We chose to stay at the Stoneleigh for our anniversary last week, and had a very nice experience. I made our reservations through an online booking service that did not provide a ton of information. I sent an email to the hotel informing them of our visit and that it was our anniversary, and they confirmed the reservation and let me know what type of room we were booked in. Upon arrival, the front desk informed us that we had been upgraded to a junior suite at no additional charge. What a pleasant surprise! When we got to our room, there was a sweet treat waiting for us along with a note congratulating us on our anniversary and letting us know that we had been selected as the "guest of the day." We also received a voucher for a discount in the on-site restaurant - Graze. This was a very nice gesture, and much appreciated!
Some parts of the hotel (exterior) look to still be under renovation, but this did not affect our visit in any way. The hotel and room were very pretty, and definitely upscale. I loved the updated art-deco style, and the bathroom was very vintage chic. Nice deep Kohler tub with tile surround, and pretty marble hexagon tiles on the floor. It was strange that the bed had no top sheet. There was only a fitted sheet, and then a duvet encased in a white sheeting cover. We were too warm with the duvet pulled up, and too cold without it. It would have been nicer if there was a top sheet and lighter blanket on the bed along with the duvet. Housekeeping probably could have brought us an additional sheet or blanket if we had asked, but by that time we were half asleep and couldn't wake up enough to deal with it.
We did eat breakfast in the restaurant the next morning. The buffet was okay, but I think it would have been better to order off the menu, as the food loses some of its quality sitting in the chafing dishes for any period of time.
All in all, we really enjoyed our stay, and hope to return again soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic and modern elegance are juxtaposed at the chic uptown location of Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh. This historic 1923 Art Deco building is steps from businesses, museums, boutique shopping, cutting-edge cuisine, and stimulating nightlife. Our harmonious spa indulges guests with rejuvenating experiences. Meetings and events are hosted with flair in 6,000 square feet of Dorothy Draper-designed space. In each of our 170 guest rooms and suites, warm cinnabar and charcoal color palettes blend modern amenities with custom mahogany and marble-topped furniture. Bathrooms feature sleek black-and-white Calcutta marble flooring and chrome fixtures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Stoneleigh Hotel Dallas
- The Stoneleigh Hotel And Spa
- Stoneleigh Hotel Dallas