“Great Place”

Gateway Hotel Dallas
Ranked #136 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
“Great Place”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The rooms where very clean and the service was great. The hotel is in a great location and I will be staying here for future trips to Dallas.Although the room was very clean the room did not come with enough pillows. The pillows were very flat and made it uncomfortable to sleep on

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Jaheer S, Manager at Gateway Hotel Dallas, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for taking time to write this review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 26 March 2014

In my room I had torn furniture, wall paper peeling, stains, bad smells and cockroaches! It was dirty and gross. Also no customer service! Horrible..

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

2 Thank Kelsi D
Jaheer S, Manager at Gateway Hotel Dallas, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
It is with great concern that I am responding to your review. My concern is with the furniture and wallpaper. We have advised our pest control guy to be more frequent in his visits.
Please accept my sincerest apologies in this matter. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to regain your trust in us. I am available to discuss this matter personally anytime your schedule allows. Please telephone me at 972-239-5275 ext 7503.
Your's truly,
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This room was okay if u are traveling and just need somewhere to lay down. I would not advise for family trip. It was a clean room but the comforter on the bed had a cigarette hole and the room was non smoking. Not enough pillows and bed didn't look like a king bed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Jaheer S, Manager at Gateway Hotel Dallas, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for the review.
Reviewed 21 March 2014

smell like dog inside the hotel only 3 small pillows on the bed
if you just need somewhere to sleep and you are take care of business in this area
great location but that's about it . The policy just changed continental breakfast $5
Next time they clean I hope they move the furniture and vacuum behind it when I move it looking for a outlet very nasty behind stuff

Room Tip: Do not except a room on the first floor
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Jaheer S, Manager at Gateway Hotel Dallas, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for expressing your concerns. I greatly appreciate the time that you took to inform us of your needs and expectations.
I apologize again for the inconvenience. I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you in the future. It is our goal to provide our very best to each and every guest.
Respectfully,
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I will never stay at this motel ever again had the worst experience ever carpets, hallways, elevators, rooms were dirty and smelt bad. We were in our room for 3 hours the most and i red dots/ bites all over my legs and arms i went down to the front desk and brought it to their attention i offered to move to another room and was told they did not have any we were told we could come back in the morning and speak to a manager and they would refund us our $ back we checked out and went to the courtyard marriot once we got their had no problems redness went away on my arms and legs and i did not itch or sneeze anymore. Went back in the morning to The ramada for our refund and the owners were very rude and told us they were not giving us money back before the cops arrived the owner specifically told us they have had customers that have brang them a jar of live bedbugs and still did not refund them their money.. the 2 cops told us to contact the corporate office and advised to never stay their again they've had numerous complaints towards them and they refuse to comply with customers. Would not recommend this place to anyone. It would have not been a problem if they did not refund us the money but we were told to come back and from the moment we walked back in the hotel and explained the situation to the owner she was rude and did not want to hear any negativity with her motel and stated she does not believe i was telling the truth i could not even understand her even an apology would have been appreciated. I had showed the employee and her at the front desk my arms and legs and she still did not believe it i had not been outside nor anywhere else besides my car that i was fine in for as long as ive had it. I hope they can at least pay housekeeping to clean the room we staid in so that it wont happen to anyone else although we were only their 3 hours and did not pull covers off the bed nor use the bathroom. I will definitely be contacting corparte office and better business bureau.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank ahernandez1824
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This room was okay if you are traveling and you just need some where to lay down. I would not advise for a family trip. It smelled stuffy at the entrance. Rooms did not smell fresh so we had to spray. Pillows on bed are ridiculous. But for the cost of the room I guess some of this could be expected. Good location at a good rate.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Jaheer S, Manager at Gateway Hotel Dallas, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.