This is hotel certainly looks very nice on the surface. The room was spacious, clean, with a wonderful bed and bathroom. However, after staying there for two nights, I am exhausted. The windows are original and look like they have never been replaced. They have thin glass and open cracks to the outside that let in EVERY noise from the street. The bars and restaurants across the street was active until 1 or 2am each night with a lot of loud music and shouting. I could even hear the music vibrating my bed! Every passing car sounded like it was right in my room and i was on the 7th floor!
Then to make matters worse, the valets are crooked. They intentionally failed to call a cab to take me to the airport (which would have cost only $18). Instead they apologized for the "mistake" and called me a cab. But instead of a cab, a towncar came who wanted to charge me double the amount. It was only when I refused that they called a cab (which took only 2 minutes to get there). Upon further research, I find that the towncar drivers are bribing the valets to "forget" to call for cabs. If I wasn't an experienced traveler, I might have fallen for this scam.
I understand when concierges get kickbacks for recommending restaurants. But presumably, you would still get a good meal. What I can't tolerate is when a hotel staff knowingly rips off their guests and lies about it.
There are a lot hotels in Dallas. So I can easily pick another hotel when I travel there and I advise all others to do likewise if you want to get a good nights sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic and modern elegance are juxtaposed at the chic uptown location of Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh. This historic 1923 Art Deco building is steps from businesses, museums, boutique shopping, cutting-edge cuisine, and stimulating nightlife. Our harmonious spa indulges guests with rejuvenating experiences. Meetings and events are hosted with flair in 6,000 square feet of Dorothy Draper-designed space. In each of our 170 guest rooms and suites, warm cinnabar and charcoal color palettes blend modern amenities with custom mahogany and marble-topped furniture. Bathrooms feature sleek black-and-white Calcutta marble flooring and chrome fixtures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Stoneleigh Hotel Dallas
- The Stoneleigh Hotel And Spa
- Stoneleigh Hotel Dallas