“Concert Hunter Hayes”

Comfort Suites West Dallas - Cockrell Hill
Ranked #102 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
“Concert Hunter Hayes”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Took my 3 grandchildren to see Hunter Hayes at the Verizon Theater in Grand Prairie. It is 7 miles to the theater, but very easy to get to and back after the concert. The hotel was very nice, breakfast was the usual for Comfort Suites. We had a room with two beds and sofa that made into bed. The sofa bed was definitely not comfortable. Hotel and rooms were very clean and staff very nice. Since we are Choice Privilege members we were allowed a late checkout which was very helpful to us. Overall we were very satisfied with the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Everything was amazing here. The entire hotel was clean and new-looking, the staff friendly and efficient. The breakfast that was included was very good (eggs, sausage, biscuits, waffles, yogurt, fruit, cereal, all kinds of things).

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I went to Dallas last weekend for a girl's weekend with my mom and sister. We were trying to find a place that wasn't too far from Downtown, not too expensive for our budgets, and we wanted breakfast included. This was our choice, and we were happy with it. The hotel is clean, the staff was friendly, and there was a variety for breakfast. The bed and room was comfortable, and we had a view of downtown from the 3rd floor (room 320, next to the elevator but we NEVER heard ANY noise from the elevator or from other guests). We didn't use the pool or fitness center. There is free wi-fi throughout the hotel, and there are two computers in the lobby (the business center) where we printed our boarding passes for 10 cents per page, which was convenient. The elevator itself is slooooooooow but you're only going two floors so it's kind of a silly thing to complain about.

On the second night we weren't sure if the toilet was working correctly - it didn't seem to flush completely - so I called down to the front desk at 9pm. I guess maintenance had already left, but the concierge was willing to let me borrow an extra plunger and said he'd send someone in the morning. We think the issue was that the toilet flushes differently than ours at home - this one you needed to hold the handle down until the water was really high and THEN whoosh...all gone.

The hotel is maybe a 10 minute drive on I-30 to get to Downtown (the JFK museum, for example). There is a Walmart, I-Hop, Chili's, Wendy's, Sonic, KFC/Taco Bell, and a few other places that are within walking distance or nearly so. There is a gas station immediately outside the hotel - you have to drive through it to get in, a little weird but convenient if you need to fill up. The hotel breakfast included scrambled eggs, toast, hard boiled eggs, make-your-own-Texas waffles (choice of plain or flavored each day...one day was blueberry, another day strawberry), a few varieties of hot and cold cereals, fruit (bananas, oranges, apples), bagels, a juice dispenser, coffee/hot chocolate/tea. And then each day had another choice that would change each day (sausage, ham, biscuits and gravy). We felt like it was a good variety for the money. Overall, we would probably stay here again on a return trip to Dallas.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
ComfortSuitesDallas, General Manager at Comfort Suites West Dallas - Cockrell Hill, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you staying with us and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. I’m happy to see you enjoyed your stay here at the Comfort Suites Dallas. It’s great you were able to experience our wonderful staff. We are glad that you enjoyed a restful stay in quiet suite. The 3th floor is indeed a great area for a peaceful stay so I'm sure future travelers will appreciate your tip. We look forward to hosting you again should your travels bring you back to Dallas.

Love The Pictures =)

Cordially,

Our Hotel will be your number 1 CHOICE!

Texas
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed one night, Oct. 12th for an Eagles concert. Hotel is conveniently located just a short ride to the AA center. We had room 208, it was clean and suitable. Not really any complaints for the hotel. Breakfast was the usual for this type of hotel, coffee was okay but not great, normal selection of cereal, fruits, breads, etc. There are several fast-food places right at the hotel. There is a Golden Corral nearby, and a Chili's along with other retail stores. We left one of our favorite pillows and called when we got home, they said they had it and would ship but we have not received it yet. We would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
ComfortSuitesDallas, General Manager at Comfort Suites West Dallas - Cockrell Hill, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Mr. Mrqcace,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel with us and your fellow travelers. We hope you enjoyed your concert and are glad that you got to utilize several of the amenities that our hotel has to offer. Our housekeeping and breakfast team are both thrilled to learn that you appreciated our efforts. We strive to make every guest's stay a great experience that exceeds expectations. I'm sorry that we didn't leave you with a highly favorable opinion of our breakfast, but we are looking ways of making our selves apart from our brand, so please stay tuned for a new breakfast. Your words of praise deepen our commitment to providing a great hotel experience from start to finish for all of our guests. We look forward to your next visit!

Cordially,

Fax: (214) 217-5194
Email: gm.txc39@choicehotels.com
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The room was very nice and clean. Hotel staff pleasant. My only complaint is the ants in the restoorm. My sister also has ants in her restroom (diffent room). When I called the front desk to report this I was offered another room. After being on the road for 23 hours I was not fit to change rooms, the next morning when I asked about someone to come to see about this I was told there was only one housekeeper on duty and she was doing breakfast. I asked if they has pesticide if so I would come and get it and spray the room myself. Before I could do that I got a call saying the matainece man would come which he did however I had ants my entire stay there.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
ComfortSuitesDallas, General Manager at Comfort Suites West Dallas - Cockrell Hill, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Ms. Tonia,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback here on Tripadvisor. We are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your stay, but I sincerely apologize for the ant experience you and your sister had during your stay. Your feedback is vital in ensuring our guests enjoy their stay with us and that any issues are corrected. I have contacted our pest control provider and they have concentrated in all areas exterior and interior. I appreciate you making us aware of this issue and I have already passed along your feedback to both my Housekeeping Team and my Engineering department . Please advice me ahead of time on your next visit and I will personally ensure that your stay is perfect!

Kind Regards,

Los Angeles
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I paid almost $100 for a king bed- and given the quality of the hotel it was not worth it. The room was clean but the lobby and common areas need attention- (dirty carpet) which added to my impression that the hotel was a bit run-down.
The free breakfast was a disappointment. . . so we went to McDonald's near by. The woman working the front desk was very friendly and accommodating.
I've been able to get nicer rooms/hotels in DFW for close to this price point so I would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Good hotel, but wasn't updated like the previous comfort suites i stayed at. Still very quiet and clean with friendly staff. Located near I-30 for an easy location to get to. Reasonable price compared to 4 star hotels located in dowtown dallas.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business