“Best Indian fare”
Review of Mumbai Grill

Mumbai Grill
Ranked #676 of 4,165 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Description: We are a Fine Indian Cuisine with Verities of North Indian Food and Curries.
Reviewed 17 February 2018

I love Indian food but I'm very picky about how I like it prepared. That being said, I haven't been to many Indian restaurants that fit the bill for what I expect Indian food to be. This cozy little restaurant fulfilled my hunger for the triad of spicy, sweet, and creamy. The small buffet at lunch serves up more variety than your eyes perceive. The chutneys' are just perfect. Naan is served warm and fresh at your table. The waiter is always a couple feet near, making sure to give you a luxurious experience. It was a great lunch for a good price in a lovely atmosphere.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Indian food lovers will like what they order however their BYOB policy will dismay those who regularly visit most local Indian restaurants that are BYOB. Mumbai charge a corkage fee of $25.00 per bottle. That is way out of line in the DFW area. The food is very good but it is not the best in Dallas. India Palace is well acknowledged as the best in Dallas for its food, service and elegant decor.

I do want to add that the Mumbai have a very reasonably priced full bar service.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

We’ve been eating at Mumbai Grill every other week for the last few months. As other people said, this is the BEST Indian restaurant in Dallas. We’ve eaten at a dozen Indian restaurants in Dallas (in addition to dozens in California, India and M’sia). Their Lamb Korma is the best korma we’ve had, but their Goat/Lamb Madras is even better! They can adjust their spice level from mild to Indian spicy, so if you want authentic Indian spice level, you can get it here. Many people order the buffet, which is good, but we really like to order off the menu because everything we've had is so flavorful. Some dishes (and chai) don't come right away because they prepare everything from scratch. We used to frequent Afghan Grill in the same location, but never saw many people there. Mumbai Grill has proven that good food can overcome a not-so-good location.

1  Thank GlobalKuidaore
Reviewed 17 August 2017

We had a party of six which they accommodated quite well. The menu has a wide variety of selections. The food was very tasty. The servers were very helpful in making selections and describing the menu. The menu is a la carte and therefore rather expensive. The entrees are between $13-$15 and then if you want rice, sides, bread, etc. they are separate. Also, the servers were quick to take our orders, but were rather slow in bringing the food to the table and then bringing the check. I would definitely return because of the quality of the food, but when factoring in the price and speed of service I am not sure I would return.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Met with friends here today to celebrate a birthday. What a terrific experience! The restaurant is elegant and very clean. White table cloths and beautiful faux cut glass stemware. We all had the buffet and thank goodness the waiter was near to tell us what each dish was on the buffet.

We each sampled a taste of everything and it was fabulous.

The service was top notch... water glasses filled quickly, empty plates removed, fresh bread delivered to our table and the wait staff was very pleasant and accommodating.

We will return!

Been to Mumbai Grill? Share your experiences!