“Great place to stay while connecting ”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Grand Hyatt DFW

Grand Hyatt DFW
Ranked #1 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great place to stay while connecting ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is extremely convenient. It is literally steps away from the checkpoint and it is super clean. The staff is very friendly and the restaurant is great. Pretty much anything you order is great, from the salad dressing to dessert.
It is worth the few extra dollars from the Hyatt on the other side of the airport.
In a few words, it is worth the money for service, appearance, and convenience.

Stayed December 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Korean first
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

This Hyatt is very nice. Rooms are elegant, beds are wonderful. Shower was a little odd with no door, almost fell on wet floor (where the towel didn't cover). It's really one of the best price hotels if you want to be close to DFW airport or get stuck at airport for weather. They have airline monitors in the lobby with gate and time info. Shuttle runs constantly. I've stayed at both of their airport hotels. Both are great but this one is a little nicer. If I'm just passing thru for the nite, I always stay at the Hyatt. Staff is very friendly.

Room Tip: All rooms seem good to me.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Statham, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

I didn't have the pleasure of staying here but I visited the spa, which was very quiet and comfortable. I got a coconut lime scrub and massage from Elvira and she was A-mazing!! The spa was so private and quiet I could have slept in the chairs. All the amenites you need to shower, everything.
Fitness center and pool too. I did relax in the steam room. Next time I won't just visit the spa I will book a room here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rebecca M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel amazing service rooms are clean and the hotel is just simply lovely. Food was great this is a great hotel for any event, meeting, or even just for layovers. They turned what was a very long horrible day into a great day! I will defiantly return to this hotel

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

My experience at the Grand Hyatt was so good that I almost want to get stuck in Dallas so I can stay there again. The location alone makes this the best hotel in the surrounding area. But instead of getting lazy and coasting along on the stream of weary passengers and airline employees, you can tell the staff and management are working to make it not just a good airport hotel, but a good hotel overall.

In truth, my opinion of this hotel is influenced by the fact that I love watching planes take off and land, and that I got upgraded to a suite overlooking the runway. My jaw dropped when I walked into my room: I was facing a wall-to-wall window and the curtains were automatically opening. Same thing in the bedroom, and I was shocked to see that I had a bedroom because I had no idea I got an upgrade. I felt like I won the lottery. Both rooms were huge with amazing views. All of the lights (and curtains) were automated and could be adjusted to bright or ambient lighting. Everything was immaculate and the furniture and tvs looked new. And the bathroom! Gorgeous. And clean -- the separate bathtub looked so nice that I just had to use it. My hotel room was actually perfect. Despite the fact that it was basically situated between elevators and runways, there was hardly any noise.

Everyone I interacted with was friendly, especially the woman who answered my call for room service. The Grand Hyatt really made me feel comfortable. I'd say it felt like home, but my home's not as nice!

Room Tip: If you'll be there during daylight, ask for a room overlooking the runway because the views are...
Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Adelaide
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Was forced to stay here 1 night after my flight home was delayed by 24 hours. Cannot comment on the "value" as it was covered by the airline. But the room was so spacious clean and comfortable it made me almost forget about the situation. I had a delectable dinner and breakfast and one of the est nights sleeps away from home ever. If I needed to stay close to the airport in DFW I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt because of the potential of snow and otherwise bad weather which had caused the cancellation our flight to Honolulu. Staying at the hotel would avoid the potential mess of driving to the airport in the morning.
We were able to get a AAA hot rate of 159 so we left the evening before our flight. Check in was easy and there was a station of home baked cookies (white chocolate chunk and cranberries- YUM)by the conceige desk!
When we opened the door to the room we were surprised by the wonderful ceiling to floor windows equipped with automated shade and black out shades. The room was well appointed too. The bathroom was blank marble and granite with a separate tub and shower. The bedding was comfortable too. However, the pillows were too soft for me. When we got up there was no pressure to get to the airport and we leisurely took the skytram to our gate. I'd highly recommend this hotel and would most definitely stay here again.
The hotel has two restaurants with good menus for dinner (lobster macaroni rocks!) as did the angus hamburger. The breakfast was also very good. I'd get the chiliquilles again or the Apple French toast.
Enjoy!!