“Beautiful southern home”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Ranked #120 of 229 things to do in Dallas
More attraction details
Owner description: This Greek Revival residence was built in 1861 by William B. Miller and is now located at the Old City Park.
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Beautiful southern home”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I've lived in Dallas all my life and have always visited Old City Park. The Millermore mansion used to be on Bonnieview and Millermore street in Oak Cliff. My father toured the original home when he was in junior high in 1959 or 1960 because he was doing a story about it. The tour was given by a great granddaughter of Mr.Miller. My dad has always told me this story through the years. I am now 44 & today we took a drive to see the original property. A huge church is now built on the land. He also showed us where the log cabin was located as well as the cemetery.. We then drove behind the church down the alley and looked for the cemetery. Everything was grown up but I'm hoping to go back and locate the graves!

Visited April 2013
8 Thank Kjbbaylor

Dallas, Texas
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Slice of Dallas history”
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Millermore -- old family home of the Miller family. Used to sit on Miller property off Midway Road and Watauga Rd in North Dallas. Miller family donated it to city of Dallas.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank DA H
Cyril, Ok
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed 29 July 2007

My wife and I were looking for things to do in the Dallas area on TripAdvisor, and decided to pay a visit to the Millermore Mansion. We're glad we did. We got much more than expected. It was like stepping back in time, making the ticket price worth every penny.

This house is actually part of what is referred to as the Dallas Heritage Village (or the Old City Park). There are about 27 buildings to walk into. Most if not all have been moved from their original location and perhaps restored to some degree. Within each, there is a stellar effort to make you feel as if you have momentarily stepped into to the lives of the inhabitants.

We were able to visit the Mansion, although the brochure said that you could only visit it with a tour. We were unable to visit one of the houses without being on a tour. As of the writing of this review, if you want to take the tour, you would want to be at the Bank of the village at around 1:30pm.

14 Thank corynrosemary
Seattle, Washington
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 175 helpful votes
“Gorgeous Return to the Antebellum South”
Reviewed 20 September 2006

I just visited the lovely city of Dallas for the first time this past week. One of the places I sought out after seeing it online was the Millermore Mansion within the Old City Park. I went on a Saturday afternoon and just about had the place to myself ~ I guess I was the only silly tourist out in the muggy and sweltering heat, but I wouldn't have missed it for anything! The Old City Park features 37 historic buildings; many of the buildings are open for touring and there's a fantastic working 1861 farm on the property complete with a cow, some sheep, several chickens and a working blacksmith's shop. The two main homes within the park are the Millermore Mansion and the Sullivan house ~ both are absolutely amazing in their own right and should not be missed! Give yourself at least an hour and step back into time....you will not regret it.

8 Thank thetripchick
A TripAdvisor Member
“I loved touring this mansion”
Reviewed 6 June 2003

Okay I may be a little biased because I live in the Dallas area, but I loved touring Millermore Mansion at Old City Park. It is a lovely home. One thing though. It has a ghost in the upstairs master bedroom. She is very quiet. I highly recommend touring this lovely home.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member