“Great place to stay”

Grand Hyatt DFW
Ranked #1 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 January 2013

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt DFW for two nights and absolutely enjoyed our time there. We both love airplanes and enjoyed being smack on the side of the runway. Our room was facing the runway and we were able to watch planes come and go all day/evening long. The rooms have huge windows so the view is great. Being that close I would have thought that we would hear some noise but I am happy to say that we barely could hear a thing. The rooms are modern and comfortable. The bathroom was big and had a shower as well as a tub. The beds were very comfortable. Our room was always cleaned well and our toiletries were restocked. We ordered room service one evening and it was very good. We did not try the breakfast so I can't comment on that. We tried the pool on the rooftop once. It is small but enough if you just want to dip in. The gym looked very clean and well stocked with towels.
We did come into town by car and were able to park our car in the garage. The ticket for the toll around the airport was validated by the hotel and that worked well.
The service was good, we never had any issues. We definately would come back!!!!

Room Tip: Definately get a room towards the runway
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SarahTX

Reviewed 10 January 2013

My family and I stayed here on an overnight layover flight into DFW. The rooms were large, beds very comfortable. Bathroom had a huge walk-in shower. Very modern, well taken care of hotel. Very convienient if you are flying out on an international flight with American Airlines, since the hotel is located in Terminal D. The spa upstairs was great. The outdoor pool was a disappointment, but we arrived late so we probably wouldn't have used it anyway. The planes did not bother us and the draw down blinds weren't needed as a noise filter.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeff H
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I stayed at DFW as my flight got cancelled and I needed a place to stay a night. It is conveniently located, easy access to terminals. The room was spacious, but amenities were not working properly. One of the bedside lamp did not work, so as the main control switch for lights and curtains at bedside. The time on alarm clock was not correct, and I was not able to fix that I was not able to use it. The heater was not working properly either, and as it was snowing at Dallas at that night, the room was really cold. I would expect a little more maintenance for the price they charge.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Lonnie-Sally
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Located at Terminal D and I booked 1 night prior to a flight departure. Terminal Transfer bus dropped me off at door. Excalator to reception with carry on a bag to check was easy. Reception was swift, accurate and professional in check in process. Room was immaculate, well equipped (you have to ask for coffee machine of you want one) and modern, better yet all features were fully functional. Bed I found comfortable and room service prompt and good quality if a little pricy. Room service menu order function on TV was so much better than trying to order over telephone at other hotels with semi-English speaking staff.

I found WiFi expensive and did not use it, in this day and age it should be free especially given the price of the hotel and that cheaper hotels can provide free WiFi. It hurts the brand and gives an impression of being nickel and dimed.

Check out was as smooth as check-in. I would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank private1_90732
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Excellent hotel at the airport. New and luxury rooms, wonderful bathroom, very comfortable bed, and very good service. Spent a night because of an early flight not expecting much and exceeded my expectations. Highly recommended and it worth the extra money you pay in comparison to the other Hyatt hotel also located at the airport.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Stranded at DFW due to weather delays, I turned to the Grand Hyatt. Based on an exceptional stay in December 2011, expectations were running high. Once again, the Grand Hyatt delivered.

Dismay turned to delight upon boarding the escalator. The brief journey to the lobby is truly transformational – it whisks you from a harried, frantic airport space to a calming lobby oasis. I made the reservation online just a few seconds earlier, and the front desk associate already had it in the system. When I say a few seconds, it was literally a few seconds. The hotel is about 10 yards from airport security, so it could not be any more convenient. I inquired about a runway view, and he was more than happy to oblige. In fact, he offered two different room types. I selected the two queen beds because of the superior view.

The rooms are luxurious. The smart technology cued the window shades as I entered the room. Speaking of technology, the bed side control panel allowed me to adjust the room temperature and lights. One of the buttons was not working, so fortunately the manual on/off switch was within reach. The flat screen television was standard, and there were over 60 available cable channels. The bathroom was spacious and elegant. The darker tiles coupled with the standalone, glass shower generate a classy vibe.

I dined at the Grand Met on two different occasions – light dinner and breakfast. The dinner entrees are quite expensive at +$40, but there are excellent soup, salad, and appetizer options at a more reasonable prices. The server was attentive and apologetic when the appetizer arrived after a half-hour after the soup. Breakfast the next morning was efficient. The menu offers traditional and Texas favorites.

Overall, the Grand Hyatt turned disappointment into delight. Well, I shouldn’t go that far, as it was a forced layover at DFW. Nevertheless, this continues to be a first-rate hotel. I just hope that my next stay here is a planned one, so I can truly enjoy this grand hotel.

Pros: Luxurious rooms, steps from airport security

Cons: Most expensive hotel at DFW but worth every extra dollar

Room Tip: Calling all airplane aficionados - request a high floor, runway view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank scl44
GrandHyattDFW, General Manager at Grand Hyatt DFW, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2013

We're sorry that travel woes brought you to us, but we are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

For quality assurance, we'd like to look into the malfunctioning bedside touchscreen; please check your TripAdvisor inbox.

Again, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Happy Travels,
Lance Marrin

Reviewed 30 December 2012

Stayed one night when our connection couldn't be made. Beautiful room, oh so comfortable bed and pillows, and awesome to wake up for an early morning flight and just take the escalator down one floor and be in the terminal.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family