“Spacious museum with a lot of variety”

Dallas Museum of Art
Ranked #6 of 245 things to do in Dallas
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Established in 1903, this prestigious art venue features a wide selection of art exhibits, from Ancient Mediterranean to Contemporary Art and Design.
Reviewed 11 March 2008

Although not particularly attractive on the outside, the DMA has some great art within its walls. My favorite was an American painting called "The Icebergs". I also really liked the sculpture garden and some of the ancient art. I was surprised how much Asian art there was. This is a large museum and there's a lot to see. It's definitely one of the top attractions in Dallas. I didn't pay attention to the price (got in free with a reciprocal membership), but I'm sure it's worth the cost of a ticket.

2  Thank jbrown84

Reviewed 8 March 2008

The wedding sales rep will never call you back, They will change prices on you, overall TERRIBLE experience.

I would NEVER recommend them.

3  Thank isaaclayne
Reviewed 20 October 2007

This museum has a range of items from Greek and Roman pottery and statues, Texas-related art, an amazing collection of Asian art, and many famous paintings. My favorite sections are the small galleries that seem like you enter a person's home. Each item is placed so that you can see it in context. Every corner seems to reveal a new find that you were not expecting. The Atrium Cafe is a light and airy place to have lunch, although if visiting next time, I would eat at the Nasher Sculpture Center next door, as they have outdoor seating. I used the audio tour, which you have to ask for.

Reviewed 3 August 2007

Once a month the Dallas Museum of Art keeps its doors open late for guests to enjoy free coffee, live music, and view the galleries. My husband and I went to the July Late Night program and were very impressed. There are many families there and a very diverse group of people. I would estimate that there were over 400 people, and some were casual, some were dressed up nice. This is not to be missed!

Reviewed 11 February 2007

This is a great place to spend a few hours. The museum is very large and has a lot of great art from nearly every time period.

Been to Dallas Museum of Art? Share your experiences!