“Awful matresses”

Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West
Ranked #10 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

The beds are not comfortable. We have stayed at this hotel a couple of long weekends, we love the pool area, the staff, restaurants. ..we just cannot get any sleep on their awful beds! The rates are very cheap, it is a very nice hotel, I would return a 3rd long weekend if they change their mattresses. Sad thing, otherwise this hotel would be near perfect.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Amanda F, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thank you for letting us know your thoughts on your long weekends spent here. We would love to get more information from you about your room and what we can do to make your sleep more sound. If you have a moment, please consider reaching out to our Director of Houskeeping, Stephanie. She can be reached at shousewright@omnihotels.com. We look forward to hearing from you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,879)

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Beautiful hotel - not really for families even with the Dive In package but great service. We had a great room, comfy bed but we were a little far from the museum we came to visit in Ft Worth. This would be a great hotel for business travelers. Breakfast Buffet was awesome!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Hi Tracey,
I'm very sorry about the confusion on your package amenity. I do hope that you were able to enjoy a relaxing weekend here with us. I believe our Director of Rooms will be reaching out to you shortly to make sure we have all the details we need to make sure we avoid any confusion next time! Thanks for staying, and hope to have you again in the future!

Reviewed 27 August 2014

The best breakfast buffet a hotel has to offer! I stayed at the fitness center and swimming pool everyday. In addition, my co-workers and I jogged the nature trail located directly across the hotel. The hotel is very diverse in both staff and guests. Many would call this place over the top, but the staff makes you feel as though your in a small intimate getaway. It appears to be far away from the city, but it's a perfect place to be after tackling the congested Dallas traffic. I would highly recommend this hotel!

Reviewed 25 August 2014

The Omni Dallas Park West hotel is very nice hotel. It is very clean and up to date. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. The restaurants have very good food. The breakfast buffet is a bit pricey; however, all of the other food selections and choices are very good and worth the money pais. Staying here is almost like staying at a resort.

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

The Hotel was nice, but the service was lacking. We stayed at another nice hotel the night before but checked out of that one because the room was too small. I booked the room at the Omni because of the reviews I read were very good. I booked a double queen bed. When we checked in the beds were not queen but twin, knowing this because we just checked out of a hotel that was double twin bed and they were the exact same size as the Omni. When we told them we booked queen not twin they kept saying they were Queen beds. We called to ask if we could take our adult beverages to the pool, the front desk said yes of course. When we did we were approached by management and told we could not have our drinks out there because they were not purchased from their bar, after being told this we went back to our room. On our way back to our room I counted 7 people at the pool with drinks that were not purchased from their bar, they were not in the cups the hotel used. I put some bottles in the wine chiller in the room, after a few hours the bottles were not cold or even cool. I called the front desk and asked for a replacement, the guy brought a fridge and set it on a tiny stand and told us that the chiller was not a fridge and didn't get as cold as a fridge. I went down to the front desk and was handed a bill $10.00 for use of wifi. I asked for a vending machine to buy a soft drink, they don't have vending machines, when the bar closes and the small "goody" shop closes then you have to go to a store to buy snacks or drinks. Breakfast isn't included in this stay either, and is outrageously priced for what you get. Nice hotel in the cosmetic sense but I will defiantly choose another hotel for my next stay in Dallas.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ryan F
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed here two nights in August. Room was nice, lobby was clean and spacious. Despite only two cars in the parking lot, and using the online check-in, my room was not ready. Couldn't wait due to another engagement that night. Returned to the hotel about 10:30 and there was a bottle of wine and a fruit plate waiting as an apology. Workout room was clean and spacious, pool was nice. Only issue is that it is not near anything! And LBJ Freeway is under major construction, so any attempt to go into Dallas was difficult (unless you chose the toll roads). Overall, nice hotel. Quiet. Spacious, clean rooms. I knew it was not very close to anything, but chose the hotel anyway because it was exactly between the two functions I was attending. Will stay again if in the area.

1  Thank R C
Amanda F, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Greetings from Dallas! Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review. I apologize that your guest room was not ready when you arrived but hope we were able to make it up. We have gone over your comments and areas for improvement with our management staff. If you are able to stay with us again, just let us know if you need a ride anywhere -- I know the Dallas traffic can get crazy! We offer complimentary transportation within a 5-mile radius to all of our guests, and sometimes it is less stressful to be a passenger than a driver. Feel free to reach out to me directly if you ever need assistance with reservations or anything else!

Amanda Freeman
214-442-2112
amanda.freeman@omnihotels.com

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I stay at this hotel 3x a year on business and it is truly my home away from home. Staff is wonderful. Nice restaurant food, great bar service too. Very nice walking/biking/running trail nearby and easy access to the airport.

1  Thank ColoradoPeg

Thank you for the review! We love hosting you and your group every time, As always, just let us know if there is anything we can do for you. We will see you in February, if not sooner!