“You forget you are in an airport!”
Review of Grand Hyatt DFW

Grand Hyatt DFW
Ranked #2 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Red Deer, AB
“You forget you are in an airport!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Once you get up the escalator you wouldn't know you are in an airport. Then when you walk in the room and the curtains open automatically, the music starts playing and the tv has a personal greeting you feel like you are in the lap of luxury. The rooms are extremely spacious for an airport hotel. The staff are very pleasant and willing to help. Our conference was in the hotel and the facilities were excellent. Can' t beat the location for a quick 2 day conference.

Room Tip: Get the upgrade if available
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank shell154
GrandHyattDFW, Director of Sales at Grand Hyatt DFW, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed the convenience of our meeting space for your business travel needs. Many guests have also told us that you forget you are in an airport, and we take that as a big compliment. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Korean first
Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This hotel is located attached to the international terminal (Terminal D). You park at the terminal D parking garage and walk right in to the hotel. Immediately to your left as you walk in is Terminal D. If you stay at least one night you get 7 free days parking ($140 value). We live a 3 hour drive away from Dallas, so we often have occasion to spend one night there (either before departure or after returning).

Their bar has good drinks and excellent bar food (have not tried the restaurant). Our room (415) was very spacious and allowed us to watch the planes take off and land with no sound issues. I like the high tech switches that allow multiple functions, including control of all lights as well as the thermostat, without getting out of bed. Very clean rooms and a comfortable bed. Unusually roomy bathrooms.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aggieal
Thank you for mentioning our Park, Sleep, Fly package. For those driving into the airport for business or leisure travel, the 7 days of parking included in this package is a great reason to come early and get a good night's sleep before a flight out.
Montgomery, AL
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The Grand Hyatt’s location makes it very convenient for catching early morning planes as the elevator from the lobby goes directly down to the security area from which you can reach other terminals easily via the Skylink train. The room I had was impressive—very spacious and quite well equipped with a variety of electronic controls to include convenient locations for raising and lowering the light screens and blackout curtains over the big windows that look out over the runways (on one side) or the airport and more distant runways (on the other side). My view looking west was quite delightful. Everything about the room was first rate. My only complaint was the lack of coffee making in the room. It is baffling to me why many hotels that are high end (or think they are) fail to provide coffee-making equipment in guest rooms while good solid business hotels (and below) never fail to do so. I was tempted to rate the Grand Hyatt with four stars just for this reason, but the room in general, staff service, and the restaurant (which was very good) made it impossible to do so. I will stay at this hotel again and will look forward to dinner in the restaurant that includes a very interesting wine list.

2 Thank JW1107
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for mentioning you will be a repeat guest. It is a very high compliment. As for the coffee maker, just request one be brought to your room with your reservation, at check-in or by dialing guest services. While many guests enjoy a fresh complimentary coffee at our Moka coffee bar or a carafe of French press delivered via room service we know that some guests like to make their own and that's okay by us!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is the "high end" Hyatt -- and deservedly so. Every extra amenity has been well thought out, and you'll feel like a million here. The staff go out of their way to be sure you're happy -- they did with me! I spoke to the manager, Maribeth, ahead of time, and she made sure that all of my needs were met. A special thanks to the restaurant, with a staff who really make your day -- including Jessica, Chase, and Luis. Super job. These folks remember your favorite orders for years -- I don't know how they do it! Best of all, the hotel is right inside DFW airport, so you never need to go outside. Highly recommended. Thanks Maribeth, and thanks Grand Hyatt!!

Room Tip: Speak to Maribeth, the Manager, ahead of time, to discuss any special needs you may have. She and t...
1 Thank Gary F
Thank you for such a glowing review. I will share your compliments with the team, especially Maribeth! We strive for Grand service at DFW and we are glad that we could make your stay special.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2014

All in all, I would definitely say this is my ‘go to’ hotel in the Dallas area since I often fly in and out of DFW for most trips. This hotel definitely deserves five stars for rooms, service, and convenience, but slacks off in vegetarian food options and quality of the breakfast. Because the hotel is situated over Terminal D where there are tons of restaurants, you can’t complain that you don’t have options (as long as it isn’t late). Given this, I would give this hotel a near perfect rating of 4.3/5. Read the full review at grabamile.com

BTW: You can obtain a security pass at the concierge desk enter the secured side of the terminal.

Room Tip: If you like plane watching like me request a room facing the runway and airport operations. How quie...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank grabamile
GrandHyattDFW, Director of Sales at Grand Hyatt DFW, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for the accolades! We appreciate your perspective as a frequent guest. Thanks for sharing the tip about guests having airport re-entry privileges with a pass from the front desk. Please ask about vegetarian options in the Grand Met restaurant, often we can accommodate more than what appears on the menu. Thanks!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The Grand Hyatt DFW is a pretty incredible hotel. My stay was pleasant, comfortable, and I had no major issues or concerns. This hotel is well worth checking out.

I was here for a seminar, and it was a perfect location. The hotel is located at the airport, so it was incredibly easy to get to- I got off my plane, jumped on a shuttle, and the driver took me right to the hotel.

Check in was easy and pleasant. For some reason, my name was mispelled in the system, so they fixed it immediately. They asked what type of room I wanted and made sure to work hard to get me the best room available. The service was outstanding.

The rooms were impressive and high tech- when you walk in, the lights turn on, the sheers open up, and the television turns on, playing music with a welcome message. That was really impressive. All the lights are controlled by a small control panel. It was impressive. I will say that my one complaint was that the main control panel didn't work, so it took me a while, walking around the room and repeatedly hitting buttons to turn off all the lights. That was a little frustrating.

I ordered room service, and it came very quickly. The portions weren't too large, but the food was filling and tasty. The service there was quite good. I didn't love the carrot cake, but the turkey club was outstanding.

The rooms are clean and spacious. I had a room with two large windows, facing the airport runway. I enjoyed being able to look out and see planes taking off and landing. I could hear them, but it didn't prevent me from falling asleep.The beds and comfortable and it's clear the rooms were well taken care of.

The conference rooms are a few floors below the lobby. They were spacious and comfortable- they felt new and well maintained.

All in all, my stay was fairly outstanding and I'd love to return to his hotel.

Room Tip: If you like fun views, get a room facing the runway- very cool to have such a close-up view of plane...
1 Thank thegreatone3182
We are so pleased to hear that our DFW airport location made it easy for you to fly-in for a seminar. We love to hear from business travelers who take advantage of our onsite meeting facilities. Thank you for the stellar review!
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband and I had an overnight connection at DFW and were looking for a place to stay. While looking online, we thought why not try this hotel, it would be easy to just get up and go in the morning. The staff at reception were very friendly and quick. The room was wonderful!!! When you enter the room, the window shade automatically raises, the TV comes on with your name on the welcome screen. The room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable. I think if the pillows were bigger, they would be a little nicer. The bathroom was well appointed with a separate tub and shower. The tub in our standard king room was a little small though. The shower had plenty of space. Just a word of caution, the floor in the bathroom is a high gloss granite and, while very pretty, it gets very slick when wet. You could not hear any planes taking off even though they were right outside our window. We were able to re enter the airport to eat supper with the help of airport security, The front desk will call security and they will fill out some information. You do have to go back through security, but it wasn't a big deal. The hotel does have it's own restaurant. Leaving in the morning, it was so nice to already be at the airport. The only thing I wish they had was express checkout. When we got downstairs, there was about a 5 min wait to checkout. The staff was very apologetic and said they were expecting so many people at once. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially if you need to be close to the airport. The rooms, location and staff are awesome!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Txgirl79
Thank you for being so detailed in your review. It really helps fellow travelers know that we are quite different than what they may picture as 'an airport hotel.' We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our unique access to Terminal D at DFW.