“Very Convenient place”

Ranked #133 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
Dallas, Texas
“Very Convenient place”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We have been staying here a few times because they have good deals. The rooms are clean also the staff is friendly. This hotel manager doesn't allowed to smoke in room so there is no smoking smell. Some one who doesn't want to smoke smell , I recommend Here!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The outside isn't very attractive. The entrance was very presentable and cozy, but when you get to the desk, hall(s) & vending areas it really has a funky smell. The room has nice furnature , very spacy. A/c works wonderful. Bathroom is nice and tidey. ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Room Tip: Lights in parking Lot, a lot more people park where there is no light. Bottom level, & (lobby) s...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The manager/owner is so rude its disgusting....I've been staying at this hotel for a week and I tell her 20min before 11am i was staying again and booking online she then said if I dont come down now and pay with her I wouldn't get my $50 deposit back and would need to pay another deposit if I wanted to stay...all because she wanted to make more money for her instead of the customer getting a better deal offline...I mean the rooms arent that great anyway..but yes she is rude(the oriental lady)

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Ashtonwlawrence
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Comes with king size bed for 1 person room, fully furnished, no fridge nor microwave (guess why it is clean). No slipper, no toothpaste or body soap, just shampoo, conditioner and face soap. Tv is old, coffee not usable. Breakfast and lunch is available at cost at the lounge, shower available afterward. Checkout at 11:00AM!
Definitely a deal for large family, not single traveler.

• Stayed June 2014
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 20 June 2014

When we first got here I came inside to get our room key and my first impression was right on target. The first room we got had no refrigerator after we had requested one for medical purposes. I called the front desk and was told there wasn't one available. The room we were In was at the very end corner of the highest floor and very creepy. I had to explain the refrigerator situation and finally after about 30 minutes we were moved to the 1st floor. The rooms are old, they smell of grease (as does the whole place), the walls are old and have mold growing on them, the carpet is nasty, the beds are hard, and the pool is not clean. The outdoor chairs and tables have umbrellas with no pin to keep them open. When we asked the owner if there was a way to keep umbrella open she said she knew nothing about that! I was very disappointed and I wouldn't stay here if it was the last place available. We are even leaving a day early because this place isn't worth another miserable night!!

Room Tip: There aren't any good rooms in this place. You can hear everything outside, in the hallway, and...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank hl0614
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is an awful hotel and I can't believe the owners actually are still in business. The internet is free but only works intermittently. The rooms need to be fixed up some. There's black stuff on the wall in the bathroom and the electrical outlets are hanging halfway out of the wall. Big fire hazard. The pool has tables with umbrellas that don't stay open and the chairs are broken. There is also a restaurant in the hotel that makes the whole hotel stink with a garlic like smell. Overall, this was the worst experience ever.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rosemary I
Travellers also viewed these Dallas hotels
Comfort Inn North Dallas Near The Galleria
Knights Inn Market Center
Knights Inn Market Center
#140 of 204 in Dallas
Studio 6 Dallas-Richardson/North
The Westin Dallas Park Central
Best Western Plus Dallas Hotel & Conference Center
Candlewood Suites Dallas Park Central

Been to Gateway Hotel Dallas? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Gateway Hotel Dallas

Property: Gateway Hotel Dallas
Address: 8102 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy, Dallas, TX 75251-1304 (Formerly Ramada Dallas North)
Region: United States > Texas > Dallas
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #133 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Gateway Hotel Dallas 3*
Clean and Affordable rooms. Let us show you our hospitality. Come enjoy your stay and leave the rest to us. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Gateway Hotel Dallas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Dallas North Hotel Dallas