“I wouldn't bother if I were you” 1 of 5 bubbles

Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh
Ranked #39 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“I wouldn't bother if I were you”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed at this hotel on Fri 17th January. Arrived late evening and walked into a temporary reception where the person on reception was talking about his lack of food that day to his associate - and he didn't stop when we came in. Strike one. I thought I had come in the wrong door. Receptionists sitting at put up tables was odd, a hotel like this would surely have something better around somewhere? Anyhow, the guy swiped my husband's debit card, as is usual, in case we used any further facilities...we did not and I had paid for the room in full the day before via Hotels.com. We proceeded to our room which had a kitchenette beside it, in which was a cooker hood, but no stove there. Bed fine, except for wooden footboard which was hidden under the sheet and which we both injured ourselves on as you couldn't see it was there. Went on our night out. Fine, but had to walk to trolley stop in freezing temps as no hotel shuttle...in Dallas? Not impressed how they are handling their renovations, but this is not the problem although it does need a strike two.

The problem is that one week after our stay I was charged $334 by the hotel...for what? I rang the hotel twice and was put through to the accounts department and left messages with my phone number because there wasn't anyone there to take my call. I could not find an e mail address for the manager anywhere on the website but found one for one person who happened to be the accounts lady I believe. I received a generic e mail response from her which had nothing to do with the e mail I had sent her asking her to trace this strange charge. Upon hearing nothing,two days later, I e mailed her again asking if she had actually read my e mail.

Today I received a short apology, with no explanation for what happened, and was told the money will go back into the accouunt within 5-7 days. Well, thank you. Not everyone can afford for $300 to suddenly be taken from their account when it was not planned for. Strike three.This nearly made us overdrawn as it was right around payday. Why have I had to make calls and several e mails to sort this out and what on earth are they doing with our card details still active 7 days after we visited? Perhaps the manager will respond to me now? This was supposed to be a good memory for us before we relocate back to the UK. I wish we had just stayed somewhere cheap downtown, it would have been less hassle.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Esther W
wdchotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh. I was dissapointed to see that you did not enjoy your expreience with us. I do apologize if our renovations negatively impacted your experience. This work will be complete at the end of January.

With regard to the CC issue experienced, our hotel (as do many others) automatically authorize credit cards at check-in for a set amount of incidentals. When using a debit card, the bank will physically hold these funds for up to 10 business days from check-in and they are then released by the bank. I hope this answers your question with regard to this process and my apologies if that was not made clear before or after your experience. We will be sure to share this feedback with the managers here for improvement.

We do hope you will try us again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed here in January while traveling on business in Dallas. The hotel seemed very nice (althought the valet at night was a bit slow to get my car). Everything was under construction in the main lobby. I am not sure when the construction will be done, but until the construction is done,the hotel will be a mess.

The room was nice and clean. I am sure with my platimum status that I was given an upgraded room of some sort, but the room faced a busy street and the garbage trucks woke me up early in the morning. I am sure there are nicer rooms in the hotel, but likely those are saved for others without status at Starwood.

The bathroom was nice, the room was clean and spacious, the doors to the hall were thin and let through all the hallway noise. The HVAC was noisy, but livable.

I would consider staying here again once the renovation is completed, but probably not unitl the hotel is put back together.

Room Tip: Ask for one not facing a busy street and do not stay on the 2nd or 3rd floor.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh. I was pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize if our renovations negatively impacted your experience. This work will be complete at the end of January.

Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Birthday staycation, lovely 2 days planned. Valet though it was cold, was abrupt and short. No direction as to were to go since a good portion of the hotel is draped off for renovations. Again review has ALOT to do about the lack of service, not the renovations at all. Room is comfortable and roomy, amenities are abundant, bed comfortable. The whole "BE GREEN" in regards to the bulbs is crazy. ALL of the light bulbs had to be changed out because they would not stop flickering most of the night. THE one bright spot was the maintenance staff at night. They were aware of some of the rooms having the same problem, one even mentioned "these are new bulbs that were just replaced" Housekeeping not through at all. Stains on floors, wet wash cloths still on the floor, and trash not complete. Room service. Could you please find someone with experience in speaking and not talking over the guest. Order was wrong with the ice cream, burger was not cooked as requested, fries were dead on arrival, and the Coffee???? lets just say is was room temperature. From the previous responses left by the management of the hotel, I anticipate a detached, emotionless response. Its not if you encounter a issue, problem, the ISSUE is what does a person or company do when when a concern or problem happens, there is when you see the ability of a person, and the character of a hotel come out....well this hotel sadly, has no character, no warmth, depth, or any cause to care......at all. When the renovations are complete, one can only hope they do the same for the staff.

Room Tip: corner rooms overlooking maple are better.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
wdchotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh. I was dissapointed to see you did not enjoy your stay. I appreciate the detailed feedback you took the time to write and I apologies that these service issues negatively impacted your stay. I have forwarded this information on to the management team to be addressed.

We will be done with our renovations at the end of January and hope to see you back at The Stoneleigh to try us again.

Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

I will definitely stay at the Le Meridien again! Very convenient valet parking under canopy.
Friendly staff; from valet personnel to food-service attendants.
My fiance' and I booked this hotel at the last minute after travel plans changed.
The Customer Service we experienced was impeccable; from the phone-reservation to our "in-person" experience with everyone whom we encountered---up until to our departure!!
The atmosphere is quiet and upscale; yet homey.
We will be staying there as often as we can get away.
The rates are reasonable and there are plenty of great restaurants within the general vicinity. But, if you don't feel like getting out, just order up room-service which is what we did for most of our stay.
Great portions of food for the money if you decide to go with that option.
The Le Meridien is HIGHLY recommended!

Room Tip: I would ask for a corner room/suite which is what we had. It was spacious and separation of the liv...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yolanda R
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh! I was thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay.

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

My stay was for business. Worked nights and tried to sleep during the day. Hotel is under renovations which did not make for sleeping as they were hammer drilling on the outside near the room. Went to the workout room the display on the elliptical was not working right. They TV in the room was placed 20 feet from the bed which was hard to see although there was not much to choose from on the very basic channels unless you paid extra for other services and the charge for Wi-Fi was a little much as well! They offered a $5.00 a day coupon if I skipped daily room service to stay GREEN which they could not give me when I left because they did not have any of them to offer me. The only GREEN they got was from me!

Room Tip: Make sure the renovations are done!
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh. I was dissapointed to see you did not enjoy your experience. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback.

We do hope we will see you again soon.

Joliet, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed here with my husband while I was in Dallas for a couple work meetings and a little R&R. The hotel is being renovated and it appears it will be beautiful once all the work is complete. I appreciated the attention to detail in the room decor. The room itself was huge and featured both a sleeping area and a couch/seating area that was separated by a large console with a television that rotated. There was even a walk-in closet! Staff at the hotel were pleasant and helpful throughout our visit.

A few disappointments: Noise from the construction woke us up early on the first day, but was not really a problem the rest of the time. We agree with other reviewers who said the walls seemed very thin. Also, the wi-fi situation was confusing. We thought it was free, but saw a screen with a $15 per night charge, so we declined. Same goes for the parking fee, but I guess $24 per night wasn't too bad considering in Chicago the going rate is around $50 per night!

Jackson, TN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

I was very disappointed. This was supposed to be a upscale hotel. Instead they charged for Wi-Fi ($15/night) when other hotels provide for free, $24 per night parking, overpriced movies, and overpriced room service. Their was no concierge to help find restaurants. As recommended, I e-mailed the manager with my concerns and didn't receive the courtesy of a reply. The room was nice and large, but only had desk chairs, no comfortable chairs. When I asked for a cab, they told me to take a hotel limo which was "a little more than a regular cab". When I took a cab back it was half the hotel's cab fee. There are many more hotels in the downtown Dallas area and I recommend that you use one of them.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Texstud
wdchotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh. I was dissapointed to see you did not enjoy your stay. We are undergoing renovations to improve our space and I apologize if this work negatively impacted your stay.

I hope you will choose to try us again soon!