Green Features: I have no idea if they use environmentally friendly practices.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent review of the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh. I was so pleased to see you enjoyed your experience with us! Thank you for sharing your feedback, I have passed this on the team for improvement.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We have young children and when we travel it is important to find a hotel that understands we need space. When booking our room, I asked for a Junior Suite but upon arrival was upgraded to the Presidential Suite on the top floor. Tons of space. incredible amenities. We essentially had the entire floor to ourselves. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly! We had everything we needed (and more)! Also enjoyed a drink from the bar - great service and with a cool modern vibe. Bed was really comfortable and the bathroom was huge and lavishly appointed with marble and rainfall shower. Located within walking distance of Dallas' finest restaurants and bars. We will definitely stay there any time we go to Dallas.

Room Tip: Highly recommend the presidential suite!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Eric H
GM-LMDTS, General Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Thank you for your great feedback! I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at our beautiful hotel and had time to explore the area. I will share your comments with the Team as they will be happy to know that you and your family enjoyed your well appointed guestroom and all the amenities the hotel has to offer . Should your travels bring you back to the area, we look forward to welcoming you back. All the Best! Kind Regards-GM-EB
Hutto
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I used a Livingsocial deal for my wife and I stayed here for one night on our way into town for a concert. Not one problem checking in still with a 3rd party registration of the room. Super friendly valet to the amazing front desk woman. I regret not getting her name, but she was great in suggesting area locations as well as telling us the nostalgic history of the building. Very cool and refreshing customer service! You can even go to the very top floor where they have the past owners penthouse opened up to look around and have a drink in your spare time. A neat touch! Our room was fantastic. Slight complaint was that they are building a building next door to the hotel, so there was some construction noise early. Nothing, turning the bedside ipod dock to a low music drown-out didn't fix though. The room is absolutely huge. Almost overwelming when you have to get up to go to the bathroom, but the 3 large windows staring at downtown Dallas more than make up for the trek. And who doesn't love space when traveling. A swiveling tv divider in the room and walk in closet makes me want to move in. Part of the history the amazing front desk person told us about is that the rooms were previously condos before renovation. Totally helps the place feel like home away from home. A great stay and I can't wait to get back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Adam P
wdchotel, Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Thank you for your recent review of the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh. I was thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay!

We hope to welcome you back soon.

France
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Not impressed in the least... After a long day of traveling I just wanted to stay in my room and watch Monday Night Football, have some room service and read my book... Room is way to dark to even attempt to read... 3 lamps with 25 watt bulbs... No reading lights no overhead lights... Room service menu is very limited, and the tv signal if off more than it is on... Big room but the bed is about 4 feet from the door and all of the hallway noise... I asked to change rooms saying that I was very dissapointed... Not possible, the best they could do was to bring me a brighter bulb... REALLY???

Room Tip: go to a different hotel...
Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank rmichaelkeating
Thank you for your recent review of the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh. I am sorry to see you did not enjoy your stay with us. I have passed your feedback on to the management team for research and improvement.

We hope to welcome you back soon!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 21 September 2013

The Le Meridien, Dallas-The Stoneleigh is one of the best hotels I've stayed while in Dallas. I've been to Dallas a dozen times in the past year and have stayed at other hotels. This is the first time at the Stoneleigh and I think I will be staying here for now on during my trips to Dallas!!! I was so amazed when I initially opened the door...the room was beautifully decorated!! I had to take pictures of the spacious room and I posted them on Facebook (I hardly do that!!) Thank you for the great stay! One drawback...$24 parking charge. Otherwise, it's worth the stay! Coming from San Francisco, this hotel really impressed me!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank SamB8892
GM-LMDTS, General Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you for your GREAT feedback. I am happy to know that you enjoyed our beautiful and spacious rooms. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and photos of our beautifully appointed guestrooms on Facebook and with friends. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return visits to Dallas. All the Best! GM-eb