“Nice hotel in a good Area”

Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria
Ranked #13 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Nice hotel in a good Area”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Nice Hotel in a good Area. All the staff in the Hotel are super helpful and very friendly. There is a street , walking distance full of good restaurants and bars actualy the whole area. And the Hotel has a shuttle service to the Mall. Galleria is close by.
The gym is ok, good enough for a run and a few weights. The pool is being renovated. The rooms are ok, the bed is good, lots of pillows. The rooms can use a facelift, wear and tear starts to show.
Lobby area and bar are nice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Forget temporary renovation, this hotel is phenomenal! I had 2 business meetings here this year. Top notch service and delicious food. What separates this hotel from others is the friendly staff and high quality service. Great job. I will definitely be back.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Brown-Li
San Diego, California
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here a couple weeks ago for a business trip. To may dismay as a Platinum member, this is by far one of the out dated marriotts I've stayed. Like the one in LAX airport. I was very disappointed with the room quality. When I walked in my room, the carpeting has shown its age. And somehow housekeeping didn't do a thorough clean up. I found a dirty hand towel when I opened the window curtains. This is when I just checked in. That was disgusting! The bathroom reminds me of a Residence Inn look. Very cramped in it. Even the concierge lounge felt cramped. You have to excuse yourself just to get to your table or to the stool. And why do they blast so much AC in the room? At least point that vent sideways instead of pointing it down. And how come they do not serve boiled eggs? The majority of the marriotts I have stayed do. Even in Japan and HongKong they served boiled eggs. The staff though was very friendly at the concierge lounge and at the front desk. The lobby looked inviting but I didn't spend time in that area because it was always packed with aspiring journalists-teenagers. The parking was great and the location was perfect with all the restaurants around and with 24hrs Fitness within walking distance. Hope they do a better job in the renovation since the pictures in the website are deceiving. The hallways need new carpeting. And please clean the emergency stairs. Since I was a floor below the concierge lounge, I just used the stairs since the elevators were very busy. To my disgust, I saw dead roaches and the stench is almost unbearable.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Basconj
Amy H, Manager at Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay with us. We understand that our hotel is dated and we are currently in the process of renovating our hotel. We hope you will come back and enjoy our hotel as it will be very modern and elegant.

Warm regards,

Amy
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The pool and fitness center were closed for renovation, the room was really nothing to write home about and even though I went to a conference where participants that didn't stay at this hotel got free parking, I had to pay for it. The staff was friendly and truly tried to be helpful but I couldn't help but think I was getting a notsogood deal (and this stay was NOT worth half the money I paid, sorry). It is close to many things but be careful walking on the busy streets.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not over the construction- they are still using these rooms and it's not restf...
Green Features: They do have recycling on each floor for paper, plastic and bottles.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Amy H, Manager at Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor! We are sorry that you were disappointed with our renovation process & that our pool and fitness center were closed. Our front desk has complimentary passes to the 24 hour fitness next door for all of our guests to enjoy both their gym and pool. We will even shuttle you there 24 hours per day. We hope that you come back and see us once our hotel refresh is completed in September to enjoy our brand new hotel!

Thank you!
Lightwater Uk
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The location is either great or not so great depending on your needs. Located right by a busy freeway, it gives access for travellers, but sadly means it not the quietest of hotels to stay in.
The staff however are lovely and welcome you with true Texan hospitality. My room was a good size and well decorated, the bed large and comfy. The bathroom was excellent, lovely bath and shower with nice quality toiletries supplied. There is a good pool area, great for kids and adjacent to that a fitness centre with the latest machines. I was really impressed by the quality of the gym equipment, so many times this lets hotels down, but not here. Overall, somewhere I can easily recommend.

Room Tip: Avoid a room overlooking the freeway.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I called the hotel directly to make a reservation and they confirmed the reservation.Great hotel and very helpful staff, especially Mr Parker (front desk supervisor) who went an extra mile to make the necessary arrangements prior to my arrival and even after that he make sure I've got everything I need, true to the Marriott standards.Rooms were very comfortable and clean and had all the fittings and facilities one could reasonably expect, comfortable beds (single, double, queen) and Starbucks in the lobby.The buffet breakfast was of a high standard, as well as room service.The hotel is highly recommended for those who have easy access to means of road transportation.There is a shuttle bus to Galleria shopping mall and some other shops.. at Galleria you can rent a car in Hertz office, if you need one.All in all very pleasant experience.Thank you..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Waxahachie, Texas
Reviewed 11 July 2014

You don't have to be a king to be treated like one -- just stay at the Marriott Quorum, especially if you run into Blair Parker at the front desk. They are all absolutely fantastic, and are very accommodating.

We stayed there for KaboomTown!, and it was an excellent choice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Nikita H, Manager at Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We strive on going above and beyond and we are glad Blair and the rest of our team accomplished that for you! Hope to see you again very soon.

Nikita