“A great walk down the past!”
Review of Millermore Mansion

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ranked #130 of 248 things to do in Dallas
More attraction details
Owner description: This Greek Revival residence was built in 1861 by William B. Miller and is now located at the Old City Park.
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The collection of old, vintage homes is fantastic at heritage Village in what used to be called Old City park. I visited the site while vacationing in Dallas from Chicago. I loved the historical insights to each building via cell phone access. I love the preservation done here and the Historical/Preservation Society should be commended. Rachel at the front desk was a true Sweetie and is a great person to offer a fantastic first impression to a site like this!

3  Thank sechap

Reviewed 14 April 2013

I've lived in Dallas all my life and have always visited Old City Park. The Millermore mansion used to be on Bonnieview and Millermore street in Oak Cliff. My father toured the original home when he was in junior high in 1959 or 1960 because he was doing a story about it. The tour was given by a great granddaughter of Mr.Miller. My dad has always told me this story through the years. I am now 44 & today we took a drive to see the original property. A huge church is now built on the land. He also showed us where the log cabin was located as well as the cemetery.. We then drove behind the church down the alley and looked for the cemetery. Everything was grown up but I'm hoping to go back and locate the graves!

10  Thank Kjbbaylor
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Millermore -- old family home of the Miller family. Used to sit on Miller property off Midway Road and Watauga Rd in North Dallas. Miller family donated it to city of Dallas.

3  Thank DA H
Reviewed 29 July 2007

My wife and I were looking for things to do in the Dallas area on TripAdvisor, and decided to pay a visit to the Millermore Mansion. We're glad we did. We got much more than expected. It was like stepping back in time, making the ticket price worth every penny.

This house is actually part of what is referred to as the Dallas Heritage Village (or the Old City Park). There are about 27 buildings to walk into. Most if not all have been moved from their original location and perhaps restored to some degree. Within each, there is a stellar effort to make you feel as if you have momentarily stepped into to the lives of the inhabitants.

We were able to visit the Mansion, although the brochure said that you could only visit it with a tour. We were unable to visit one of the houses without being on a tour. As of the writing of this review, if you want to take the tour, you would want to be at the Bank of the village at around 1:30pm.

14  Thank corynrosemary
Reviewed 20 September 2006

I just visited the lovely city of Dallas for the first time this past week. One of the places I sought out after seeing it online was the Millermore Mansion within the Old City Park. I went on a Saturday afternoon and just about had the place to myself ~ I guess I was the only silly tourist out in the muggy and sweltering heat, but I wouldn't have missed it for anything! The Old City Park features 37 historic buildings; many of the buildings are open for touring and there's a fantastic working 1861 farm on the property complete with a cow, some sheep, several chickens and a working blacksmith's shop. The two main homes within the park are the Millermore Mansion and the Sullivan house ~ both are absolutely amazing in their own right and should not be missed! Give yourself at least an hour and step back into time....you will not regret it.

8  Thank thetripchick