“Excellent Hotel, decent rooms”

Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria
Ranked #9 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
“Excellent Hotel, decent rooms”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This hotel was excellent in every aspect, except the rooms. And it's not that there was necessarily anything wrong with them; they just felt tight and cramped. The lobby and reception area were really nice, the workout facility is excellent, and the pool area is really nice. No problems with finding parking, though be prepared to pay about $10/day. There are shuttles to and from the Galleria if you enjoy shopping. The location isn't bad, right at an intersection of the service road. There are a few decent restaurants around, but if you're staying for any extended period, you'll likely have to start driving to find more restaurants, or at least walk a few blocks. Internet speed was okay, but not great.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My recent business trip was delayed due flights which prevented me for arriving into Dallas as scheduled. Having a guaranteed hotel reservation, and being after cancellation time I contacted the hotel property to let them know of my travel delay, and that I would be arriving the next day instead. The hotel staff was very accommodating changing my reservation without penalty, and helped elevate my stress from that day. My arrival was equally impressive, as I was upgraded to the Concierge Floor, found my room to be well appointed, super clean , and comfortable too! The work desk at Marriott's are large and allow me to be super productive when working in my room which is always a plus! The Concierge Lounge was wonderful as well, featuring great hot foods in the evening as well as breakfast! This property strives to take wonderful care of its guests and it showed through out my stay! As a Marriott Platinum guest , I have come to select Marriott's as they always deliver what they promise major "road warriors" and this property did this and then some! Well done Dallas Addison Marriott, well done! Be back again soon!

Room Tip: Book or ask for a Concierge Floor Room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Amy H, Manager at Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you so much for the great feedback. Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott! We look forward to your next visit.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I did not have high expectations, and at least it was a clean room. When I checked in, no offer to take my bags to my room. You had to even call for a shower cap and robe. I was attending a conference so really had to stay there. The pool and workout facilities were out, but no advanced notice was given. I will never "choose" this one!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Amy H, Manager at Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey, we value your feedback. We are sorry that your stay did not exceed your expectations. While we understand the refresh of our pool and fitness center can be frustrating, we do provide all our guests complimentary passes to the 24 hour fitness center next door so that our guests may enjoy both their indoor pool and full work out facility. Again, thank you for providing our team with this feedback so that we may improve our guests experiences going forward.
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I just spent a week at the Dallas Marriott Quorum. The staff is very attentive and the lobby is very nice, but I just wouldn't stay there again. I couldn't get the room cool enough for my satisfaction. I switched rooms and despite putting the thermostat at 60, the room never got below 70 or 72. On top of that, the hotel closed the pool and gym for renovation with absolutely no word. Seems as though it's going to be closed until Mid-Sept. Very disappointing. The web sites has no notification....http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-information/fitness-center/dalqc-dallas-addison-marriott-quorum-by-the-galleria/

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Amy H, Manager at Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are very sorry that your stay was not up to your expectations. We will work hard with our engeering team to ensure that rooms are in perfect working order, there is no excuse for AC not to be fully functional in all of our rooms.

We understand the renovation process can be frustrating, we are offering our guests complimentary fitness and pool passes to the 24 hour fitness across the street as an alternative option.

We hope you will come back and visit us again to enjoy our new refreshed facilities.

Warm Regards,

Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for a business meeting in early May. The facilities were top notch. The staff was available to answer any questions and make sure that all of our needs were taken care of in a timely manner. We had seven meals while at the conference. The food was outstanding. My initial plans called for me to leave on a Thursday, but my flight was cancelled. Upon my return to the hotel, staff went out of their way to make sure I had emergency provisions (my checked bag had not been returned for the night), and assisted me in getting to a local store via their shuttle to buy what I needed. What was a difficult experience was made much easier by the friendly and attentive staff. I plan on returning to Dallas in the future and will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Nikita H, Manager at Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am very happy to hear that your experience at our property was a great one! We take great pride in ensuring all functions run flawless from beginning to end and I am thrilled that you were happy from our facilities to our delicious food. We look forward to welcoming you back soon! Travel Brilliantly, Nikita.
Mission Viejo
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel 2 times in the last 4 weeks because the location was really great for my meetings. The staff is friendly the lobby and bar area are very nice. The beds are comfortable and the room is clean. I did however have an issue with noise. The first stay I was near an ice maker and it was really loud, The 2nd stay I asked for a quiet area and again it was pretty loud.The rooms really need to be updated you can tell the age of the hotel. The room service was polite but I had clod coffee and my eggs were not cooked the way I ordered them. Also, the garage stole my money and I had to come to the front office to get a receipt and was told that the guy was not there yet but they did finally just give me a valet ticket for a receipt. I will be looking at other hotels in the area for my next stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Amy H, Manager at Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am very happy to hear that your experience with our staff was great. We understand that there are areas of the hotel including the parking garage system that need updating. I am happy to inform you that we will have our guest rooms, pool, and meeting space refreshed this year. We have already ordered the new parking garage system that should be installed very soon.

We hope that you will come back and see us soon as your business is important to us.

Travel Brilliantly,

Zaragoza
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I have stayed in this Hotel for a long time, the area around it has changed so much it's almost difficult to remember that the hotel was almost alone some 30 years ago...One thing has not changed the service from the staff is still Top Grade. The area is surrounded by for than 50 restaurants within walking distance. It's very well connected. There's also shopping very close by.
But best of it, is using the hotel amenities, gym, pool, lobby bar, all very good! Breakfast is extremely good and the staff and cooks are awesome!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter, facing the pool.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Nikita H, Manager at Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am very happy to hear that your experience continues to be a good one with our staff was great. We are very lucky to be in such a great little area! I am happy to inform you that we will be refreshing a lot of your favorite amenities this year, for a greater experience next time you join us. Travel Brilliantly, Nikita.