“Bordering bad”

Gateway Hotel Dallas
Ranked #133 of 204 Hotels in Dallas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Reviewed 21 July 2014

If you are thinking about this property go there and then make your choice decision to stay there or not. it's a great price but not worth the aggravation from noisy guests and careless management that doesn't respond to complaints nor care whether you stay or not

1 Thank Philia R
Jaheer S, Manager at Gateway Hotel Dallas, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your unpleasant experience as a guest. I appreciate the time that you took to bring this matter to our attention. I assure you that the matter will be looked into.
Once again, I apologize for your unpleasant stay and any inconvenience we may have caused you. Please feel welcome at our hotel in your future travels.
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The customer service at this Ramada Inn was excellent. My only complaint is that the bed was absolutely to hard to sleep on nd they should really consider changing out the beds. Also, there was a tear in the armrest of the couch. They put a $50 hold on your card for smoking, damages, etc. I'm concerned about being charged for dmage I didn't create.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your concerns with our hotel. We are looking into it.
Please feel welcome at our hotel in your future travels.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Front desk was a collage of "management rules" printed on standard printer paper and taped to the walls. THAT was my first impression.. As i looked to my left while checking in, I witnessed two drunk men holding each other up as they left the less than elegant bar. A $50.00 charge for "incidentals"? Really? The room was below average as well. The fire alarm in my room was ripped from the wall, leaving wiring exposed. I decided to "rough it" and make the best of it. I am a WyndhamRewards Gold customer, should I, or anyone else for that matter, be subjected to an environment that management fails to see as sub standard. I survived the evening there, but I would never place a client/customer in this hotel.

Room Tip: Really? Unless the ownership/management begins to care, this property will be the victim of disrepai...
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This hotel needs a lot of things updated and the quality of everything is poor. everyone's keys to the room never worked right. The tv channels was never clear and the prices for breakfast was too high. There was also a pipe leak and the water was turned off and you couldn't take a shower and I had to argue to get a discount for that. There should have be some accommodation for the customers because of that reason.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Talia T
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your concerns. We will keep this in mind and work on it. I do apologizes for the water pipe burst which was beyond our control.
Please do visit us again.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have stayed here several times and they take the 50.00 deposit each and every time stating that you smoked in the room. I am a smoker and made plenty of trips downstairs to smoke. They robbed my deposit knowing I never smoked in the room.the water was not available to use for showering or anything else for 19 hours and i was refused a refund for that day. i will never return here!

Room Tip: full of drug dealers hookers and liars. owner is a racist and rude. housekeeping is poor no face tow...
1 Thank Dustin D