“EXPENSIVE”
Review of Fair Park

Fair Park
Ranked #32 of 248 things to do in Dallas
More attraction details
Owner description: Large urban park with museums, flea markets and events. Covers over 227 acres.
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Everything was overpriced. I am a lifelong resident of Texas and have always wanted to go to the State Fair. Well, I finally went and I cannot say I'll ever go back.

There was nothing wrong nor unsafe. It was just ludicrous how much everything costs. For example, my daughter is too little to ride the "kiddie"rides by herself because of her height. Fine. So I, my wife or her big brother had to pay to ride with her. That's $8.00 for one lame kiddie ride. $28.00 to ride the Ferris Wheel around 2 times. I wish I had read the reviews to find out about the discounted admission!

I haven't totaled it up yet, but we easily spent $400.00 in 3 hours.

1  Thank KTrouble

Reviewed 12 October 2013

My husband had never been to a state fair, so we visited the state fair of texas. Luckily I had read that Dr pepper cans would get a discount, so it only cost $5 each with a can of DP. Once inside almost everything requires tickets. (50cents each) Blew about $100 for food and rides. The ferris wheel and space needle were great for views of Dallas. Bird show was lots of fun. Aquarium was interesting. We had cuban sandwich, and funnel cakes. Both were good. The Chinese Lantern exhibit was good, especially at night when it is lit up. Lots of fun. Very clean. Shade over the carnival game areas.

1  Thank Mary W
Reviewed 12 October 2013

What an awesome experience. Everything about the state fair was amazing. The rides, the food, the games, the atmosphere, the organization, it's all amazing. Went on a Friday, got our discounts in advance from the supermarket at a discount price. There were lots of people but not crazy overcrowded. It was hot but there are enough exhibits that are air conditioned you can pop in and cool down with a both of water. There's also a lot of fans around the place which also help. Prices are inflated, I'm sure it adds up for families but hey, keep in mind it's the State Fair of Texas, its not outrageous! No worse than any other events (including sporting events - for those people complaining about prices, try getting food & drink at Cowboys Stadium or American Airlines Center). During the day there were no long lines for rides (except the Texas Star), food or coupons, it all ran very smoothly. This might be weird but I was also amazed at how many trash cans there are available and none of them were ever full! There are plenty of bit umbrellas providing shade and plenty of seats/benches for a bit of a rest. Go with a group, that way you can try more of the crazy deep fried stuff!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

On our recent trip to Texas, I knew I wanted to let the kids experience the Texas State Fair. We had a good time but my gosh it was expensive for a family!!! Just for five of us to ride the Texas Star, it cost $35 in coupons, and all we got in return was two times around... Than goodness for the auto shows and other "free events" or we would have been broke! We did get to see the Cotton Bowl and tried some of the most unique fried foods we've ever heard. Deep fried cheesecake, deep fried cuban roll, and chicken fried bacon seemed to be the favorites. Enjoy the fair but be very prepared to pay.

1  Thank drrocket69
Reviewed 10 October 2013

That was my last day in Dallas and read that Texas State Fair was in town and decide to visit. The fair is located in the same park of the Cotton Bowl Stadium. The entrance to the fair was $17.00 however if you go online www.bigtex.com you can save $2.00 per ticket or you can get also discount at Krogers. After you get in you need to buy tickets for almost everything: rides, eating, drinking, some exhibitions. You can see the 2014 Car show, and other exhibits

1  Thank alsolution