“Fantastic Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lubbock, Texas
“Fantastic Hotel”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is my second stay at this property, and I have a reservation at the end of the month as well. This is arguably the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at. Stunningly beautiful rooms, especially the bathrooms, very spacious and comfortable. The staff is a class act and are some of the best I have ever seen. Restraint and bar are great as well, again with excellent staff. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting the luxury hotel experience without the high price. Very well done, Grand Hyatt DFW

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
GrandHyattDFW, Director of Sales at Grand Hyatt DFW, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
We are proud to receive 5 stars from a frequent traveler. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's great to hear you enjoy our rooms (bathrooms!) and amenities. We look forward to your upcoming visit. Safe travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I spent a night at this hotel to attend a meeting for work. It is a really nice airport hotel.

If you don't have any check-in baggage to claim, you can get to it from your arrival gate via the Skylink (airport terminal train) which takes you to the D gate terminal. Signs are clearly marked telling you where to go.

These are the things I like about the hotel:

Good sized rooms with contemporary decor
Nice, smooth bed linen with high thread count
Down pillows
Comfortable bed
Large bathroom with separate tub and shower
Service was efficient and prompt
Top floor indoor gym-open 24 hrs
Rooftop outdoor pool
Free wifi ( pay $5 more and you get the faster speed needed to download movies ).
Nice view of the DFW airport runway
Electronically controlled lights, shades and blinds
Flat screen TV with Internet surfing capability

My main complaint is that the shower has a water conserving shower head that does not quite expel as much water as I would like it to. I have to stay under the stream of water longer just to get all the soap out. This is not a game changer, just a little annoyance that is easily overcome by all the other pluses.

The regular wifi speed (free) was fast enough for surfing the web, checking emails and downloading YouTube videos.

Even though it is close to the airport runway, I did not hear any significant noise from the planes taking off or landing. I slept soundly throughout the evening.

Overall, it is one of the best airport hotels I've stayed in. I would not hesitate to go back in the future.

2 Thank tagliacozzimd
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while on business. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was great to see you highlight many of the room amenities we include. We look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to DFW.
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I flew into Dallas for a business trip. The Grand Hyatt DFW is—first of all—convenient for business travelers. I took the airport shuttle from terminal E to the hotel in terminal D, gate 22 and, after a long day of travel, the Grand Hyatt DFW was an oasis.

I arrived after midnight and was welcomed warmly and efficiently. The rooms in this hotel are large and extremely well-appointed. Modern decor with fun details. The shades raise automatically when you enter the room, and the television turns itself on and welcomes you with your name on the screen. There is a separate tub and shower in the expansive bathroom, and everything is immaculate. Very clean. Comfortable bed, of course, with controls for the lights, room temperature, and lights right there on the bedside table.

The fitness center and spa on the ninth floor, are what you'd expect in an executive fitness center, with strength and cardiovascular machines, towels, headphones, and the most up-to-date equipment. Just outside the fitness center is the rooftop pool, with many lounge chairs, as well as large tables and chairs.

The service at this hotel is outstanding. Whatever you need, just ask. Each person I encountered was friendly and helpful.

Our meeting room (suite 716) was absolutely perfect (felt as if we were in mission control in a Star Wars movie). We had some of our meals served to us in that room, and the food was incredible, as was the service. Again, every detail was considered. Truly exceptional service and accommodations.

The only thing I would change, on my return trip, would be to request a room that doesn't face the parking garbage. I kept the sheers drawn over the window so I didn't feel as if I was on display. I was in room 321. A room on the same side of the hotel, but a higher floor, would have been a better option.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a floor that's higher than the parker garage.
1 Thank Deidra R
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay as a guest and as a meeting attendee. Out meeting suites are designed with business travelers in mind. We are glad you found the whole experience "top-notch." We will share your compliments with the team. Thank you!
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was stuck in Dallas as I missed my connection, and had to overnight there. The Grand Hyatt had a room that was <$200 per night, and is incredibly convenient to get to - right at Terminal D. The room was huge, very well appointed, and a really nice bathroom. Fantastic property, 5 star level, and at an awesome price. Slept really well, very comfortable bed. Only problem is that they dont have a coffee maker in the room. But, ordered coffee in the morning (french press), and it was fantastic. Came up within 10 minutes, and, some of the best coffee I have had in a long time. Come free with an orange smoothie that was just super. Definitely would recommend this hotel if you are stuck like i was, or, even if you are going to Dallas for a quick trip, and are visiting or flying out of the DFW area. I will definitely be there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
GrandHyattDFW, Director of Sales at Grand Hyatt DFW, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
We know it can be hard when you miss your travel connections. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, even if it was unscheduled. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. On your next visit feel free to request a coffee maker in-room (however the French Press coffee service is great as you noted!)
Orlando
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

This is a really good airport hotel. It is super convenient for coming, going or meetings. The rooms are newly renovated and I found them to be very comfortable and stylish. The workout room is big and has a good view of the runways. The hotel restaurant was nice and the bar was lively. I would recommend this hotel as a nice place to stay. You do get some runway noise, but it isn't too bad. One tip, first floor rooms literally have zero view. Don't accept a first floor room if you care a bout the view at all.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for sharing your tips with other travelers. We are pleased you enjoyed your room, the StayFit fitness center and the Grand Met lounge and restaurant. We hope to see you again on your next trip through DFW.
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I would definitely recommend the Grand Hyatt at the DFW airport. The rooms are very confortable and the food is great. If you meeting is near the airport this is your best choice. Excellent breakfast buffet!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate international traveler's input. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the hotel and restaurant during your business trip. We hope to see you again at DFW.
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed at both of the DFW airport hotels, and if you want convenience, then this is the place. It is actually inside the airport. Don't confuse this with the Hyatt Regency which is not in the terminal. I made that mistake once and it was a big one. Very convenient to just get off your plane and go to your room, and then get up in the morning and walk back to your gate. It is a bit pricey, but it is a nice hotel and the convenience cannot be ignored. The food and service is good, and after a long flight or if you have a early flight AM, not to have to fight traffic, again, you can't beat the convenience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
GrandHyattDFW, Director of Sales at Grand Hyatt DFW, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate it when locals stay with us. As you said, the convenience cannot be beat, coming or going through DFW. We are just an escalator ride away in Terminal D.