“A very nice quick stay.”

Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh
Ranked #37 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
seattle
“A very nice quick stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

I had an unexpected overnight in Dallas. I got a nice rate on the Hotel tonight app. The bed was very comfortable. The room was a nicely redecorated. I was very pleased with my stay. The only downside was the required valet parking with subsequent fee.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is a lovely hotel. Well located within easy access to downtown or the main highways. Very attractive and chic Lobby, restaurant, bar and guest rooms. The staff members that we interacted with were all extremely helpful and friendly. The room was spacious and well appointed with a very large closet and a modern bathroom. My only complaint would be the lack of a top sheet on the bed. There is a fitted sheet and a duvet with a cover. This might appear to save money in purchasing and washing top sheets but it actually forced us to turn the AC much lower than comfortable in order to be able to cover ourselves with the hot duvet. Bad idea. Our room was next to an elevator and we were bothered by the constant "ding" on the first night. After that we just turned the fan to the ON position and this created enough "white noise" to cancel out the outside noises. Otherwise it was a very enjoyable stay. We reserved the room at a rate much lower than the advertised rate so it was a very good deal.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the elevator which "dings" constantly.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
wdchotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh! I was so pleased to see you enjoyed your experience with us.

We hope to welcome you back soon!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I had a great romantic get away using my platinum points. Great job on the renovations in the lobby and rooms. Breakfast in bed was great!! but don't order the pancakes there are not that good for the $$.

Will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
wdchotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh!

I was so pleased to see you enjoyed your experience with us, we hope to welcome you back soon!

Kind Regards
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel one night after a mavericks game with my girlfriend. The hotel is pleasing to look at and the rooms are well-appointed and large. However, the customer service is absolutely terrible. Not one smile. No small talk. I felt like a burden to the front desk attendant.
Called about room service. No one knew the price for beer. The bartender asked me to repeat myself four times for "what are your beer prices?" No big deal but weird. Also was told alcohol was served til 2 am. Called at 1:20 and was told the bartender had already gone home!
A couple of days later I checked my bank account and noticed a charge for 92 dollars from this hotel. I had two beers from the mini fridge along with two small liquor bottles and a soda and orange juice. They charged me the fifty bucks for that as well so the 92 was extra and for nothing. Could have been an honest error I guess. I called their accounting office and they said it was an error, apologized, and credited it back to my account.
I've traveled all over the world and never had this happen once.
Four and a half star hotel? Yeah right! Non-existent customer service with overcharges to my credit card gets no stars from me.
Find a hilton or anywhere else.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank AustinTravelr
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh. I was dissapointed to see you did not enjoy your experience with us.

Thank you for taking the time to post this valuable feedback and we do hope you will choose to visit us again.

Oviedo, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Old hotels have a lot to offer such as spacious room space. This was the case here. The location is convenient to downtown. Shortcomings included little things that aggravated my stay; no top sheets, only bottom sheet with heavy comforter, one-shot at housecleaning- take it when they are ready or miss it for the day, no soft drink machines in the building, expensive parking- almost as expensive as the rental car itself. How about the shade in the bathroom that does not fully cover the window! A little uncomfortable getting out of the shower. Also, be prepared from noise from Love Field.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
wdchotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh. I was pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your stay but there were some service flaws that need improvement.

I have shared your feedback with our management team to rectify these issues.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us this valuable feedback.

We hope to see you back soon!
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

This hotel is undergoing changes while they transition from the Stoneleigh to Le Meridien, which is why I couldn't give it the 4 stars that I wanted to. The walkway to the lobby has some scaffolding, and the outside patio facing the street also looks like they're doing some construction. We've stayed at the hotel several times in the past, and always loved their stately and restored art deco glamour. Le Meridien is going for a decidedly more modern look, which is fine but just not as much my taste. This hotel is a landmark and used to have framed press clippings in the lobby of celebrity guests who have stayed here in the past. Elvis Presley, Katherine Hepburn, Judy Garland, Andy Warhol, Bob Hope, and many more have all stayed here. However, they seem to have removed all of those clippings in an effort to modernize the place. Seems like a shame to me, but I guess they're trying to put their mark on it.

Matthew at the front desk graciously upgraded us to a Junior Suite after we checked in and noticed that our first room seemed run down (the dresser was missing handles, etc..). The suite was beautiful and had a seating area that was separated from the bed by a dark wood dresser with a large flat screen tv.

The bar is a nice place to grab a drink with friends, and the lobby in general has a nice flow to it.

It's possible that this hotel will be as lovely as it was once the transition to Le Meridien is complete. However, I do think that they should notify guests that they are doing construction, and room rates should reflect this. For $270 a night, I expect more.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank beachycali
wdchotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to the survey. I was disappointed to see that our construction negativley impacted your stay. I have passed your comments concerning Matthew and your expereince on to the management team for research and improvement.

Thank you for providing us this valuable feedback. We hope that you will choose to return to see us and try us again.

Ginger
New York, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Got a great last minute deal at the Stoneleigh, perhaps due to the ongoing construction. Nevertheless, the hotel space was nice, rooms were a good size and it's at a convenient location in uptown. I was very happy to pay quite a bit less than ZaZa, Ritz...etc, and be in the same area at a nice hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for staying at the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh. I was thriled to see you enjoyed your experience with us!

We hope to welcome you back soon!