“Solid Stay”

Ranked #13 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Dallas, Texas
“Solid Stay”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Very much enjoyed my stay. The room was a little small, but it was also luxurious, cozy, and clean. I had a wonderful night's sleep. Every single person I dealt with at the hotel was wonderful to work with- but the lady who answers the phone for room service was especially charming.

The pool area is disappointing. The pool is small and not particularly attractive and there isn't nearly enough seating for the crowds of people who congregate there. The hot tub is inside- between the men's and women's locker rooms and a bit dreary.

Loved the free parking garage that is right up against the hotel- very convenient.

The hotel itself is not particularly close to anything- but is only a stone's throw from 635 which gives easy access to a lot of places.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Greenville, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great accomodations. My room key waiting on me to arrive. The room was clean and the size bed requested. The Conference room ample for seating, visual and hearing, just watch your step. Overall very pleasant experience and will return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

San Diego, United States
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This hotel may not be in the heart of Dallas, but it was great to have shuttle available to take you short distances for things you need. Their staff is friendly and very professional, some of the best customer service I had in a while. Also, their facility is clean and their food and wine selection is very good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My stay at the Omni in Dallas at Park West very good. The location was great and easily accessible. Google maps took me there from several locations. The view from my room was great, it was quiet, spacious, well lit and only had one half of a pistachio nut left on the floor. Otherwise seemed clean. I had lunch in the restaurant the service was very good and the food was delicious. I am very satisfied with my stay and will go back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Abilene, United States
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Excellent stay overall for our 5 year anniversary. They sent up complimentary chocolate covered strawberries and a hand written anniversary card! Very clean, very good quality, excellent and friendly service. Small issue with the bill, but they fixed it right away. They have restored my hope in hotels outside of my one hotel chain that I trust! We would stay there again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

OK
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Omni Parkwest from May 30 - June 1 for our birthdays. The public areas (lobby, restaurants, bar, etc.) were all very clean and welcoming. Our room was located on the 8th floor. The room was clean and comfortable. However, the layout was very odd. Hard to explain, but it just wasn't a good design. When we arrived, there was a plate with two individual chocolate cakes and "Happy Birthday" written in chocolate icing! It was a very nice surprise for us. We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel but, we did eat at the bar one night. The food was very good and cooked to perfection. The bartender was friendly, however, there were a few people sitting at the bar with their small children (ages 7-10) and the bartender didn't say anything to them. I asked him if it was illegal for children to be at the bar and he said "technically, yes, but the hotel doesn't like us to say anything to upset the guests." Guess they'd rather loose their liquor license than tell a parent they can't bring their kids to the bar! This is the second time we've stayed at this hotel and we would definitely return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Haughton, Louisiana
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My wife and I made an overnight trip to Dallas and stayed at the Omni West. Upon our arrival our room wasn't completely ready. The front desk staff was very friendly and even provided us a round of beverages from the bar area. The hotel was very clean and enjoyable atmosphere.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple