“Truly neat location”

Ranked #1 of 248 things to do in Dallas
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A nationally acclaimed 66 acre display garden features breathtaking floral displays all year long. Nestled on the shores of White Rock Lake, the Dallas Arboretum was named "One of the Most Breathtaking Gardens in the World" by Architectural Digest. Dallas Blooms festival boasts of over 500,000 spring blooming bulbs, 3,000 azaleas and hundreds of Cherry Blooms-February-April. Summer in the garden includes an outdoor concert series on Thursday evenings and numerous water features with breathtaking floral displays. Autumn at the Arboretum-September-November features a nationally acclaimed Pumpkin Village featuring over 90,000 pumpkins/gourds/squash and named one of America's Best Pumpkin festivals by Fodor's Travel. The 8 acre Rory Meyers Children’s Adventure Garden was designed to connect children with nature. Education is a central focus the gardens mission, which teach life and Earth science with 17 indoor/outdoor galleries and 150 interactive activities - Where science and fun become one. Open seven days a week and Wednesday nights until 8pm from March-October. Seasonal weekday discounts are available. The garden is closed New Year's Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

This botanical garden is highly manicured and is a stunning display of what a great gardener can do. My wife and I really enjoyed the location and wish we had more than our three hours to see it all.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,794)

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

The Arboretum is truly a beautiful place. We visited on a warm summer day and were impressed. However, the place is huge and difficult to walk on a hot day.

We had an elderly person in our party and they did have golf carts that would take you around. The gentleman who drove us was knowledgeable and clearly enjoyed his job. Each cart could only hold 4-7 people and they didn't have a PA system so it was difficult to hear.

I'd strongly suggest that they operate a larger tram system so guests could learn and see more.

Do take the free historical home tour...very interesting

1  Thank AlumniGuy
Reviewed 1 July 2014

So gorgeous with great walking paths that wind through all of the gardens and displays. There are plenty of spots that you can grab a bit of shade from the Dallas heat while taking your tour and there are rest rooms throughout. The flowers and ponds/mini waterfalls are amazing.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I took my 12 and 5 year old boys for family day and even though the grounds were gorgeous they really didn't have that much fun. I did not think the price to get in justified the trip. From the front entrance the walk to the children's area is very far and once we got there we were already tired. The price of food is really expensive but they allow you to bring in food and coolers which I wasn't aware of so I spent way too much on food. The only thing the boys found to be fun was the golf cart ride back to the front entrance. This was an awesome service they provide.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I visit the Dallas Arboretum atleast two to three times a year. Every time I go, I see something new. Lovely gardens, decorations, ponds, etc.

Been to Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Gardens? Share your experiences!