“Good value for a single night stay”

Gateway Hotel Dallas
Ranked #133 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good value for a single night stay”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I came up to Dallas for a job interview and stayed the night. It was quiet, affordable and cheap. I used to stop by here on my way to law school in St. Louis, and so I'm what you would call a "regular"? Anyways, the restaurant was closed, I think, and the rooms were about the same. Clean, a bit old, but quiet and cheap so no complaints there. Also, it didn't destroy my wallet so that was a plus. The In 'n Out burger joint across the street made for a quick lunch which was nice. All in all it was decent.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the elevators and stairs. They tend to be a bit more noisy.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Jaheer S, Manager at Gateway Hotel Dallas, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Now our restaurant is open and we new carpets in the hallway.
Thank you for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I decided to give the Ramada a try as the price was 60% less than my usual hotel. The result is good value. Sadly the software is very good, but the hardware a little tired.
The front desk and breakfast employees are amazingly friendly and welcoming.
The rooms are big, plenty of furniture, reasonable decor, OK bathroom, refrigerator and micro-wave and acceptable comfort bed, but everything is a little too down market.
My room was hardly serviced. New towels, made up bed, but everything else left uncleaned or replenished.
Noisy heating system with a compressor that kicked in every 20 mins or so.
There are no local facilities and the hotel restaurant serves basic snack food only (when it is open, which seems to depend upon hotel occupancy).
If you want to save money ~ OK but not for me.

Room Tip: Request for a room away from the noise of the expressway
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jaheer S, Manager at Gateway Hotel Dallas, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
We look forward to having you as a guest with us in the future.
We have done a lot of improvements and now our restaurant is fully operational!
Thank you for your review.
Houston
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I have been here many times and you get what you pay for- which is an affordable, clean, and noiseless room. I read some other reviews and maybe they seem to have a higher expectation than normal. For $50.00 a room night I don't expect all the thrills from a Westin or a Crown Plaza, I get a very affordable place. I don't come to Dallas that often, but this place is a great place to stay for a stay over not an extended stay- a little old but still got its charm

Room Tip: I like the ground floor the best.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JeffTravis
Jaheer S, Manager at Gateway Hotel Dallas, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for your honest review.
Appreciate it.
Little Rock
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My family and I stayed at the Ramada in Dallas for my aunt's 56th B-Day celebration. The banquet room for our party was nice and accomodated us well. The hotel doesn't look like much on the outside, but the inside decor of the lobby and lounge area was very elegant. The carpet in the hallway looked like it hadn't been shampooed in awhile and although the staff was nice, they could use a little lesson in customer service. Little things like, making eye contact and asking "how may I help you" when a guest approaches the desk, instead of waiting for the guest to ask for help. I didn't like that our room was directly across the hall from the house keeping quarters and laundry, as expected, it was noisy during the day. Other than that, the rooms were clean and comfortable and I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Jaheer S, Manager at Gateway Hotel Dallas, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your unpleasant experience as a guest. I
Once again, I apologize for your unpleasant stay and any inconvenience we may have caused you. Please feel welcome at our hotel in your future travels.

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Review for Ramada Inn
Our stay at the Ramada was unforgettable in the worst way possible. Do NOT stay here.
Upon arrival, I spotted a dead roach in the hallway. When we entered our room and began looking for an outlet to charge our phones, we discovered a USED condom and wrapper behind the bed stand.
Upon getting another room, we decided to leave the "do not disturb" sign on the door when we left and so we had to request more towels for the night, they demanded we bring back the used ones from the night before. Like we would steal their nasty hotel towels.. Also the ac leaked all over the floor, there were literally only three pillows on the king sized bed and there was a dirty QTip behind the sofa.

Anyway, when it was time for breakfast, we went straight to the breakfast bar and grabbed a plate, but then were told we needed a ticket for the free breakfast. We went to the front desk to follow this crazy rule and were given a ticket that looked like it was straight from a county fair so that we could fill our plates with their very limited breakfast bar. This is what they served: boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs with some meat and peppers mixed in, breakfast cereal not packaged in little boxes but sitting in pourable bins (gross!), store bought muffins and oatmeal packets as well as a coffee station where you could fill a tiny styrofoam cup with coffee.

I'm not done yet! There's more if you can even believe it. We are here for a funeral so we wanted my friend's little brother and sister (aged 12 and 15) to be able to come stay a night with us to get away from the grief and when we asked for extra towels, they interrogated us as to why we wanted more towels and then when we explained we had the kids staying a night with us, they said it was not allowed for four people to stay in a room with a king sized bed and sofa even though they were minors and the Expedia site clearly states that four are allowed. The guy at the desk finally obliged when we said we weren't taking them back.

Ramada, this hotel is slandering your whole chain's reputation. We were led to believe on Expedia that this was a 3/5 star hotel when it hardly met the criteria for a 1 star in my book.  I will never stay at a Ramada again.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank YoungTraveler627
Jaheer S, Manager at Gateway Hotel Dallas, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
When calling to make your advance reservation, please ask for me and I will personally assist
you.
Thank you and I look forward to the opportunity to better serve you in the future.
Longview
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Front desk response was not good. Carpet smell, elevator dirty, room carpet dirty, bed quality is not good, A/C knob broke. Overall, not good.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Subramanyam U
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your unpleasant experience as a guest of. I
appreciate the time that you took to bring this matter to our attention. I assure you that the matter will be looked into. Once again, I apologize for your unpleasant stay and any
inconvenience we may have caused you. Please feel welcome
at our hotel in your future travels.
Respectfully,
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights to do a little work, brainstorm, and run errands in the area.
The location was great and considering they had free WiFi, I figured I could overlook it being an older hotel. Though everyone who worked there was quite pleasant, when I finally checked out, I was quite unhappy/disappointed.

All day Tuesday, the WiFi didn't work and I needed to complete some work online. I informed the guy at the desk downstairs; but I knew more about his server than he did. Yet and still, we were unable to fix the problem. He needed to contact their technician to resolve the issue. But he didn't, so that left me unable to complete my tasks online.

Also, my comforter wasn't clean. There were hairs within the top surface of the comforter (not embedded) and it smelled of body secretions. Yuck!!! Thursday morning, the day I was set to check out, I woke up to a swollen hand and arm. Something bit me 4 times while I slept - I'm not sure what. But my hand was huge and so was my forearm. I had to leave to get some calamine lotion and OTC drug to assist with the inflammation and itching. This was definitely not cool. I left extremely unhappy and disappointed

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ShayBellaZ
Jaheer S, Manager at Gateway Hotel Dallas, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
I want to take this opportunity to apologize for the poor service you received during your stay. Your experience was not the quality of service that we have promised to provide to our guests. Our promise is something that we strive to deliver to every guest everyday. There is no excuse that our staff did not fulfill that promise in your case. Please accept our apologies.
you. I look forward to the opportunity to better serve you in the future.
Gratefully,