“Just okay.. not good not GREAT!”

Iron Cactus Mexican Grill and Margarita Bar
Ranked #39 of 3,651 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: US$7 - US$19
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown Dallas
Cross street: Akard St.
Description: Iron Cactus Mexican Grill & Margarita Bar serves delectable Mexican dishes and award-winning margaritas. Its trendy yet cozy atmosphere combined with its delicious food, variety of margaritas and cocktails, and friendly service, makes it one of the popular places to visit in Dallas. It was listed by USA Today 10 Best List as one of the best Mexican restaurants in Dallas in 2014.
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We went for the Sunday brunch which we do about every 6 months. It was good, but the food was downstairs so after you serve yourself off the buffet you either have to climb the windy staircase or take the elevator. The food selection wad greatly reduced from the past times we went.There was also alot of flies! The staff was very unattentive. They stood in the corner talking and laughing amongst themselves.This used to be
the place to go and is usually our special occasion spot, but it disappointed
this time!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This place was great to have afternoon drinks and snacks with friends. I had never been to Dallas before and this was in walking distance of my friends apartment right on main street. Some nights they also have live music from a guy named Colin and he is fabulous! The happy hour food is great and good pricing. Margaritas were a little to sugary for me but good nonetheless. Chicken/Steak Quesadillas were great, the poppers were not.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Love going to the Iron Cactus, great smoke flavor. Have tried about everything on the menu and love it all. Great downtown location and great abiance.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is one of the best Tex-Mex we've ever had. The salsa and the queso are amazing I had the shrimp enchiladas and they were incredible. All homemade. Very reasonably priced and the kids loved it too! Highly recommended. Adrianna was our waitress and she was very impressive, attentive and friendly. :)

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Non- Existant Customer Service.

Had an issue with waiting extra for a rail side table upstairs on the patio vs being seated immediately at a non rail table. I chose to wait. When I was finally called they sat me at a non rail table. When I explained to the host what happened he only offered to make me wait longer. No apology or even accepting his responsibility in what had happened. I asked to speak to a manager. The manager promptly came to my table and was extremely defensive and dismissive of my situation. He exhibited to characteristics of any type of leadership, in which, you would hope a "manager" would at least have.

Once I could tell he was going to be of no help, I asked for one of his business cards. I guess this was completely unacceptable because then he asked me to either "quit acting this way or I will refuse to serve you." (Really? for asking for your business card. At this point I was livid, and so I asked him again for a business card knowing that because of this I wouldn't be served for the simple request of asking him for a business card. On top of that, I guess he was scared I would rather his business card than to be seated and served because he gave me someones else's card from a different location who's title was director of events.

2  Thank Jordon C